Masters Running

Uneventful Sunday daily (Read 43 times)

Mariposai

Good morning folks. No running here. I will run at noon when the sun is out, but it is time to get the party started.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

Good morning Mariposai.  Lots of marathon today around the country: Phoenix, Louisiana and of course near me is Houston. Tons of friends down in Houston today. Good luck to all marathoners and other racers wherever you are.

6 slow at the Lake today but feeling much better. I think tomorrow I'm good to go.  Spareribs

Glad to hear you are feeling better Ribs.

18.2 miles for me at 8:23 pace and in the company of four of my teammates. One of my masters teammates is running the Phoenix Rock-n-Roll marathon right now---she is speeding up too and if she hits her projected finish time according to the live tracking, she'll have an eight minute PR. She was excited to escape the snow for a bit and run a marathon near where she acquired her PhD. Snowy and icy here after yesterday's pop-up storm dropped about five inches of the fluffy stuff. My stabilizer muscles will be so powerful after all this winter running!

Good Sunday to all.

coastwalker

It's never too early to get the party started, Mariposai!

Welcome back to good health, Ribs!

18.2 miles in the snow at an 8:23 pace, CNY? THAT's impressive!!

We also got snow yesterday and last night - about 3-4" of heavy, wet snow. It looks gorgeous on all the trees, but isn't so easy to move around. I've had a snowblower for years (we have a long driveway, and when our office was in a converted garage behind the house, I had to keep the whole driveway clear for employees and deliveries), and am glad to have it. I did some snowblowing and shoveling last night, and have some more to do today. We had racewalking training scheduled for this morning, and I got 3 miles done on the indoor track before everyone else started showing up. Then I had to put on my 'coaching' hat, so my workout was done.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Nice long run yesterday Mariposai. So its ok to run later.

Good to hear you're feeling better ribs.

That is some great running CNY. Nice.

3 is better than 9 Jay.

That's some determination to not hit an airplane or airport potty Tet. Funny stuff.

We got a nice 3+ inches yesterday so I got more shoveling. Not good for racing though. Got 10k very slow for recovery. One achilles is acting a bit dodgy so I better pay attention. Been down this road before. Both good and bad.

Have a great Sunday. Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

good afternoon to all.

Nice 18 for you, Karin.  Lot of effort in the snow.

Jay--we had our company Christmas party at the Wentworth CC last night.  For some reason, the road in was VERY familiar.  This is the first year of the 10 that I've been there that it hasn't been at one of the owner's homes, but it's a side effect of being successful--too many folks to fit.  I'm wearing our present right now--a very nice soft and fuzzy Bean fleece.

I made it out for 6.25 miles this morning in a bit of left over snowfall.  Combination of just wet pavement and snowy sidewalks.  I brought my Yaktracs with me, but didn't need them.  Nice run all in all.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Ran 3 miles X 4 - not sure where robin ran today, but the bikepath was slippery when i started out, so I made up a 3 mile loop and ran it four times. There were enough snowy sections to work on my stabilizer muscles (as Karin so nicely put it).

All in all - a fabulous day for a run!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

5 miles on the mountain.  Dense fog, 39F, lots of other runners and dogs.

Tomorrow I want to do a long run (I have the day off), would have done it today, but have a workman coming to the house soon, and didn't get up early enough.

Go Hawks!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

NHLA

12 miles 1 hr 41 min   Davis Mt. 1143' climb.  nice today but cold tom.

cny  nice miles

Mariposai

3 miles up Kermel. For a 55 mile week!

Go Hawwwkkkkksssss!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Glad you're feeling better, Ribs

5 miles on the mountain.  Dense fog, 39F, lots of other runners and dogs.

Best kind of run

I don't know how much snow we got last night, however, I cleared 1/2 of the driveway before Church. When we got back, you could not tell it had been done at all. After a quick costume change, I used the Map My Run app on the phone. I packed it in after two hours. I ran out of steam. I left just under 1/4 of the drive and logged 2.26 miles. Spring is getting closer.

SteveP

..Easy does it Ribbs........

you know

how you get.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

3 miles up Kermel. For a 55 mile week!

Go Hawwwkkkkksssss!!!!!!!!!!

Our beloved hometown sportscaster in those days, Steve Agbaba, used to say, “support your local athletics,” so even though I’m not much into football, with my DD’s airline employee best friend giving her a pass to fly down here together to go to today’s NFL playoff game against San Francisco (and pre-game brunch with papo, . . . that would be me), I think I love football.  Go Hawwwkkkkksssss!!!!!!!!!!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

18.2 miles in the snow at an 8:23 pace, CNY? THAT's impressive!!

I agree!

Very tense basketball game for DD this afternoon.  We ended up losing by 2 points, but what a game!  I may have aged several years just watching it....

17 very slow miles, with too many walk breaks, for me this morning in 24 degrees.  I feel like such a slug....ah well, still very grateful to be out there at all...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Greetings!  I hope anyone at Phoenix and Houston had a good race.

Regular weekend up north; DS had ski  training both days and has a race tomorrow.  I had to come back down to Manchester to work tomorrow so unfortunately, I will miss it.

Yesterday I skiied the morning, had lunch with DH then did about a 6. 5 mile hike in the afternoon. Started from Pinkham Notch, hiked pretty fast up to Hermit Lake ( great views of the ravines and the whole cirque of rocks up there), then backtracked  and did a loop across Raymond Path and back eventually to the start. I did ok in microspikes mostly, but there was quite a bit of snow in places in the traverse section.

Today I skiied again the morning, pretty icy despite a little new snow. This afternoon , I ran about 10-11 miles on the Presidential rail trail out of Gorham, NH.   Footing was iffy and pace slow, but yak traks worked pretty well, and it was a fun run. A few inches of fluffy snow over some pretty slick stuff. One snowmobiler, who was friendly.

Rib issue still there but I think it is getting less painful. We shall see what the xray shows...

Monday soon-- good luck!