Masters Running

Monday Runs - Or Sleeping In??? (Read 562 times)

Where the he## is everyone this morning? Have you all been abducted by aliens??? No witty comments about brussel sprouts? No posts about the Redskins big upset yesterday? Come on, people - wake up! Cross training day for me today. 45 minutes on the eliptical trainer with leg and ab work. Have a good day everyone. Jeanne
      7 early morning miles for me today after 6 yesterday. A quick post as my 5K kids are starting to file in.
      Dave59

4 easy miles this morning made brighter from having run a few blocks with 3 lovely, sproinky, young ladies. We met up around the 2 mile mark. And then we diverged a few blacks later. Buffalo Bills are 4-0!

dg.

good morning 45 min. of prehab & a walk/run mix with Sadie. more or less a mile each, since this is a non-running day. I overslept, after an couple of hours awake during the night. that's so inefficient!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Dark Horse, I am going to apologize for some of my comments to you that were immature on my part. But please understand, I hate the fact that we have already lost some well respected runners and awesome individuals here at RA. While I didn't really take offense to your original post, the insensitive way you treated Karin was wrong. So, I will drop the issue and hope everyone else will too. And I hope the one’s who have left will reconsider, and come back to the best running forum on the Net….but I know one or two that will not….very sad and unfair given the circumstances. Again I want to say GREAT job Mary on your awesome 22 miler. And Steve, WOW. 20 miles after what you have been going through injury wise. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

No posts about the Redskins big upset yesterday? Jeanne
              I was just about over that. Nearly had it put out of my mind....and first thing, on a Monday morning no less....BAM, you gotta through it up right in my face. Thanks alot, Jlynne! Wink Big grin Big grin Thanks for starting it off this morning...I see a few folks have already got their day going.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks for waking us up Jeanne!! Scheduled rest day for me as the taper begins! Thanks to everyone that commented on my long 22 mile run - especially Tim for suggesting that I do it for a little confidence boost. It sure did the trick, because I know that even if I have to hobble that last 4 miles, I can make it!! As for the "S" caps Holly - I still used beans for some extra energy. I could have used more though, as I ended up sharing them with my running partner. We both were sold on the "s" caps though and I bought them on line: http://www.succeedscaps.com/main_scaps.html Today is my wedding anniversary - 24 years! When having lunch with my running partner I realized that I've been married one less year than she's been alive. oye! Guess I schould be happy that I can keep up with her - most of the time anyway. Wink Happy Monday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Happy Anniversary Mary Smile Smile Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Happy anniversary Mary - enjoy your day, and especially TAPER TIME! Will there be flowers, wine and dinner later this evening? Smile

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Happy anniversary Mary - enjoy your day, and especially TAPER TIME! Will there be flowers, wine and dinner later this evening? Smile
                      I'll have to let you know later! Wink Thank you and thank you too Tim!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Walt is quite the Renaissance man; carpentry and cooking. Impressive! Mary—happy anniversary 10K this warm and humid morning @ 8:33.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Mary – thanks – I have bookmarked that site. I know there have been some discussions about these in the past, but I wasn't listening closely, and I think I’d like to try some. Happy Anniversary! 5.2 easy-paced miles for me today. Mondays are normally rest/x-train days, but with my overeating this weekend I decided to run instead. About halfway into it, feeling my still-achy pelvis/hip, I decided it might not be such a great idea to add a 6th running day at this point in my recovery just to try to burn extra calories, I probably will take tomorrow off. And try to eat less. Last night my 6-year-old DD beat me at chess. I wonder, does that say more about her or me? Confused Of course, it’s quite possible she cheated. We had the game set up at the kitchen table while I washed dishes and packed lunches, walking over to make my move when she said it was my turn. I wasn't paying close attention, and she might very well have been moving the pieces around when I wasn’t looking. That wouldn’t exactly be, well, out of character for her...... Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dark Horse, I am going to apologize for some of my comments to you that were immature on my part.
                            Thank you. And I apologize for responding in kind. I continue to be astonished that my original post was misinterpreted by anyone. Dark Horse
                            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                              Rest day for me. Mary - happy anniversary, and congratulations on the 22 miler -- that's quite an achievement Jeanne - I did watch the Redskins victory and quite enjoyed it (sorry evryday Smile ) Holly - cheating at chess -- oh my!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

4 ezpz miles at an 8:08 pace... Happy Anniversary Mary!!!
                                Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip