Masters Running

Saturday Daily November 1 (Read 35 times)

King of PhotoShop

So you wanted a picture, Mariposai?  Here you go:

Sorry about the quality of the photo. Dark in this place.

We just did a little tune up 2 miler at the park, in prep for tomorrow's Half. Wish us luck. Spareribs

Slo

Great picture Ribs...Dare I say cute? Smile

Oh boy...lack of trickster treaters means I've got lots of candy to run off over the coming weeks.

Busy weekend...I might need that extra hour...trails to build, leaves to rake, I'm hoping I can squeeze in time to go see the movie "The Judge". Really tough to go wrong with any Robert Duvall movie.

Enjoy!

...mornin' lovebirds////////

===========

........34mprnb

deo

......still kinda sick,

but tired of Pampering Myself

...............84 on Monday, 29 tonite>>>>>>>>>really cold bikeride in the morning

.........................good running guys

eta-

just watched

''Bedazzeled'' with Brendan Frazier for the Ump-teenth time..........I LOVE that movie, also the Theme Song

www.youtube.com/watch?v=71KdkbT7FKA

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

How romantic!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Sayhey! MM#130

Rabbit Rabbit

G'Day and G'Luck,  Sir and Madam Ribs!  --love the C-word in the pic, too.

DH got a medal for racewalking a 5K this morning!  He's doing really well, and enjoys it lots more than running .

Get better FASTER tw!

I got into the cookies after the race this am.....am in the Taghouse with Slo, I fear.

Kevin, get out there!

15K in 1:07:55; we're off to a half up near Tampa tomorrow morning.  Simon's coming along, so must go pack his bags.  And  millet.  And bird toys........

Cool here-64 at the race start today!

Good Saturdays and remember to take that extra hour tonight!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Rabbit Rabbit

G'Day and G'Luck,  Sir and Madam Ribs!  --love the C-word in the pic, too.

DH got a medal for racewalking a 5K this morning!  He's doing really well, and enjoys it lots more than running .

Get better FASTER tw!

I got into the cookies after the race this am.....am in the Taghouse with Slo, I fear.

Kevin, get out there!

15K in 1:07:55; we're off to a half up near Tampa tomorrow morning.  Simon's coming along, so must go pack his bags.  And  millet.  And bird toys........

Cool here-64 at the race start today!

Good Saturdays and remember to take that extra hour tonight!

grins,

A

Looks like Jay may have another convert!

I will, even though the forecast is not terribly inspiring for tomorrow morning.  37 with 50% chance of rain and/or snow.  JTWILI.  Yeah, right.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Our house is too far off the beaten path to get trick-or-treaters, so we don't have an excuse to buy candy. Darn.

Still plugging away; just busy.  Switching from working at home to a regular long commute has wrecked my RA time. 

Starting a taper for Richmond.  (Stumpy, we should check in.  I'll PM you.)

Be safe. Be kind.

mrrun

we ran our new england 65 plus 5k this morning.  the race took place at the lake that stumpy runs around.  i got a 2nd and henry didn't place.  for those who don't realize there are faster runners in the 70+ categories here's the results. The race was dedicated to Lou Peters, the 90 year old who ran a 46:25.  I hope I can still be running at all in my 80's.

marj

MALE AGE GROUP:  70 - 74
                      1    56 David Pember        71 Medffield          MA   24:22 
                      2    57 Richard Paulson     71 Woburn             MA   24:25 
                      3    60 Richard Molloy      73 Chelmsford         MA   24:36 
                      4    65 Robert Sullivan     72 Brookline          MA   24:49 
                      5    89 Jim Batts           72 Andover            MA   26:19 

FEMALE AGE GROUP:  70 - 74
                      1    44 Jan Holmquist       70 Burlington         MA   22:52 
                      2   122 Sandra Cosco        70 Saugus             MA   28:35 
                      3   171 Patricia Ryan       73 Medford            MA   31:46 
                      4   177 Susan Filene        73 Cambridge          MA   32:30 
                      5   231 Laura Warren        71 Peabody            MA   42:32 
                                           MALE AGE GROUP:  75 - 79
                      1    94 Frank Hurt          78 Laconia            NH   26:35 
                      2   100 Ram Satyaprasad     76 Burlington         MA   26:48 
                      3   128 Tim Tobin           76 Hingham            MA   28:53 
                      4   138 Bill Masterson      76 Centerville        MA   29:16 
                      5   144 Joe Sayers          76 Rye                NH   29:43 
                                          FEMALE AGE GROUP:  75 - 79
                      1   226 Anne Marie McDonald 77 East Weymouth      MA   41:12 
                      2   242 Nancy Wilson        79 Nahant             MA   46:05 
                      3   260 Dot Ketchum         77 Plaistow           NH   50:25 
                                           MALE AGE GROUP:  80 - 84
                      1   166 Jim Lynch           84 Plaistow           NH   31:32 
                      2   200 Larry Cole          80 Harwich            MA   34:44 
                      3   208 Bob Welts           81 Amherst            NH   36:32 
                      4   212 George Leslie       82 Chelmsford         MA   37:09 
                      5   224 Tim Cunningham      82 Manchester         MA   41:09
                  FEMALE AGE GROUP:  80 - 84
                      1   230 Leslie Lowry        80 Bedford            MA   41:55 
                      2   272 Phyllis Mays        83 Needham            MA   52:13 
                                           MALE AGE GROUP:  85 - 89
                      1   246 Lou Peters          89 Methuen            MA   46:25 
                      2   273 Jerry Panarese      86 Lynnfield          MA   53:10 
                                          FEMALE AGE GROUP:  85 - 89
                                           MALE AGE GROUP:  90 - 99
                      1   276 Robert Hunter      91 Tewksbury          MA 1:02:52

we ran our new england 65 plus 5k this morning.  the race took place at the lake that stumpy runs around.  i got a 2nd and henry didn't place.  for those who don't realize there are faster runners in the 70+ categories here's the results. The race was dedicated to Lou Peters, the 90 year old who ran a 46:25.  I hope I can still be running at all in my 80's.

marj

So awesome Marj!!  Lou Peters is a much loved member of our running group - MVS.....hope there were some of us out there!!  I thought about it but really needed a solo run to focus on my fuel and pace.  Ran 18.2 miles today with varying paces set by my coach - it was a great run and I think the fuel thing is starting to come together -- or at least I hope so because 11/23 is fast approaching!!

Happy Nov 1 friends!!

denise

evanflein

We are now well stocked on Snickers and Twix miniatures for awhile... *urp* I've heard the key to not indulging in Halloween candy is to buy things kids like but you don't. Now, what is the point of that? No need to encourage waste, after all! Tramps, who needs an excuse? We almost always have almond M&Ms on hand. Sort of a staple, ya know?

Nice to see the PDA from Ribs and the Saint. You two are very adorable, and I don't mean that in any sort of condescending way. Good luck to you in the half tomorrow, the Saint's training has been fun to watch from a distance. That week in Mexico was probably the perfect taper!

I had a boss who took his cat on vacations sometimes. Now Amy is taking her bird to Tampa for the weekend. What about the cats? They'll feel left out. Nice job for your DH on the race walking, that's really cool!

Get better, tomwhite! You've been dealing with this too long now.

Chilly here this morning! Clear and sunny, 12° here at the house, 2° but feels like -5° in town. Not sure what I'll do today, but the house is begging for attention. With two cats lounging around, I really should vacuum more often!

Henrun

As Marj said I didn't place-came in 7/7 in my AG (80-84). My Achilles started acting up just before mile 2 and the pain was so intense that mile 3 was a disaster- but I finished. What Marj didn't say was that we ran in the start of a nor'easter (rain and wind). Conditions were miserable, so I'm very proud of all our oldsters-they could have chosen to sit in front of the boob tube watching football (which I'm doing now). BTW- one of the 80 year olds is running lamerunner's Manchester marathon tomorrow (in even worse weather conditions).

mrrun

So awesome Marj!!  Lou Peters is a much loved member of our running group - MVS.....hope there were some of us out there!!  I thought about it but really needed a solo run to focus on my fuel and pace.  Ran 18.2 miles today with varying paces set by my coach - it was a great run and I think the fuel thing is starting to come together -- or at least I hope so because 11/23 is fast approaching!!

Happy Nov 1 friends!!

yes - we saw lots of MVS shirts

you are running great and will rock Philly!

henrun marj anyone running a race in today's weather in the north-east deserves some sort of prize just for getting out there!  Maybe a straight jacket?   It is just awful out there!

stumpy77 that is one decked out house!

tetsujin209 with thoughts like that it is better to think than eat!

evanflein in those temperatures?  Already?  Yes, less unpleasant is the right adjective.  How do you do it!?  

SteveP some day those kids will grow up and have a great set of stories to tell all thanks to you!  That and visiting you at the asylum.  But, I guess you get one with the other!  

Today was my last pre-marathon double digit and tuneup run, 13 at MP.  It was awful!  The weather, not my pace.  It is horrible, no good just plain bad out!  I went out while it is was cold and damp.  Then a major violation of the "no running in the rain"© occurred when it started raining.    No good, rotten mother nature!  But, given how I felt at the end and my pace I think I am in good shape for Savannah next Saturday.

About restaurants in Savannah.  I looked up the TripAdvisor reviews for Lady and Sons (Paula Dean's restaurant) and to say the very least they were mixed.  I am thinking it might be like Guy Fieri's Manhattan restaurant.  That is a famous chef who has allowed one of his places to fall down on the job.  For those of you who have not heard it has been roundly panned.  There is even a web page that spoofs the menu:  http://guysamericankitchenandbar.com/ it is just hysterical!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Great pic of Ribs and the Saint.

I absolutely love the idea of a run strictly for the more seasoned Masters.  Congrats, Marj, on your placement, and Henry,  I hope the AT is feeling better soon.

Shorty cannot limit himself on candy, so we don't have it around much.  And I was chiding  myself at work the other day when I made the decision to get two quarters from my desk and get up  and go downstairs to get a couple of pieces of candy out of the goody bowl.  It's not like I happened to pass by.  I did that way too many times this past week.

2Kitty ran in the rain?!?!???  I'm very proud of you!  As to the Paula Deen restaurant, my SIL and BIL went about 3 or 4 years ago and weren't very impressed.  Long line to get in, the food was good, but not great.  I'd say find yourself some hole-in-the-wall places.  When we were there a number of years ago, we happened upon a little Cuban restaurant there that was absolutely amazing.  I sure wish I could remember where it was or the name.  I do remember it was a dinky little place that we almost missed, maybe had 10 tables.  Was located in the "regular" part of Savannah, not near any of the touristy areas.

I had a good hour walk at the Arcata Marsh this morning.  Absolutely beautiful morning.  Posted some pics on my FB page, but here are a few of them.

The bay, which is directly on the other side of the dike, was like glass.

Was lucky enough to capture a few groups of birds flying right along the top of the water.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Very nice pictures, Leslie.

Marj and Henry--I'm sorry, I forgot about the race today.  We got busy putting away decorations.  But I would have liked to come over and say hi.  Too many fast people to race--I do bad enough in my AG without getting embarrassed with all those fast folks.  There was a faint chance that I might have placed in the 75-79 AG.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.