Masters Running

December Boomer Miles and 2007 Totals (Read 1111 times)

sluggo

John

Here is my 2007 & Dec info: total miles 2007: 1191.4 total miles Dec: 74.2 2007 PR's: 5 K: 22:07 4 mi: 30:08 5 mi: 36:46 Half M: 1:45:28 Marathon: 4:31:04 Training for the spring marathon seemed to give me jets I never had before! John

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

wildchild

Carolyn

I always look forward to this thread every month - thanks, Tramps for your time and effort. December miles: 100.5. My fifth month over 100 miles in 2007. 2007 total: 960.1. A PR over 2006, which was 761.5 miles. I only started tracking my running in Jan 2006. 1000 miles should be well within reach for 2008.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps, thanks again for your efforts in doing this. December miles - 135 2007 miles - 1549.5 TomS
        pfriese

Thanks Tramps for doing the monthly running tally for as long as I've been here (and there). It is one of my favorite threads also. December miles: 174.3 Total 2007 miles: 1750.2 Paul
            wow - some pretty impressive numbers here!! you're all amazing!! dec - 61.05 - i did miss a week due to that nasty sore throat/cold i had didn't do yearly total because i had that tibial stress syndrome most of the summer so i did mostly cross-training with very little running for about 3 months 2008 goal - 100 hours running per month!! think i can definitely find my inspiration here!!

denise

Just did my final 4 miles of the month/year, so can chime in here: December: 80.6 (2nd longest month of the year -- go figger) 2007: 802.7 running, 590 cycling, and I'll certainly beat both of those numbers in 2008!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Kennedy

I'm new here, Tramps, but I appreciate you doing this, also. Given the number of people who have posted already, it definitely looks like a lot of work to keep up with. Thank you. December - 260 miles 2007 - 1368 miles
                  Thank you Tramps for the great service you've provided the Boomers and now the Masters in the montly thread. I, for one, look forward to it each month. Dec. miles.....113 miles....a montly PR for me. 2007 miles....784 miles....a yearly PR for me. And here's to many safe and enjoyable miles to all for 2008!
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                    51 miles in December, 859 in 2007 (PR). Tramps, this is a great thread and I'll miss it. Dark Horse
                    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                    dg.

Tramps, Thanks from me too. Not just for all your hard work, but for handling this in a way that's encouraging & inspiring to everyone, regardless of what we have to post. I couldn't have done it without your personal invitation to the newbies after we invaded B&B... So. to stop beating around the bush. 5.5 running miles for December. 4.7 recorded walking. 427.33 running for the year, 48.5 recorded walking. I was sick for the first 3 months of this year, then pulled a hamstring Oct.2, still trying to fix that. At least I'm symmetrical Wink. Just look at all the room there is for improvement! Big grin. Looking forward to next year; I'll try to do it right this time. congratulations to everyone of you. eta. translate to dg9. thanks.
                      dg.

51 miles in December, 859 in 2007 (PR). Tramps, this is a great thread and I'll miss it. Dark Horse
                        hey, DH.. you were looking for a job, yes?
                          Hi y'all and thanks Tramp for starting this nice thread. December: 134 (down from taper and reverse taper) 2007: 1850 2007 Rookie-Accomplishments: I ran every distance in state rankings.(1M - Marathon) I ran 20 races and placed in 16 (Overall-3; Masters-9; AG-4). I lowered 5k PR 9 times from 22:20 in Feb. to 18:22 in Nov. I broke 40 in the 10k on third try. I broke a 27 y.o. PR in the 10 mile by 2:52. I broke a 27 y.o. PR in the Half M by 6:52. I ran my first marathon and qualified for Boston, as an 18 y.o.. I won my hometown race, The Harvest Moon 10k. I won more money and gift-cards than I deserve. I lost 17 lbs since 1/1; 40 lbs since starting running 10/1/06. And I've met new people and made new friends...priceless! To God be the glory.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

huskydon

Again, thanks Tramps for all your work, this monthly thread has always been one of the best. Dec miles: 91.1 2007 miles: 1028.0 This has been a great injury free year for me, with PR's in the 5K (23:19, Oct) and HM (1:52:12, Dec). I have learned so much from the CR bunch, and I am happy that the community seems to have come back together. Best wishes, and a wonderful new year to you all. huskydon
                              Tramps, Couldn't let the year close out and not contribute to your last installment. Caps off to you, friend for all your work and inspiration here, and to all of those we've shared miles and trials with over the past year. Thanks. My December was a mess for various reasons. you could almost plug in any random number since I ran a lot of sanity miles this month without time or measurement devices. 90 is all I can legitimately prove though - so that's what we'll call it. Put me down for 2008.8392 for the year. WRFB will vouch for me Aija Oh yeah and PRs in the half, 10km and a master's PR in the 5km Cheers

Hill Runner

Thanks Tramps, I ran my first marathon this year despite a couple of setbacks...an operation (with 3 months recovery) in the first quarter of the year and an injury in the fall. My mileage as expected was lower than my 2000 miles last year but I'm gererally pleased that I got through everything and am looking forward to 2008. December = 115.4 miles 2007 YTD = 1637.4 miles

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13