Masters Running

Monday President's Day Runs (Read 50 times)

...and Holly's right//...........every time I feel like dropping out,

I read someone's Effort to overcome an Injury and I keep on Pluggin'..

'...of course I was never That Bright to begin with.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Some great runs today.

It's Family Day here to and although I work for a private company the salaried workers are off. so ran late today, felt great...short run. Other than cleaning up and helping Pam find work here as she has to live out of town where she works until we find something here..ugh...anyway Girls and I had a great weekend. We ate everything all the ice cream cake and now feel fat so went out and bought a ton of healthy food, veggies, and fruits and so on...so will be careful now.

Surprising how hard it is to not drink anymore due to the AFIB...not easy, as I sometimes hear a glass of red wine call my name.

Have a great day everyone...back to work tomorrow.

Recent Best times: None recently

Dave59

I managed 2 miles on the treadmill before I gave in.  I tell ya, work has just worn me down and I seem to have a low tolerance to stress.  I got word on a big monthly fine for our company if the project I am working on isn't done by the end of March.  I don't know if it is possible because I don't know the full extent of the work.  Apparently the account exec made the deal with the client in order to keep the business.  What used to be a challenge now sucks the life out of me.

I swear on the head of my John Calvin bobble head doll that I will find a new job when this is over.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8511/8486047129_aa05e141cf.jpg

(In a week from now, I'll figure out some way to get it done and I'll go back on my promise because in the end, it is easier to just keep doing the same old thing.)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I'm one who doesn't post here when I DO run.... I dunno, so hard to keep up with everyone's goings and comings.... but know that I think about all of you often, during all my miles... Smile

Byll, I liked that list. Nothing there that I didn't already know, but it's good to be reminded of the mistakes we all tend to make. Thanks.

9.47 miles today, my first hard workout of the hill phase in my training. After a mile and a half warmup, I did this high knees springing run up a shortish hill in my town, jogged a bit of recovery at the top, then sprinted (the best I could) down the other side. Jogged a bit more to finish out the block, turned around and did the same thing up and down the other side. Then lather-rinse-repeat a third time. Since this was only my first time with the hill workout, I only had three of these to do today, so I finished out the rest of my miles running (normally) up and down some other neighborhood hills. Looking at my splits now, I see my quarter mile hill was a bit shorter than I realized, and my recoveries were quite longer than I had planned. Oops, oh well... I get to do this workout all over again on Friday, including some flat strides in between each hill set, so hopefully I'll get the distances right then. Heh, guess I created a new mistake for the list, botching the workout! Wink

Have a great day, everyone.

Maniac 505

I'm one who doesn't post here when I DO run.... I dunno, so hard to keep up with everyone's goings and comings.... but know that I think about all of you often, during all my miles... :

Yeah, me too.

Tthanks for the Amos (Amy) update.  Tet.  In addition to her other credits, I'm pretty sure she has a BQ in all 50 states, but kinda of like Larry Macon, she is so modest she will never talk about her achievements.  You can't really even drag them out of her.  She seems to only want to talk about you.

King of PhotoShop

OM, that springing workout you did is pure Lydiard.  Good for you, good for your coach.  Spareribs

King of PhotoShop

What divechief said about Amy.  Never a self-possessed thought.  Thanks.

And Tet, thanks for you contribution too.  Great recollections.

One more Aamos story and I will leave this alone.  I had a bunch of people at the house that weekend, so I braised a bone-in pork loin, and of course I had browned it first, then simmered it covered, herbs, onions, the right way.

So just before dinner, I take the roast out of the cast iron pot to do other stuff with it, and she's right on my shoulder and says, "Are you sure this is done?"

Straight face.  I laughed my ass off.  I love that woman.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

i miss Amy also.

My memory of her is she ran right by my side for my first marathon. I ran Seattle R&R, she and her husband flew out for the wknd. She wanted to run this one just for fun and even though I'm sure my 4:46 time and all the walking I had to do during the last 7 or so miles was painful for her (because she is capable of running SO much faster), she stuck by my side and walked when i walked, ran at my snail pace, chatted when I wanted to chat and just ran side by side when I needed it. I really enjoyed getting to know her that weekend and am ever so thankful for spending way more time out in that hot sun with me that day then she needed to.

short run for me today - just a couple miles on the trails with the dogs. spent most of the day scouring all of So. Oregon for a couple types of used vehicles we are in the market for, researching, reading reviews, crunching numbers, etc. I'll be so glad when this stupid process is over and we have a new-to-us vehicle.

Tammy

Oddly enough, I was just thinking about Amy the other day and wondering where she'd wandered off to.  Hope she sticks her head back in here sometime.  She's a real gem of a human being.

JLynne - Pool running ain't for sissies.  Keep up the good work.

Dave59- Good luck with the project.  Hope it doesn't drive you too crazy.  I tend to get real cranky when I'm stressed . . . .

Tet - No, I won't run the Mt. Hood 100 this year over Headlands 50.  First, I've already paid for Headlands.  Second, I'm not ready for a 100.  My goal is to get through these two upcoming 50-milers with no pacer since you have to run the first 50 of a 100 miler without one.  If I can run both Mt. Hood 50 and Headlands 50 and survive, then I think I'll be ready for a 100 next year.  We'll see.  Every time I think about it, I get a bit lightheaded.  Wink

4 very EZ miles for me this a.m., followed by some transcription work, then sitting on my butt the rest of the day.  The Hub got up at 2:00 a.m. to begin working on two 6.25-lb pork butts that he smoked all day.  Went on at 5:00 a.m., and we got to chow down on pulled pork sandwiches at 6:00 p.m.  Oh my, he did a good job!!  (Now go get some sleep, honey.)

Okay - gotta go find three 4-legged, hairy creatures and get them inside so I can go to bed.

Later, Dudes and Dudettes ~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

Is anyone running the cowtown marathon next weekend?  I think ribs might have said he is?  anyway, that will be Larry Macon's 1000th  lifetime marathon.  he's in the guiness book, for the last 3 or 4 years, he has been running over 100 official marathons a year.  He is a back of the packer, if an early start is offered he will take it.  You will hear his booming voice long before you see him, but if you cross paths with him, give him a hearty congrats,

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sounds like a good idea. Good luck Leslie.

This was a special day wasn't it

<<<(aamos)>>>

GRINS  Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

. The good news is grandson #3 will be born tomorrow. With someone's help, maybe I can post some pictures.

WoHoo!!!

Amen Holly.

I'm with you Dave59.

Smile

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat - that's why I generally don't race in the winter.  The cold just sucks the speed (what little there is) right out of me.

(((Dave59)))  I seem to walk that fine line as well, Erika too.

Here's Amy at my first Boston.  What a special lady...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Holly - what memories this picture brings back.  Henry is in the white hat at the Olympic trials in Boston.  Thanks for posting

marj

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

This was the US Women's Olympic trails, right?  And I'm right behind Henry.  My first RA meetup, (although was it CR at that point?).  I'd also like to chime in on the AAmos lovefest--spent a nice while chatting with her and DH Daniel (who is yet another outstanding person) at one of Robin's get-togethers.  And she is also a Red Sox fan.  How can you go wrong?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.