Masters Running

Masters best results 2008 (Read 808 times)

jules2

I'm no techy but could we set a string up showing the best times in standard races such as 10k, HM, Marathon for each sex, from 40 onwards in say 5 year brackets ( your age being your age on the date of the race ) for 2008 ? Then we could have a virtual award ceremony at the end of the year. Anyone think its a good / bad idea? What distances should we include? Anyone any ideas on the best way to set it up ?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

don't forget about us large size boomers, many of our local races have clydedale division for us naturaly short for our weight runners. Classes are divided up 185-199,200-219,220 above
      Tramps

Perhaps the Intrepid Racers thread is a model? Just have people post times a standardized format and maintain an ever-changing list of the "Top 10" (or whatever) in each category? Alas, I won't make any top 10 race lists unless there's a category for "top 10 races run in virginia by people whose handle begins with 'T' and ends in 's''" Even then, I bet I get some tough competition. Wink

Be safe. Be kind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks jules, . . . and for tramps' idea too as ilene's Intrepid already provides the necessary date/name/race name and location info and then she hot links to race reports for everyone's times too. In fact, limiting the listings to boomer rr's might get us rr devotees more to read too. Not that hoping to do our area 28.8 and 34 milers again this year has anything to do with it, but maybe any oddball boomer race distance could qualify. However, probably not enough rr's for a while to warrant anything but overall sex categories. thanks again.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

bap

Maybe we could keep a record of new PRs (I'm not volunteering). My running club website has that feature.

Certified Running Coach
            Crocked since 2013

thanks jules, . . . ... probably not enough rr's for a while to warrant anything but overall sex categories.
              I think its a great idea, but should keep this to running... Ray

#artbydmcbride

I think its a great idea, but should keep this to running... Ray
                Darn, it was really sounding exciting! Big grin I think this is a great idea. So we could set it up up like a sticky thread 5K .. best time in 2008 .. runner M40 - 44 .. 18:00 ..... jjchaney M45 - 49 .. 19:00 ..... Dark Horse M50 - 54 .. 21:02 ..... breger1 M55 - 59 .. 23:03 ..... rochrunner M60 - 64 .. 19:41 ..... Jim24315 M65 - 69 .. 25:08 ..... Tetsujin M70 - 74 .. 28:02 ..... henrun F40 - 44 .. 20:00 ...... Holly S. F45 - 49 .. 22:00 ...... Econo F50 - 54 .. 25:02 ...... predawnrunner F55 - 59 .. 28:03 ...... maryt F60 - 64 .. 31:08 ...... Marj F65 - 69 .. 32:08 ...... - F70 - 74 .. 35:02 ...... -

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Ilene - I wish! But I'll NEVER see a 20:00 5K. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Oh I think NEVER is an exaggeration! Smile So do folks want to play this? We can make a sticky of all the best race times at each distance and in each masters division for 2008 and update it as races get completed. The 40 to 44 and 45 to 49 divisions will see the most competition, but we may pull in some lurkers to tell us their race times this way too. Smile We could even have them 3 deep in each division like at a real race. Fabulous prizes and awards at the end probably won't be forthcoming, just the recognition and undying admiration of your peers. Big grin

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

So do folks want to play this?
                      yes, of course, I always wanted to say "I do" to you ilenalena. Thanks very much for that nice 5K time, . . . uhmm, do you think you give me a1:59:59 for the half?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Ilene - I'd be willing to give it a shot. That's assuming there are only 4 or 5 women over 55 posting race results so I'll always be in the top five! There's a local 15K next weekend that starts and ends at a candy store. Every runner gets a shirt and chocolate bar. If the weather cooperates (I live in Wisconsin, one never knows...), this will be my first race to post.

#artbydmcbride

Sounds perfect JLynne, and 15ks are rare, as are competitive 55+ females. Smile Tetsujin, I know you will have many of the distances in your division sewed up too. Big grin

Runners run

munchkn883

How about a list for those of us who take forever!! Shocked
                              Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                                I like the idea, but keep it simple...and please don't tell Raider or Fredurie about this Yes (but maybe they are no threat since they never race - I have a 19:41 so far this year, so please get rid of that 20:08 Roll eyes )
                                Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33