Masters Running

Thursday, Nov. 13 Runs and Rests (Read 563 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I'm starting the thread especially for those that are part of the zero mile club. That was me again today - zero miles. Guess I've lost a little of my mojo and I'm looking to get it back ... so if anyone sees it will you please send it to me? Undecided Happy Thursday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning gang… Hi Mary...I see I am in good company "non" running....but sending mojo your way now Smile First two posts on a running forum....are posts of "non" runs Roll eyes Well, I have a new found enthusiasm on this “non” running thing. Was tired last night so I needed a break from non running, but the opposite of non running would be running Confused. So last night I non ran to taper for my next non run…..geez, this is kinda complicated. Hope Teresa finally got all packed up for her trip. Really enjoyed the stories yesterday about the kiddoe’s….took me back to the day when I was really concerned and freaked out about the same issues mentioned. Tet, I can and will make it to 30 days....and that is "without" the help of you meet'n up with the Tampster, and now Erika...much harder doing it my way buddie...I don't need a crutch, ha Tongue ....well, I guess I do have a crutch being injuried OK Tramps, now you can start looking at the weather forecast for your race Smile Hope the very best for ya, and will be paying close attention to your results. Hey Twocat, how ya holding up buddie...am I still one up on you? This was a pretty cool post yesterday from nonoruns...Got out this afternoon for a 7 miler. Plan was a nice and easy run, trying to keep a 9:30 pace. Got it done in 1:06:32, which averages out to a 9:31 pace, so I think I did ok there. I felt like I was running alongside a pastel coming back – the ocean a hazy purple, with a pale pink sky on the horizon that blended into a blue gray cloudy sky. Such subtle colors, yet so breathtaking. Then as we were did our U turn at the end of the run, what a surprise! The moon had snuck out behind us while we were running the back 3.5 miles. It was a good run Hope everyone is doing well, whether running or recovering…and everything in between. Tim taperin' - so easy a caveman could do it....and Timmy too Cool

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Hill Runner

Good morning Mary & Tim, I'll think join the no-run club this week Sad ...I've been waking up with congestion every morning and my right Quad has been a little sore so I decided to just bag running this week and try to start back up on Sunday again. It's frustrating but a little rest may be exactly what I need right now before starting my goal training toward Boston in April. Good runs to everyone today

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
        Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
        Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

I guess I'll be the 1st real runner to post this morning Roll eyes 5 miles on treadmill today because it's raining & there's lots of wet leaves along the road edge. So some might say I wasn't a real runner today either. Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Tramps

Rest day for me. Does that mean I join the non-run club? I made it a point this morning to watch the weather on the Richmond station that is a marathon sponsor. The weather guy said runners should expect it to be “warm, wet, and windy.” Warm 59F at the start. Heavier rain first, tapering off as the race progresses. 17 mph wind. Shocked Ironically, it should be clearing by the time the race ends with temps dropping all day long! IRC by late afternoon. Grrrrr. Angry Anybody notice how Aamos, Carolyn, Leslie, and even Tapering Tim were picking on me yesterday? Umbrella hats and wiper glasses. Sheesh! And I’m not even sure if Tet was serious or not. Roll eyes

Be safe. Be kind.

It's somehow comforting to see Tramps suffering from taper madness. Don't know why. It'll be fine and of course it'll be what it'll be. Maybe the wind will be at your back. I might have picked on you a little bit yesterday, too -- sorry about that. Smile I shifted around my running week because I was planning to travel this weekend (for fun), but circumstances have caused us to cancel the travel plans. So I ran my third (relatively) hard day in a row today, and am happy I can go back to tomorrow being a recovery day. 5.1 miles, 43:48, 8:38/mi, AHR 141

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Tramps

It's somehow comforting to see Tramps suffering from taper madness.
                Et tu, Brewte?

Be safe. Be kind.

7.5 miles this morning, 9:41 pace in absolutely balmy weather for this time of the year. It was 45F when I took off at 6:00 AM. I wish it could stay like this until spring. Like Sarge said, lots of wet, slippery leaves to look out for this morning, along with little nasty dogs. I see this woman running every morning with a small ankle biter (I'm sorry, I really do like dogs, just not this one). I usually cross the street when I see her coming, but didn't this morning, and that damn dog went right for my leg. She pulled on it's leash but just kept on going. Healing wishes to all our injured runners this morning, and those in taper madness. Tramps, I think one of those umbrella hats would be perfect for you, and it sounds like you may need it! I'm thinking hot pink with pictures of flip flops and other beach attire on it. Big grin We're leaving today for DS' graduation from boot camp tomorrow morning. My ex and his third (yes, third) wife will be there so I hope everything goes well. Have a great day, everyone.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Mary – it’s totally normal for diminishing running mojo at this time of year. I find it hard as the weather gets colder to spend all that time adding layers and bracing myself to head out into the dark and cold. I just keep reminding myself how good I will feel at the end of the run for having overcome my feelings and gotten out there. Here’s a little of my mojo to tide you over, and a {{{hug}}}. Tetsujin - Big grin Jlynne – I hope you post a graduation picture! 8 miles for me today in 50 breezy degrees as we enjoy one more day before the cold returns, including 8 x ½-mile intervals with 2-minute recovery. The wind was tough at times, and my paces were kind of all over the place: 4:15 (8:30) 4:05 (8:10) 4:14 (8:28) 4:11 (8:22) 4:11 (8:22) 4:17 (8:34) 4:12 (8:24) 4:10 (8:20) This was a tough workout, and I doubt that I could have done another interval. It’s hard for me to believe that only last year I was running the occasional 7: xx mile, even stringing 3 of them together for 5Ks. Bizarrely, I got a Facebook "friend request" yesterday from my best friend from age 10-18. I haven't spoken to her in years, and communicated very rarely with her over the years since childhood, as we both moved away and grew apart and into very different people. At any rate, guess where she lives now? Seattle!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

5.2 miles this morning in 58:01, just before I finish packing! I picked that distance because now I have 4.3 miles to go to get to 30 miles for the week, and I found a 4.3-mile loop around Hyde Park in London I'm hoping to do this weekend. I'll be thinking about you guys - how will I catch up on all the posts?? I will try to get online occasionally on my dad's laptop. Thanks for all your well wishes and support!

Marathon Maniac #957

Teresa - have a safe trip and a great time!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Teresa - have a wonderful, safe adventure! Will you be going "on safari?" It will be exciting to hear all about your trip. Be sure to take lots of pictures and maybe send us a postcard? Big grin
                          evanflein

Have a great trip Teresa! Take lots of pictures for us! Hoping Mary finds her mojo... Hey! You can have some of mine, ok? I want to run so badly you can't even imagine... and since I can't I'll pack it up and send it your way. Enjoy. Another non-run in a string of many. Felt a little tired this morning so lazed around a bit then dragged my butt to the fitness room downstairs. 30 minutes on the elliptical and another workout with the free weights. The upside to this running hiatus is a return to the weights I've been neglecting when my mileage is up. There's only so much time (or mojo) for just so much working out, so it gets squeezed out when I'm running a lot. Just one more company to meet with today--a retirement plan vendor this time--and then we head home this afternoon. Seems like I've been gone a long time...

Marathon Maniac #3309

That's a lot of mojo heading your way Mary Smile Erika, I told Mary yesterday she could have 1/2 of my mojo, and I would still have plenty for myself....yeah, I want to run really bad too Angry Just don't tell tet Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Have a safe trip Teresa!! JLynne - Have fun with your son. I can't believe he is graduating already - seems like you were just shipping him off not long ago. I can' wait to see your pictures! Thanks for the mojo Holly, Erika and Tim! I am going to abosrb every drop I can! Smile Guess who got to come to work with me today ..... B'Nellie!! Tramps - My Dh has one of those umbrella hats - I'd be happy to send it to you!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com