Masters Running

The Monday Daily - 9.3.12 (Read 429 times)

WOOOOHOOOOO Carolyn!!  nice job!!Big grinBig grin

So glad Tag finally had his ice cream!! 

Great pics Steve and everyone else who has posted pics lately -- MikeE -- I loved the ones from Ryan's running meets - those shoes are so cool!!   and Rhoon - those mountain pics are simply AMAZING!!

Henry - hope I heal as quickly as you!!

Erika - you are so ready for the Equinox!!  I havent run with Kevin in awhile, but I am sure he is ready to get there as well!!

OM - sweet half!!  you are really speeding up!!

Hope everyone has been enjoying their weekend.  I am trying to be good and keep this foot in the air cast but it's not easy!  I did get some news from the race director and as long as my dr sends them a letter re. my injury I will be able to defer my number til next year -- who knows, maybe i'll be able to do the 1/2 Iron distance next year!!  Wink

denise

Great races, Carolyn and OM! You are both doing well these days.

Carolyn, your time was almost identical to my lifetime marathon PR, and that was back when I was about 54 or 55 and on a flat course. Way to go!

tselbs, I hope you find your problem soon. We're about the same age and used to run about the same times, so I've been wondering what's been going on. I once had an issue with beta-blockers, but I'm sure a much higher dosage as it was for BP control. The effect was to limit my HR and I was definitely short on energy and endurance. My doc changed to a different non-beta-blocker med and I recovered immediately. Hope you can do the same!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Mike E

MM #5615

So...I was entering a race on the Intrepid Racers thread and I noticed this...09/15 wildchild - Autumn Color Run marathon, Buena Vista, CO

Then I looked a little further down and saw this...11/03 wildchild - Moab Trail Marathon, Moab, UT

And, of course, a little further down the list was this one...11/18 wildchild - Flying Monkey Marathon, Nashville TN

That's just...well...that's just wild!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Great race, Carolyn, congrats!!

Congrats, racers!

I ran this morning and just now.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Congrats, Carolyn, and a PR is a PR regardless of the course differences. Enjoy! (I wouldn't want a stupid water bottle either...) And yeah, you've got quite the schedule for the rest of the year. Isn't it fun planning all those races? I can't wait till the opportunity presents itself to do serial marathons again. 

Denise, I haven't heard from Kevin so don't know his plans, but it might be fun to see if he has pre-race dinner plans.

Tselbs, it does seem amazing that the dose in eyedrops would be enough to cause that reaction, but you did track the start of the running decline to the start of the eyedrops. Holly said runners are more in tune with their bodies, but I think a lot of it is keeping a detailed log where you can see the changes in your runs. Hard to argue with a log and a calendar! I hope the change helps you get back to your spunky self.

No run for me today. Just puttered around the house, went thru closets looking for things to get rid of. Tired of all the clutter! I can't believe how fast this four-day weekend (I took Friday off) went by. I have a four-day work week coming up, and I'll bet it will seem twice as long as the past four days!!

Bushrat Runner

After three runs in two weeks, I got out for 6 miles in the brief lull in the storm. Two consecutive Aleutian Lows moving in early this year, back to back, and we're just waiting for the second one to wander into town tomorrow. Probably drunk and a bit tipsy, if it is anything like the last one. We'll all sort of stay inside, mostly, and nod out the window, until he gets the hint and leaves town. And if the wind is under 35, I'll probably go running anyway. Got to occasionally be nice to the tipsy strangers in our midst, just not for too long.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wildchild - congratulations on your marathon PR!  And that is quite a schedule you have planned for the fall - very cool!

Tag - nice running and glad you finally got your ice cream!

Erika - I agree.  Why is it that 4 day work weeks always seem so long?  Undecided

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."