Masters Running

House remodel pictures (Read 376 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Here are a few photos of our current house remodel. We're re-doing the roof of the 3rd story loft. The reason we built this loft was to take advantage of the beautiful view, but we designed the room with steep roofs and a gable dormer. This had two problems: the windows didn't line up well with the views, and we kept hitting our heads on the steep roof beams. We all agreed that in hindsight we should have designed it differently, but DH wanted to redo it and I wanted to leave it alone. I figured hindsight is 20-20 but I didn't really want to rip the roof off the house to do it right. Long story short... DH decided to do it anyway. He's doing most of the work so I said OK. This is a picture of the old window arrangement. We're replacing the old gable dormer with a shed roof. This shows the new posts and beams that we installed yesterday. This shows an exterior view of the house minus part of the roof. And this shows a closeup of the view!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

Just beautiful. We Texans can only drool. Spareribs
      TammyinGP

Love the view and the remodel you are doing!

Tammy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

WOW!!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

WOW!!!!
            that's what I was going to say!
            evanflein

Looks like the weather is cooperating... are you installing any skylights? That would really open up the space, too. Impressive views and project... It's all I can do to get DH to paint a bathroom.
                Boy, you live in a really ugly place. Look at all that pollution and grime! Wink Seriously, though - Stunning, absolutely stunning!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I can see why you'd want to remodel to take advantage of that fantastic view. As long as I'm not the one working, it sure looks good to me. TomS
                    that's what I was going to say!
                    So was I! Abosolutely stunning view! Make sure you show us the finish photos when the job is complete.
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

It's beautiful!!! DH is always saying he wants to take us to Alaska since he lived there for 4 years. I'll have to take him up on that!
                        One of my mantras is "See the beauty." No problem with that! Gorgeous! You are very fortunate to be have a beautiful home, beautiful view and a handyman of a DH.
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        evanflein

It's beautiful!!! DH is always saying he wants to take us to Alaska since he lived there for 4 years. I'll have to take him up on that!
                          Ummm, that'd be cool, but Carolyn is in Colorado!
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ummm, that'd be cool, but Carolyn is in Colorado!
                            Oh, shoot, I guess we'll have to go to Colorado, then!
                            munchkn883

Takes my breath away!
                                Wow! I'm a beach girl, but views like that could really make me love the mountains, too. Cool The blue of the sky is especially beautiful in the third pic! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com