Masters Running

Tuesday, 3.8.16 (Read 43 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I hope Marj's tooth and Holly's hip are better today.

5.2 RW miles at a pace I had no business being at, but I got a late start this morning and still had to be back at the regular time and be on, if not a bit ahead of my regular schedule because, of course, I have an early meeting this morning. So my legs are fatigued, but not in a bad way, and it was a good workout.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Ran 7 plus miles with a beautiful sunrise.  The only reason my crown was gratis was I already had paid for it 2 years ago - the cement didn't hold

aside: you would think that as people get older they get wiser, but no, the wisdom of Jay and Ribs has passed me by and instead I listen to the foolishness of the older posters of tet and henrun.   yes, I am running boston in 41 days (ACKKK!!!) I got one of the 8 waivers from the new england 65+ club - 2 went to 80 year olds

Happy Birthday Holly!

marj

C-R

Morning Jay and Marj.

Nice picture and glad the crown is no charge. Those can get expensive. Have fun at Boston.

I'm continually amazed at all of the plates you keep spinning at once Jay. Well done.

Happy birthday Holly and hope your hip gets better.

No run yet. Too much work and I am contemplating shutting down running for a couple of weeks to see if my knee improves. Its been such a consistent part of my daily routine that its hard to let go. We will see.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

...Happy B'Day holly...........

'' you would think that as people get older they get wiser,''

yeah,

I think we have Layed That One to Rest, Good Luck Racing marj

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Just had to jump in here and say happy birthday to Holly.  Hoping to get up to Ohio some time this year and enjoy a drink with you.

Marj, I think that's terrific about Boston. Good for you. Never quit!

2 miles slow this morning, still recovering from Sunday's 11-miler. Tomorrow I'll be back at it.  We're having huge storms coming in just a few minutes.  But we're headed into Dallas this morning for beginner bridge lessons for the Saint. I'm taking them too so I can be her partner and offer moral support, not that there's anything wrong with her morals but no sense taking chances.

C-R, message me your FIL's name. If he is nationally ranked, then I will know him.  Tell him my partner in college was Marty Bergen. He will know that name.   Spareribs

Henrun

Marj neglected to mention that today is her birthday also.

Happy birthday to Marj and Holly!

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy Birthday to Marj and Holly - birthday sisters!  Hope you both enjoy your special day!

My knee wasn't happy with me after Saturday's 12 mile trail run - but it was so nice out and so fun to run with a group that I did it anyway. It didn't actually hurt while I was running, but stiffened up afterward. So I took Sunday off, and it felt better - then yesterday I went for a 6 mile run, and it started hurting partway through, so I walked the last mile  home.  Bummed that it still hurts - not sure why, either.  Oh, well, I guess more rest is the plan now.  DH and I are getting the Sprinter van ready for another road trip and we'll be leaving in a few days.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Sayhey! MM#130

...Happy B'Day holly...........

'' you would think that as people get older they get wiser,''

yeah,

I think we have Layed That One to Rest, Good Luck Racing marj

LOL and nodding in agreement at it all.  Happy Birthday!  And you're too kind to invite us to supper before Air Force--you'll be running it too.  Only if you let us help.  We'll figure it out in May!

Ribs, come to Ohio in September and do the Air Force Half.  Or the 10K or 5K.    DH (he's the plane guy, so really looking forward to this) and I (one of the legions in the Holly Fan Club, so really looking forward to this) are going.   http://www.usafmarathon.com/

Marj got hardware at Gasparilla in the 15K so don't let her sandbag y'all.....so glad you'll be there!!!

tet, I will do that, with the skies,  and I enjoy running in the coolth.  Just Saturday, we went north to Venice and it was maybe below or right around 50 at the start of the 10K.  I wore one glove, cuz I lost the other and just had the one along.  Edited to include: also clothes and shoes.

8 pretty miles this am.

It's International Women's Day.      (Figure Steve and Tag will like the second image, below.)

grins,

A

Image result for International Women's Day

Image result for International Women's Day

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sayhey! MM#130

Holly and Marj!                                                                                                                     

Image result for Birthday for women runnersImage result for Birthday for women runners                  Image result for Birthday for women runners

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Slo

Happy Birthday Ladies !!!

Two days away from work sure can leave a mess of emails to go thru.

Back from our visit with DS. Got a little running in on the awesome trail network they have.

Also got to meet this little guy.

Ok, the carrot cake comic made me LOL!  Thanks Aamos!

Too many knee issues!  Too many dental issues!

Happy Birthday Holly and Marj!  That's great about Boston Marj.

I have motivation issues.  My knee is feeling good after only running 2.5 miles last week...so time to get my butt out there again to test the waters, so to speak.  But I am struggling with motivation.  Yesterday I read some blogs about running motivation - yet I still slept in a little this morning and missed a perfect opportunity to run, sigh!  Can you all tell me your secret ways of motivating yourself?  But I did BBB to work, which I absolutely love - really wakes me up.

Going to see Dengue Fever tonight - my old boss, who was a virologist, went to see this band only because of the connection to a virus in the name.  She copied a CD for me and I enjoyed it, so now I am going to see them.  Which means I'll be super tired tomorrow morning!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

54F

9 miles

1:22:42

Betsy and Jane ran shorter but we all started together. Sonya and Billy took off but turned around early, they have a half marathon next week in NYC. That left Tricia, Bill, Bob, Ralph, and I to run all the way to Rochambeau via the path through Waller Mill.

Then we turned around and ran back to the rec. center. The rooster crowed as we ran out with the sun rising over the reservoir to our right, pale blues and pinks made us all gasp at the beauty. On the way back, we heard the rooster crow again, this time we gasped because Tricia had set a pretty daunting pace for the rest of us. The rest of us range in age from my 52 to Bill's 69. Tricia has half of her 40's left. And she is an Ironman finisher several times over.

It is nice to have my rocket scientist back in running form. He is easing back into training. Smart man.

Marj, congratulations on another Boston! You are on your way. I am proud to know you. And Happy Birthday!

Spareribs. Okay. Now you will have no excuse but to sit at my table and play beginner bridge with me!  Well. Actually, we always play boys against the girls so... I get to be The Saint's partner!  And you can have the old. r.s.

Let's see: we bid a short club, sometimes a convenient minor. We play blackwood. Mom taught me to respond to 1 NT with 2 C if  I have a 4 card major, I don't know what that is called. I get confused with the Jacoby transfer.  Mostly I just like to play and drink beer. This should be fun. Keep us posted on The Saint's progress and don't let them teach her too much fancy stuff. (hahahahahaha!)

Moebobo.  How are you feeling? I hope you are on the road to recovery.

Happy Birthday Holly!  It is a beautiful day here in honor of your birthday. I hope you have a good day and eat lots of cake.

I think I have exceeded my word limit. Please forgive me.

MTA: spelling errors and Love all the photos!  especially dog photos.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Bushrat Runner

Passed the checkride yesterday, heading home today, hoping to get running in this week after I get home.

evanflein

Yay on passing the checkride, Troy! Nice to have that off the docket for awhile.

Enke, I've never been good at the morning running thing so can't help you. Your evening sounds fun though. Hope the knee continues to behave.

Marj! That's awesome about you running Boston this year! And happy birthday to you! Loved the sunrise and GL with the crown reseating.

Slo, that is one cute pup.

Happy birthday to Holly, too! How's the hip?

It's my SIL's birthday, too. She's 5 months younger than me and we were in the same class in school.

So... isn't the air force marathon in September? It's usually always the same day as Equinox (3rd Saturday in September), so I'm guessing this is something different?

Another sunny day here with temps in the 20's but still breezy. I'll run after my last meeting today, run down and grab the truck from DH and drive back up the hill. Yesterday's trudge up the hill into a 15 mph headwind at 25° is something I don't care to repeat today.

King of PhotoShop

Marj neglected to mention that today is her birthday also.

Happy birthday to Marj and Holly!

Whoops! I didn't know this. Happy birthday Marj!