Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 12.17.13 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Ribs, I also agree that callng your doc about the side-effects from Zetia is the right thing to do. I hope you get another better way to deal with the LDL issue.

Sorry about your tough weather, Sunkid. You just have to persevere and tough it out.

Sounds like you've got a great dentist there, Tet! My mouth is jealous.

Nice TM run in the sweat, Dave. Get that fan out!!

Happy pre-birthday, Tselbes! The cake sounds perfect for you - nice touch.

Holy Toledo, Leslie, not the gloves for the free weights! Oh, the misery!! 

Mike, you've got plenty of time 'till Christmas. Relax.

Glad you grabbed a piece 'o the moon, LaT.

Mariposai, it never ceases to amaze me how active (and giving) a life you have!

IBUB, it's amazing that you could run a half PR (that's a PR in a half marathon, not half of a PR), drive 6.5 hrs, and then run another 14 the next day. Yeah, I'd say you're in decent shape...

No workout for me this morning. I woke at 3:40, fed the cat, and crawled back under the covers for a few minutes. After a few minutes, it was 4:50 - too late to do my workout routine and still get the coffee going and wake up DW by 6:15. So I did a little more snoozing, a little stretching, and got on with the day. It was down to 2F this morning, and we've got more snow coming later today. I wonder what that is going to do to my two evening meetings...

Have a greta Tuesday, regardless of your weather!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

A perfect weather forecast for running motivated me to get out of bed and onto the roads.  7 miles at 8:57 pace.  Felt great today.

I was talking to my Dental Hygienist about Metoprolol (the med I'm on for my SVT) and some of its side effects.  She related that her teenage son has SVT too and was on it for a while.  But he had terrible side effects where it always felt like there were insects crawling on his head.  They switched him off that and that went away.  Yikes.  Glad I don't have that side effect.  (scratching my head)

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Guess I picked a good time to be in NC.  Although that means I missed a chance for an easy MMTD run.

Instead I got a highly unsatisfying one whopping mile on the TM before nature interfered and I ran out of time.  Bleh.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Hi folks.  Back from a cold and snowy weekend NH trip for a nice family holiday visit.  No running in four days--probably a first this year--though I had a good bout of snow removal cross-training after a foot or so fell overnight Saturday into Sunday.

Out for an easy 5-miler this morning in comparatively balmy 30F temps.

Be safe. Be kind.

C-R

Morning everyone.

Everyone needs to sleep in once in a while Jay. Enjoy.

NC sounds good.

Nice running Bill and cross training Tramps.

Got a quick run this morning at 6 (Brrrr) and now off to DC for a couple of days. I just printed out Dances With Dirt 50M application for May. On the fence right now. 50 miles is a long way.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

..mornin' guys.......

=============

32mprnb

no steps,

fried my leg driving all weekend

...................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Went to the gym and did a TM warm-up and some weights.  Then at home I shoveled a couple inches of snow, did some core work, and 2.5 miles on the basement TM.

I read an article that said if you shovel with your palm facing down on the lower hand it is less stress on the body.  I've been a palm up guy my whole life but I tried it the other way today.  The article could be right, but 2 inches of snow isn't much stress anyway so I'll have to wait for a bigger batch before I can make a final determination.

King of PhotoShop

Morning all, and thanks for the kind feedback re the meds.  I swear I have more doctor's office numbers in my phone than I do friends! Today was the urologist to follow-up on high PSA number from my recent physical.  The fun just keeps comin'.

But I did not take that Zetia last night and today I ran 5 miles like I was shot out of a cannon. What a great feeling that was!  Gorgeous weather here too.  Spareribs

50 miles is a long way.

No it's not.  Go for it!!   (Says she who took 12:15 to run a 50-miler in 2012. )

Ribs - That's quick for side effects to go away.  Nice!  I guess I'd still echo other people's thoughts and let your doc know you've gone off the meds.

Dave - When I worked with The Hub this summer and spent hours shoveling a big trailer load of bark chips, I would switch back and forth with how the lower hand was positioned.  It definitely felt easier, but it was awkward and I kept going back to the palm facing up.

Jay - I know!! Misery, misery!!  I also did my warm up while still wearing my big dark blue, bulky, ugly terry cloth robe.  Hey - there's no insulation on that shed, and it was in the low 30s.  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

What a beautiful morning we had here!!  Crisp, clear, and a stunning full moon to light my way for an EZ 5 miles (with no bathroom issues!  Woot woot!).  Okay - I still wore my headlamp, but that's more for drivers to see me than anything else.  Am having to relearn how to dress for cold weather running since last year things were much more mild.  I just about had it spot on today, but am thinking about getting a lightweight balaclava for my neck.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

DW and I were supposed to return home today. Alas, snow has cancelled our flight into Newark. We are booked for 6am tomorrow. DW is not  happy.  But she is starting to make the best of it. Perhaps we will have a good evening and the flight home will be uneventful. I will have to catch up in the next few days after I am home again.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

...Actually ribs//.......(missed the last few posts).....you want to take Zetia in the morning after food, it will work better......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Ribs - TomWhite sounds like he has a good solution.

C-R - go for it!

5.5 miles for me today in 27 degrees.

I am so busy at work right now, trying to catch up for Thanksgiving and trying to get ahead, hoping to take a couple days off work next week.  I will be typing furiously, answering phone calls on my cell and work phone, and then my boss keeps texting me questions, all at the same time, seems like all day long.  Quite a hectic pace.  Whew!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Remember to breath Holly. Don't YOU be getting sick for Christmas!

What great resources we have here for information. Thanks Tom White.

Getting old ain't for sissies, Ribs. Take care of yourself.

Welcome back Tramps.

Hi Breger - great to see you posting again!

Hope all is well with your DW, Norm.

Leslie, I may have to impose a fine for you complaining about your temps.  You too, Sunkid.

5 miles on the Y treadmill this morning. Have I told everyone how much I hate treadmills?  We got about 4 inches of snow overnight and after my nasty fall last year, I'm afraid to run outside when I'm not sure of my footing. Oh well, at least I'm running... Going with the grandboys tonight to see the mall Santa. Got my camera

4 Remi Fartlek miles.  I try to run as fast as he wants when he isn't stopping to sniff, which is pretty darn fast.  No slow warm up.

About 46F, nice.

I drove into work today, which I never do, to go our for a work Christmas brunch.

So when I left, I naturally like a zombie did my usual thing and got on the streetcar to take mass transit home.

Luckily I only went one stop before I realized my car was parked over a mile back up the street.  It would have really sucked if I hadn't remembered until I got to the park n ride and couldn't find my car.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

That's funny, Enke!  Glad you remembered where your car was!

I did a full moon run with the Colorado Masters Running Association tonight.  It's a fun group, and I can actually keep up with most of them.  It was a balmy evening, probably mid 50's, and warm enough that after the run we stood around in the parking lot and shared cookies, hot chocolate, and  beer.   The moon was so bright that we mostly left our headlamps turned off.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.