Masters Running

VRAA 7 Signup Open!! (Read 247 times)

Head Procrastinator

http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22726 Come join in the fun Smile
    ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay - I'll play this time. But I think I'm right in between levels of badassary. I'm running 50-55 mpw at the moment. I think that makes my points roughly 200-220. So am I a Super Badass or a Mega Super Badass? When do they post the teams?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Holly, they will post teams after the sign up period has ended. I don't remember the date off hand, but they usually have sign ups for about a week, then it's closed and Billy will organize teams and post them a day or two later. I believe it starts on March 7th, so most likely teams will be posted by this weekend or maybe Monday at the latest. I did respond to your question about being in between two levels over on the VRAA board. I didn't put it in the sign up thread though, because I think they want to keep that to just sign ups w/minimal conversation so it's easier for Billy to wade through it all, so I put it in the information thread. eta: it was the general discussion thread, not the information thread.

Tammy

Head Procrastinator

Holly, you get points for strength training too so don't forget those points. You can also count points for biking with the kids, walking to the market, gym, shooting baskets, playing ball. Last round I left the car home a few times and jogged to the gym to get an extra mile in. Personally I think your a Mega Super Badass. Big grin I ALMOST went for Super BadAss myself and you are way over my level of actiivity.
          ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

Marathon Maniac #957

BTW - here is the link to the VRAA sub-forum, with information, sign-up, and general discussion threads in it. http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, you will kick behind with your cross-training regiment. It's not just running, though that is the main focus on KR of course. In the last VRAA there were a lot of unintended sandbagging due to this. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

VRAA was so much fun, I signed up again. Holly - you'll get a lot of extra points in stretching, core and cross training. Plus the incentive to get your points every day will spur you on to levels of badassery you didn't know were possible. I went to whole Badass level this time since I was just over the Bad Ass In Training last round. It's a great motivation tool and a way to 'meet' other people.
                Have you got a flag?