Masters Running

Friday January 16 Creaky Runs (Read 31 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

My knee is still creaky, some days better, some days worse, and today it seemed a little worse, so I ran slow(er than usual) and short.  I am supposed to do my LR tomorrow with two local ladies that are both much faster than me, and I am thinking I should tell them to go on without me and let me do my LR slow and creaky and with walk breaks.  On the other hand, I would get a much better workout if I try to keep up with their politely slow pace because I think the walk breaks I am taking are more a question of lack of mental stamina and I need to HTFU.  We shall see.

5 miles for me this morning in 26 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Don't fight creaky, Holly.

Well, mine wasn't exactly creaky, but it was slower than expected.  3.9 miles this morning for the first run of the winter on actual snow.  there was less than an inch from overnight.  It felt like I was moving along at a good clip, but ended up with just over 10m/m.  Oh well, it was a bunch warmer at 24F.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Good Morning, indeed!  Ain't Fridays grand?

Speaking of ain't, a clue in my crossword yesterday was "Ain't spelled out?"

I had   'am not'   for the longest time, but it turned out to be IS not.

So if you're a day or so behind on your crosswords, Ribs, there you go.

Today's is hard.  Friday's always is.  I guess we're supposed to be in peak form after all the week's efforts.

Ah, yes, running, ...also somewhat hard, but like crosswords, fun.

Me too, on the creaky slow side.  6 more miles, progressing....meaning still not 100% but it's running.

Hey Leslie, glowing review of the new Reese Witherspoon movie.  I just saw an interview with her; she went to a private high school  school that must be very near the Flying Monkey marathon area.    If I do that August marathon there, I will check it out, or try to.

HAppy Weekends.  hope Mrs. Mike gets over the strep asap.  It's pretty miserable.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Dave59

Should have been a gym day but I wasn't in the mood.  After a few hours of work I went out for a rambling 3.65 miles. Paired up my HRM with my newish Garmin 910 for something different to do.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It will definitely be a creaky run for me, today...if I run.  I woke up feeling like crap again...and have been going downhill all day.  I'm scheduled for an easy 8...I should be able to suffer through 8...we'll see.

So...my daughter (Larva) emailed me...she signed up for the Green Bay Half, too!  And the really good news is--she wants me to put a running schedule together for her.  She wants to get under 2 hours.  I can't wait to get home and get started.  Now, I just have to get my other daughter to sign up.

Okay--lunch is over--gotta go.  See ya!

I got nothin' to report today. Up since 3:30 and worked a double shift since we were short of staff. Everyone has the crud. My first move when I got there this morning was to take the disinfectant spray and wipe down the phones, computer keyboards, mice (not the kind with 4 legs) and countertops.

I just wanted to pop in to say how excited I am that Mike and Ryan (and maybe a few more family) will be running the Cellcom this May. How cool is that?! And I also want to invite all of you to our annual pasta party. Not sure where I'll be living yet but I'll let you know  And sorry about the strep diagnosis. Hope she's doing better today.

Holly - I know what you mean. There's a group doing a training run tomorrow morning that run between an 8:30-9:00 pace and, since the schedule only calls for 4 or 5 miles, I'm tempted to join them. But I don't want to hold anyone back and I'm certain I can't hold that pace that long, so I'll probably go out alone.

Amos - was that "Wild" you went to see? Read the book if you haven't already done so. I can't believe Strayed did that hike all alone.

Got a text from DS#1 a few minutes ago. Little Nicholas is really sick and has to go home from daycare. Can I watch him this afternoon? I didn't get a flu shot this year. Wish me luck...

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hey Jeanne--since Ribs wouldn't put together a sub-2 hour training plan for you (that I wanted to steal), maybe we could both steal Mike's?

And do they allow Minnesotans into Lambeau?  Just wondering.  Maybe just out of sympathy?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Kewl Mike!

Cellcom...currently my travel plans are to buzz up on Saturday morning but I could change that. I have a room at the Best Western which is right across from stadium and where the Elites stay. It was pretty cool having breakfast with them last time I was there.

Mike, I'm sitting on two King size rooms. I will only being using one since my Sister in Law had to cancel already. (always check the calendar before signing up) Let me know if you need it. I'll hang onto for a little bit before I cancel.

Busy busy busy at work...just lacking the gumption or to put it in Aamos terms...I is not got the gumption.

My poor wife.....and she has never taken a sick day.  When she had our two boys, she gave birth on a Friday and was back to work the following Monday.  Tomorrow, she's taking a sick day.

That is one tough lady!  Strep - Bleck!  I've never had it (thankfully!), but know lots of people who have.  Painful, but on the bright side, a great weight loss program since you can't swallow anything.

Holly - Hope the creak gets betters.

Aamos - I agree - if you haven't read the book, read it.  And I was glad I read it before I saw the movie as it gave me a bit more insight as to why she did what she did.  Watching the movie and reading the book have both given me the desire to try backpacking at least once before I die.

I am also a big Reese Witherspoon fan.  If you've never seen it, find "The Man the Moon."  It was her first movie, and she was 14 yo.  One of my all-time favorites that I have watched over and over.  The Hub even liked it.  It's a really wonderful coming-of-age movie.  The cast includes Sam Waterston and Tess Harper.

I had myself scheduled for some core/ST this morning, but a late night at Bonkos put the kibosh on that idea.  I got up around 3:30 and fed the cats, promptly fell back to sleep, turned off the 5:30 alarm, then crashed again until about 6:30.  The extra sleep felt so good.

14 miles on tap for tomorrow, and I'm supposed to try to hit or come under the 20-min mark on the 2-mile descent out of Headwaters.  We'll see . . .

Have a great weekend ~~

PS - Tammy - Is Grants Pass involved in the multi-dog pull out of SoCal that Pandas Paws Rescue is spear-heading?

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

Have a great weekend ~~

PS - Tammy - Is Grants Pass involved in the multi-dog pull out of SoCal that Pandas Paws Rescue is spear-heading?

My eyes hurt, and my head hurts from a week of programming, but then I thought I saw something about Tammy and grass pants and I perked up.  Alas, it wasn't what I thought.  No pictures anyway so I guess it doesn't make any difference.

My right knee is perennially creaky: ostoearthritis, some patellar tendonitis, susceptiblity to ITBS, and add a Baker's cyst that comes and goes.

I did 5 easy on residential roads and icy/muddy trail. About 50 degrees and the sun popped out for a bit. The kind of stuff I was looking forward to by moving back here. January in Colorado is about like April in Alaska.

5 mile race tomorrow.

TammyinGP

Leslie, no we aren't. Was just talking to Amanda the other day about a few dogs we transferred up to her awhile back though. She is pretty flippin' amazing with all she manages to do.

sorry to disappoint Dave. 

Tammy

coastwalker

'Afternoon, everyone!

Be mindful of that knee tomorrow, Holly, just in case that is what it is. ATrackrat, be careful of your knee too!

Stumpy, where'd that snow come from??? I did a little shoveling cross-training this morning.

Isn't that the strangest thing, Aamos?

Have fun creating the training plan, Mike. Sounds like you might have a few other takers for it.

Watch out for the crud and the flu, Jlynne!

I'm also disappointed there are no grass pants.

I am so glad this insanely busy week is just about over! DW left early for a 90-minute massage (part of her B-Day present from her DH). My job is to get home, crank up the wood stove, get the wine open and start making the salad to go with tonight's chili. Like many of you, I have a long workout planned for tomorrow. The temp is supposed to be around 4 and the WC around -10, so it'll be interesting to see how far I get.

Have a greta Friday evening!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mariposai

Be careful with that knee Holly.

I did finally get my fluffy snow overnight, so I went out for a fun 5 slow miles. Then I got home and shoveled the snow from the driveway to surprise my DH. He was happy with the surprise.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I'm also disappointed there are no grass pants.

You men!

Tammy - Yes, she is amazing.  She's young!  She has the energy . . . for now.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance