Masters Running

9th April, Boomer runs, The sun is on its way. (Read 582 times)

jules2

Don't normally run in the morning as I feel I'm fully warmed up in the evening. Anyway a meeting today so had no choice, up at 6:30 4.25 medium miles at 8:00 pace round the "pits". It was white all over with a blue sky and the sun just coming up but all the signs of Spring around me, maybe I should try running in the morning more often. Anyway hope everybody has an injury free run today. After over a month of virtually no running due to injury I now have a month to knock myself into shape for my next half where I was hoping to get a PB.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

evanflein

Wow, Jules... can't resist the option to post second here on the Wednesday daily!! I'll be going to bed here soon, to wake early and get my run in on the hotel treadmill (yes, I set a morning wake up call!!!). Didn't run Tuesday, but it still felt like a very kong day, Thursday could be interesting getting home cuz I hear American Airlines is canceling flights willy-nilly! Oh well, all I have to do is get to Denver and Alaska Airlines will get me home! Details later.......... Happy Humpday, everyone!!!!!!!
        Greetings from Easton, PA, Early morning TTR (tempo torture run). I ran 10 miles in 1:19:51 with 3x 15 minutes hard pace with 2 minute rest intervals (and wu and cd). I didn’t feel so great during the first speed-up, but it got smoother for the next two. I ran the whole deal a bit faster than probably needed due to the darkness and unfamiliar roads. Not another runner or human in sight. A few pairs of glowing eyes in the distance from time to time, but all low to the ground and scampering away from me. 36F and clear. Home tonight…..and more time to read RA. Have to get my priorities in order! I did see that hopeful4ever signed up for her first marathon! Awesome!! CNYrunner
          A bunch of really early posts today, with people traveling to other parts ... 7 easy, near-recovery miles at 9:45 min/mile pace. Average HR 129. Just logging a few and saving the energy for tomorrow's mini-TTR. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning! Great way to start us off today Jules!! Thank you so much everyone for all your support in my first ever Marathon journey. I called my mom last night to tell her and her words were "are you nuts?". Smile I told her that yes, I think I am. Very restless night as severe storms blew through and left behind a nasty wind out of the West. Gusts up to 30-40 mph. Luckily I faced these winds during the first half of my run, and Brinkley was able to help me cut through the gusts. 4 miles - 39 minutes. 9:41 / 148 AHR 9:44 / 157 AHR 9:44 / 162 AHR 9:50 / 165 AHR Had a bit of an out-of-body experience as I saw a runner appear ahead of me. Dog at her(?) side and red flashing light on her arm - just like me. <insert>> Cheers~ Mary </insert>

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Prince of Fatness

Greetings from Easton, PA
              My stomping grounds ... I'm just over the river in NJ. You must have been early if you didn't see many people. Most of who you would have seen would be commuters heading east towards the city.

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Jules – thanks for starting us out today. Erika – heard the news and double-checked my Boston flights – luckily all United. CNYrunner – setting the bar for tough higher…Smile Hopeful – I get that reaction all the time. 63 breezy degrees this morning for my run – woo hoo! 6.2 easy-paced miles today, which made 537 miles on this pair of shoes….I guess it’s probably time to retire them. Happy Wednesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good morning Boomers. Cross training day here. 40 minutes on the eliptical, 5 miles followed by leg work and some crunchies. Evanflein - good luck getting home today. I heard on the radio that American is, indeed, cancelling a lot of flights. The fAA doesn't like the wiring on their planes. Jules - I woke up to white this morning as well. Unfortunately, it was snow! We got a couple of inches last night, supposedly more to follow tomorrow. When will it end - it's April, for God's sake! Nice run, Bill and Mary - your times are coming down nicely. You go, girl! CNY Runner - those were some tough intervals you did this morning. I wish I had your energy. Must be nice running in 63 degree weather, Holly. I think it's time to convert those shoes to yard work before you get yourself injured. You deserve a new pair after all of your hard training! Good Wednesday runs, everyone. Jeanne
                    Rest day today so no running. Left achilles very tight so will stretch it. Crazy work day ahead and the final basketball practice. My girls team that I coach incliding my own Tori won the Championship last week by playing stellar defense 18-6 vs a much taller and bigger team. I was so proud. Tonight we have the parents vs the girls annual basketball game. So much fun. Take care everyone and safe running. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Good morning, all! Jules and Erika are early birds this morning - thanks for the kickoff! Mary - that sounds just like my Mom's reaction to my decision to run a marathon. She wasn't happy with me running 3 to 4 miles a day, so she thinks the 15 to 20 mile training runs are crazy. But she does see how happy running makes me now, so she isn't so critical. Holly - 63 degrees sounds heavenly! btb - hope the surgery is minor and solves your problem! {{{{{{{{Tom's hip}}}}}}}} No run for me this morning as is it puppy daycare day and we got to sleep in. Jesse got a new crate yesterday and graduated to sleeping in the bedroom with Mom and Dad. She was so surprised last night when I didn't take her down to her old crate in the basement at bedtime. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

evanflein

5.43 miles on the hotel treadmill this morning... gotta hop in the shower and get ready for another day of meetings. Don't go home till tomorrow morning, so maybe the flight stuff will be settled by then, but I'm not counting on it. (Holly, no worries for Boston this is a next few days sort of thing... at least this time.)
                          Mary- congrats on registering for your marathon! Too bad you told everybody here now you will be held accountable for your training. Tongue Tall- Don't let any of those girls post you up in your basketball game.

GreenMan

Another run au naturale technically speaking. 4 miles in recovery mode as per Byll's admonition to run with your mouth closed. I didn't think I could do it, but lo and behold it wasn't that hard. The pace felt just barely if any slower than 12:00. I suspect the HR exceeded 75%. I took the customary stretch break at 2 miles, and felt even better the second half. The one 600m hill didn't seem a noticable stress. The run certainly felt better than being chased by hunters with spears. JJJ
                            Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                            Dave59

Today is a rest and travel day. I'll work until about 11 and then head on home. So far I haven't heard anything about Northwest canceling flights. Having done 2 painful and slow marathons I have to agree with the people who say it is nuts to do them. Roll eyes Wink

"4 miles in recovery mode as per Byll's admonition to run with your mouth closed. I didn't think I could do it, but lo and behold it wasn't that hard. The pace felt just barely if any slower than 12:00. I suspect the HR exceeded 75%. I took the customary stretch break at 2 miles, and felt even better the second half."
                                You took me a bit too literally, JJJessee. It's not necessary to keep your mouth closed. But you should feel like you could breath through your nose though. No need to force the nose breathing. If you're running recovery, you'll do it occasionally, just naturally. Really, your description is the perfect description of a recovery pace. Especially where you felt better the second half. But I doubt that your HR exceeded 75%. You sound much too relaxed for exceeding 75%. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong