Masters Running

Donna - Cancer (Read 471 times)

TomD

For those of you who have met Donna, you know of her energy and love of life. For about a month or so she has coughing spells, that caused her to spit up blood. On December 19th after another chest Xray it was decide to do a scan which showed a tumor on her lower left lung. From the tests of December 20th we found out today that it is cancer. She will be having another test to determine if the cancer is local or spreading and how much. Donna being her positive self was convinced that would not be cancer. She was so very upset by the news today. All this was so sudden. TomD
    xor

Tom, that is awful news... it is almost always surprising. Sorry. The testing phase is kind of crazy and the periods of waiting can be the hardest times. For both Donna AND YOU. Take care of Donna and don't forget to take care of yourself. The options are way better (and numerous, which doesn't necessarily mean 'easier') for most types of cancer these days than they were even 10 years ago. This doesn't make it any less scary, of course. Good luck. Lots of folks will be thinking about you two, I'm sure.

Oh, Tom. So sorry to read this. Best of luck with the treatment.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

{{{Donna}}} & {{{Tom}}}. Wishing for a good outcome! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Tom, please know that you and Donna are in our thoughts and prayers.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Tom, so sorry to hear this. My SIL got a breast cancer diagnosis this fall, and while the treatment is going well, it is just really hard to come to terms with it. Best wishes for a good outcome for her treatment.
                Prayers are coming your way. Best wishes. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

wildchild

Carolyn

So sorry to hear the news, Tom. Best wishes for you and Donna.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

I'm so sorry Tom. It's hard to know what to say.... what a shock for you both. Best wishes for test results & treatment. {{{{{ Tom & Donna }}}}
                      Very sorry to learn of this Tom. Try to remain as positive as you can - lots of treatment progress with this. I will be keeping you both in my thoughts. Hugs to you and Donna.
                        This is indeed a shock, Tom. I remember when she hosted an aid station at TIMTAM last year and runners surprised the race director by complimenting him for having candy and orange slices at the station. He knew nothing about it! Donna had just taken the initiative and provided goodies out of her own sense of kindness. You will both be in our thoughts. Stay strong and you'll get through this.
                        Henrun

Sorry to hear this Tom. We wish the best for both you and Donna.
                            So sorry to hear the news. Prayers and healing wishes coming your way.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

#artbydmcbride

Healing and strength vibes going out to Donna!

Runners run

piejones

TomD......I tend to hang out at Kickrunners these days, but someone there posted a note about this thread. I just wanted to come over and offer my best wishes to you both. Lung cancer has been a large issue in my own life as my mother is currently doing battle with the disease. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers. Pie