Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 7.30.13 (Read 47 times)

dg.

: - D

Mariposai

Enkie, I am muching on a green salad with bites of smoke salmon. I have to try the Omelette one of these days. I enjoy omelettes a lot.

Good workout, Holly.

Cloudy and 88 today. Lovely weather! It was low 60s when I went for my hilly run today. Endomondo, the tracker I use, tells me that I had a 538F total elevation gain. Lovely sunrise on the way up!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

Now OM, don't forget that the dancing bananas were at Kickrunners, not here.

Who says?

Be safe. Be kind.

Maniac 505

Going to an outdoor concert tonight....Indigo Girls.

Enke:  I saw them several years ago when they did summer nights at the pier.  I felt like I was the only hetero male there, but I enjoyed the concert.

I'm starting my week off (got off work 6:00 this morning) I slept for 3 hours ,   I should be able to get to sleep early tonight,  I hope to be a day person by the time I jump in the water at the Seattle aquarium in the morning.

Dave

Dave59

Test..test..test

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/dreadlocks.gif  http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/banana-with-bagpipes-smiley-emoticon.gif  http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/canadian-flag-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/dance.gif

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/purple-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

(The purple banana stopped dancing on my screen.  Poor guy.)

Dave59

I hope to be a day person by the time I jump in the water at the Seattle aquarium in the morning.

Is this like when Spock does a mind meld with a humpback whale?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

And, come to think of it, though there’s probably too many anyway for those of us who try to hide in the obscurity of late evening postings, I always thought any paucity of comments was because of not running that much, if any, . . and it not being much like running when I do it anyway. However, I like reading about places I was for various times before the running boom, e.g. today’s Ludington dunes and Falmouth’s ocean breezes, runs I don’t have the power and ability to do anymore (Equinox) and those famed ones I’ll never get to anyway (NYC, Mt. Washington, Manchester, JFK, anything in California, etc.). I’ll definitely be more generous myself now though that I know some easy targ....., I mean, posters seldom check back on their postings. No wonder I love running so much. ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... . I bet Troy gets to eat salmon omlettes all the time anytime he wants. I know someone else who got to too for two wonderful summers up there in those days ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... dave/enke - if it works out, wanna join Iroman Frank and world duathlons sylvia and barefoot me at this years Labor day half mary, or is it a full?, at Marymoor Park? ps - if that trail race is up Cougar Mountain, be careful.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/dreadlocks.gif  http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/banana-with-bagpipes-smiley-emoticon.gif  http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/canadian-flag-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/dance.gif

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/purple-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

...."NannerTime///////////////

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, there's quite a party going on here today!  Cool  The purple banana was dancing when I first saw him, but now he's stopped. What a slacker.

Dave59, we just watched that old Star Trek movie where Spock does the mind meld with Gracie the whale.  We're working our way through all the old Star Trek movies - our library has them.

Dave/divechief, when we were in Seattle, Enke pointed out the aquarium where you dive.  I'd love to go there sometime! Enjoy your week off.

Just a reminder that there's one more day in July, and it's a good time to start figuring how you're gonna end the month on a prime number!  Here are the primes as high as I think anyone will need:   (if Dopplebock still posted, I'd need to go higher...)

2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 23
                    29 31 37 41 43 47 53 59 61 67
                    71 73 79 83 89 97 101 103 107 109
                    113 127 131 137 139 149 151 157 163 167
                    173 179 181 191 193 197 199 211 223 227
                    229 233 239 241 251 257 263 269 271 277

I ran 10.3 trail miles today, and I'm currently at 172.1 for the month. So I can run either 0.9,  6.9, or 8.9 miles tomorrow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

It is official, I knocked a full 10 seconds off my time in my 4.68 mile race Saturday from the same race a year ago!  Wahoo!  Monday it was off for 16 and it felt great.  For the first time since last summer I think I am back in something approaching marathon shape. 

Oh Yeah!

You got my attention with Scottville's Riverside park.  In the 70s and 80's that's where we had our annual family reunion. It was a nice park then and has been enlarged and made even nicer.    When I was in early elementary school, about 1952, the park was not developed, just a short dirt trail that went down to the river.  My dad and uncle took me sucker fishing there.  My dad was born and raised on a farm a couple miles south of Riverside park.  Is your wife from the area?  If so, we may have more to talk about.

A number of the Aunts, uncles and cousins are from Muskegon, Saginaw and Jackson. They often book up a nice chunk of the park. It's located so those who can only visit for a day or two don't have a ridiculous drive. When I used to get a week off during the family trip, the park had a trail that wound up in a recreated historic village. An mature oak had a nice hollow spot in a crook and we could see what looked like branches growing inside the tree. There are also screech owls that sound like children crying. A huge weeping willow still looms over the pond next to the river.

As it was getting dark, I'd get kids and any adults who wanted to go, walk the darkening trails,  and tell them about Artemis MacKenzie. He was a wicked man in the original village of Scottville.  He used to scare and torment children something awful. And we'd talk about the witch of Scottville who loved Artemis, but could not bear that he was mean to kids. So she caused an oak tree to swallow him up. In her grief, she went to the pond and cried and cried until her anguish turned her into the weeping willow that still watches over children today. As the night had taken over, I'd shine the flashlight along and up on the hollow oak with the branches in it gaping hole and tell the kids that it was Artemis and you could still see his bones. "It look like he's trying to get out"..We'd talk about how the whole village was so sad that the people left everything just the way it was and moved to where the town of Scottville stands today. "Sometimes at night...If you listen real carefully...you can still hear the children of Scottsville crying"..Often enough, we could hear the screech owls. And at the end of the trail, we'd come out on the abandoned village.....Then I'd send the kids off to their parents....Sadly, the oak tree and the trail are gone...Fear not!! I still have the same brain.

Good bananas don't do that.

Mostly,I've become a weekend runner and my spirit still struggles with it at times. So I lay low. Members her are often in my thoughts...Progress.

SteveP

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Just a reminder that there's one more day in July, and it's a good time to start figuring how you're gonna end the month on a prime number!  Here are the primes as high as I think anyone will need:   (if Dopplebock still posted, I'd need to go higher...)

2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 23
                        29 31 37 41 43 47 53 59 61 67
                        71 73 79 83 89 97 101 103 107 109
                        113 127 131 137 139 149 151 157 163 167
                        173 179 181 191 193 197 199 211 223 227
                        229 233 239 241 251 257 263 269 271 277

I ran 10.3 trail miles today, and I'm currently at 172.1 for the month. So I can run either 0.9,  6.9, or 8.9 miles tomorrow.

Wait a minute... I've been gone so long that the rules for monthly totals have changed to require you to finish off with a prime number?? Sheesh the pressure here... Wink

I've been contemplating getting this gizmo lately, on the recommendations by my coach (she has one and loves it). Anyone ever hear of this or try it? R8 Roller

mrrun

continuing the non-comments, i'll add the latest very serious rugrat pic (7.5 miles this morning - i have no idea of the month total yet)

Mike E

MM #5615

Well...guess who's going to have nightmares all night!  Thanks a lot, Steve!

Well...I wasn't looking for a prime number but I went out to run 6.4 miles and, what do you know...89.  Really?  89 dang miles?  Do I say "dang" a lot?

Okay--gotta go.

SteveP

Well...guess who's going to have nightmares all night!  Thanks a lot, Steve!

After years of therapy, you'll be just fine.

SteveP

Holly S. if your Garmin model works like mine, hold down the mode button until the sport option list appears.  Scroll to the one you want and hit enter.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/