Masters Running

Friday, July 27th..... (Read 400 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  This week wiped me out.  I am not cut out for what they have me doing at this job.  A guy got fired, today--he deserved it--but it means I get to take out a couple of windows, properly flash them, and reset them...on the 3rd floor on Monday.  Anybody know how to set up scaffolding?  I sent my resume to a large national home builder, today...it would mean a much longer commute everyday but, at least, I'd know what I'm doing. 

So, I tuned into the bear show just in time to see one get dinner...or a snack. 

Wild--what the heck are you doing?!  At the rate you're going, you'll pass me up in total marathons by next June!  No--Eric does not have his license, yet--but he'll have it very soon!  How's that for positive thinking?

Okay--I gotta go.  It's the Olympics!

Oh--good luck to everybody racing this weekend!

07/27 henrun - Blessing of the Fleet 10 Miler, Narragansett, R.I.

07/27 Marj - Blessing of the Fleet 10 Miler, Narragansett, R.I.

07/28 MilkTruck - Peaks Island 5 Miler, Peaks Island ME

07/28 fatozzig - Mt. Hood 50-Miler, Mt. Hood, OR

07/28 SLOjim - City of Cypress 10K, CA 

07/28 Sarge - Run with the Big Dawgs 5k,  Ellwood City, Pa

07/28 Mike E - Fete des Lacs 8K, Centerville, MN

07/28 tetsujin - Seafair Pirates 8K (Seattle) - barefoot

07/29 Ileneforward - San Francisco half marathon, SF CA

07/29 Coastwalker - York Days 5K, York, ME

SteveP

Hello everybody!  This week wiped me out.  I am not cut out for what they have me doing at this job.  A guy got fired, today--he deserved it--but it means I get to take out a couple of windows, properly flash them, and reset them...on the 3rd floor on Monday.  Anybody know how to set up scaffolding?  I sent my resume to a large national home builder, today...it would mean a much longer commute everyday but, at least, I'd know what I'm doing. 

I really really really hope you have help with the scaffolding. If you're solo, it's going to take an insane amount of time. If your shop has more than one style of legs and braces, make sure that what you take works together. Set up an extra section with out planks past where you'll be working. There will be a place to rest the windows and something to grab onto. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

My DH has been watching Korean soap operas lately.  He confessed to 80 hours worth since he has been off work.  Just when you think you know someone.....I watched part of one with him last night and he filled me in on the love triangles and class differences (apparently a recurrent theme) among the different characters.

Big grin

Where do you even find Korean soap operas?

No run for me on Friday, 30-40 minutes of core and weights instead.

We now have a large window cut into our kitchen wall.  Drywal is supposed to be done next week.

Bear cams are not working for me this morning.....Sad

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."