Masters Running

December Boomer Miles and 2007 Totals (Read 1111 times)

Henrun

Hi Tramps, helping to keep the averages down we did the following: Marj-Dec.-92;2007-986 Henrun-Dec.-102;2007-1330.4 And 'countless' miles walking (Boston is a very walkable city).
      Thanks Tramps! December: 248.5 cold and snowy miles 2007: 2312.75 ( a personal best by over 800 miles) Happy New Year to all! Smile Dave
      Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar
        Thanks Tramps! reading all these posts and numbers keeps my feet going. December miles: 190 2007 miles: 2,396 Masters marathon PR---3:29 at Hartford '07---first time under 3:30 in 20 years and I think it was you Tramps who suggested that PRs can be reclaimed and recalibrated---if that wasn't you, then thanks for the suggestion no less! CNYrunner
        TammyinGP

Hi Tramps, thanks for doing this another month and finishing us out for the year! I took an easy month and only got in 66 miles - one of my lower months for sure. But I finished off the year by surpassing my goal. DECEMBER TOTAL: 66 miles 2007 TOTAL: 850 miles (PR by default as this is my first consistent year of running) I only made a goal of 800 miles and I really had no idea what to expect as this was my first full year of running. For 2006, I was under 400 for the year (360 or so I think?). It was a good running year for me, as I never experienced the IT pain I had off and on for most of 2006 and I set PR's in every distance I raced, up to a HM. And the nice thing is, my race PR's weren't by default. The PR's came in 2nd and 3rd tries at various distances, so I saw steady improvement during the course of the year. Looking forward to 2008 and reaching new goals!

Tammy

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Thanks for doing this again for us. December 07 - 254.9 miles Total 2007 - 3252.6 miles (yearly PR) Summary for 2007 I ran 9 marathons in 7 states and one Canadian Prov. Including marathons on three successive Sunday's, starting with the Lower Potomac River Marathon a PR of 3:21:34 followed by Virginia Beach Shamrock Marathon 3:36:17 and Ocean Drive Marathon 3:36:10, and two in one weekend, North Dakota Roughrider Marathon 3:32:07 and the Montana Marathon 4:15:08. The others were Eugene Marathon (3:41:10) Mary's Birthday Marathon (3:41:00), Royal Victoria Marathon (3:37:28) and the Seattle Marathon (3:49:48). Its been a great year. Having met more boomers than I can even type, although I remeber all of them. I have the pictures to prove they were there even if they deny it. (That way I don't miss anyone)

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

I'm glad I found this, Tramps. It's something I look forward to every month. December miles: 200.8 2007 miles: 2568
              Tramps

Each month, I look forward to reading everyone's reports and I really hope someone picks up some version of this thread in 2008. A modest 123 for me this month. Small PR in the half (1:42:17) but, hey, they all count. An excellent year for me overall with 1848 miles (appropriately revolutionary, I suppose). I stayed healthy, ran pretty consistently (with variation in training cycles), and made some progress. What more could I ask for? Big grin

Be safe. Be kind.

The Jogger

Hi, Thanks Tramps for this dedication to the group. My dec miles 101 My yearly miles I will have to guess, I know I have done a minimum of last years so to be on the safe side I will put 1,100m Roy
                  anachrotech

Thanks Tramps for doing this. 52 for me this month - finally went over 30. Yah. 509.5 for the year - about half of what I wanted to do. Well, there's next year.
                      Thanks Tramps for this month's efforts and for the many months of doing this on CR previously. We appreciate it. December 172.6 miles 2007 2040 miles Neither is a PR. No race PR's either. (That'll change in January. I hope!) Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Tramps you've done a great job this year! December: 205.6 mi 2007: 1890.4 mi (but 2nd half of 2007 was > 1100 mi) PR: 1/2 Marathon 1:39:37 12/1/07

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

bap

Hi Tramps 110.3 miles for December, coincidentally the same as July. Hopefully I can avoid injury. A measly 904 miles this year, which works out to 17 mpw but its a mighty 1.1% more than 2006. 130 miles planned in January and 120 in February. Happy New Year!

Certified Running Coach
                          Crocked since 2013

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thank you Tramps for doing this all year - you are the best!!! Monthly milage - 96 Yearly Milage and a HUGE PR 1,003.3 Last year - 736.9 a PR of 266.4 miles On to 2008!! Cheers to you ALL! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mariposai

Thanks for your servant spirit Tramp. This thread always keeps me motiviated. This was a fanstastic running year for me. I ran 3 marathons, one half, three trail races, one relay race and two 5ks and...STAYED injury free. December is a PR month with 160 miles. 2007 miles: 1,370. My goal for the year was 1200. Here is wishing to everyone a 2008 with higher achievements. May all your dream times come true. Going the extra mile can lead us to extraordinary achievements.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Again, I am so excited to have found you all again. I was sooo worried I would never see my name on the Honor Roll again. Dec. mile 75 - a PR for 2007 (does that count?) YTD 746. Not great, and down a bit from last year, but at least I'm out there! fussyrunner aka Helen Fussell from CR THANKS TRAMPS!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!