Masters Running

Sliding into the Thursday Daily, 12.6.12 (Read 341 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Dave, core exercises have helped strengthen my back, and might help yours too. Otherwise, do be careful.

Nice tune-up for Sunday, Ribs. What'll you be wearing??Shocked  Thanks for volunteering at packet pick-up on Saturday.

Keep up the good runs, Zeke. Short runs are better than none.

TomW, you should let go of what you are catching...

Enke, that's why I don't eat before my workouts.

Good news, Norm! I hope things keep looking up.

Holly, it's not good either way, but it is better that your email should have a virus than you.

Tag is running, running running!

Twocat, we trust you - who needs the TSA? Oh. You do. Good luck with your interview today.

Leslie, well, that's a cherry Santa avatar. OK, maybe not...

Evanflein, to wimps like me, the difference between -22 and -35 seem inconsequential - either way, it's too freakin' cold! "Wait, wait, don't tell me" is a great show with some really funny stuff going on.

We have a cat, not a dog, and she's particularly good at letting her slaves know when she wants food or a scratch or someone to play with her till she gets tired of whatever the game is. Other than that, she can't be bothered...

I chose to sleep in this morning. I was particularly tired after last night's meeting, and also have some funny little aches going on. So I was sloth-like this morning, and didn't get up till after 5. So it goes.

Enjoy the day!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

SteveP

I'm going in late today. So Noah and I made breakfast for Grammy.

SteveP

delicate flower

Dang...now I want pancakes shaped like a reindeer with bacon antlers.  Sad

Big grin

'Morning, folks!  10 miles of speedwork on the treadmill last night.  My legs were definitely feeling some lingering fatigue from my race Sunday but I managed to push through.  Nice easy run planned after work today.

Have a great Thursday!  Remember, it is a football night.

<3

A Man On The Run!

Coast - Good Morning.  Great pics..now I want pancakes Smile   A sloth day is good sometimes and it looks like you found a good way to spend it.

Hopefully 3 miles today for me and then off to work.

Have an awesome day to everyone

Zeke

http://zekerunning.wordpress.com/

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.- Albert Einstein

I want one of those pancakes! No wonder Noah likes to hang out with his grandpa. You're just a big kid in Batman clothing!

Way behind here but I've been skimming the daily posts. Loved the picture of Marj and Henry, and Ribs - that lime green is really a "fashion statement."  Just not sure what kind Wink

6 miles this morning, 9:17 pace. I took yesterday off after running or elipticalling for two straight weeks. It's amazing what a day's rest will do for your legs. DH is having cataract surgery in a couple of hours. I'll be his designated driver for a day or two. He better be nice! Have a good one, people.

This morning I rolled over and slept in.  Later, when I got up, I noticed it was raining.  So now I can say I didn't ride my Bike this morning because it was raining.  Yeah.  that's the ticket.

I'm going to make those pancakes for Christmas when DS and GF come down.  Fun!

Speaking of Christmas I'm just about bursting wanting to tell DW about the cruise.  This is going to be a looong 19 days ....

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

Bacon antlers. Brilliant!

Speaking of brilliant, with all the talk about smart dogs this week I'm surprised Avenger Doggie didn't make an appearance sooner.

Norm--hope you/we keep getting good news.

Seasonable temps are back.  Mid-30s for a beautiful 10 mile trail run, watching the sun rise.

Be safe. Be kind.

...steveP is An Artiste of The FlapJack.......

===========

double weight sessions

pt xs

..................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Nice pancakes Steve...

3.5 miles and a mocha with my RP...The rain cycle has begun in the PNW, prolly won't see sun again til May...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                    C-R

Steve - that made me smile. Lucky grandkid but I can tell you don't spoil them at all. Heh.

Another drive by - DW is doing well and resting comfortably. All doctors were happy when making rounds to day. She scammed my oatmeal (which sounded better than the beef broth the nurse brought) and told me to sign her up for a 5k in late Feb. We have a short vacation planned for my birthday and I was running the Princess HM in Disney (stop laughing now). We won't run but will walk it together. All things are good and I'm reminded what a lucky guy I am.

Give your loved one's an extra hug. Why - just because.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

King of PhotoShop

That's good to hear C-R!

Tapering a bit for this important Half Sunday, so today was 2.2 on the dirt, tomorrow is a day off, and Saturday morning I'll just do a short run with some strides.  As for what I'm wearing Jay, it's definitely the light Kinvaras, as I ran 1:50:30 in them last year, but I'll match the top with them and wear black shorts, like this:

Last year I screwed up on the gloves, not realizing the blue back on them.  I've got matching ones for Sunday.

Hey Twocat, can't you just bring your passport and let them look at that?

Dallas claims to have the biggest Turkey Trot in the country.  Maybe, maybe not, but it's always a mess.  So I wrote this post today in the News on how to fix it, comparing it with the demise of Kodak.  Twocat, you may be interested in the analogy. It's going to generate a ton of feedback.

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/four-ideas-on-how-to-fix-the-dallas-ymca-turkey-trot.html/

Spareribs

Mariposai

Those pancakes are making me hungry!!! and considering that I am in the quest of loosing a few pounds before Dec. 15...I am doom to droll over them and not satisfy the craving by making my own.

Twocat, good luck with the TSA today! Just don't mention running away from zombies and such Big grin because then they definitely will question your sanity.

Jay, take care of the aches.

Baboon, 10 miles of speed on the TM, did you go crazy?. I just did 4 miles of speed work last night on the TM and I thought that was a torture.

Well, no TM for me but a slow 9 miles at about 11:30 pace thanks to the handful of Berthas in my path Roll eyes. Now it off to Spokane to take our DS#2 to the airport to start his travel to Denmark.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Double dailies!  I'll post on both.

SteveP - the pink nose disturbs me slightly - what is it?

5 easy-paced miles for me on the TM because I didn't feel like suiting up....

I went to an assisted living center today to bring documents for our 100yo client to sign so I can file for VA pension for her.  100!  Hard to believe.  Sweet as could be, and didn't look a day over 80.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I'm glad you noticed the err of your gloves Ribs and will do better this year. I just about cringed when I saw that photo.

Great pancakes! Noah is going to have some great memories of time spent with his grandbat!

David had a great basketball game last night. Or should I say he had a great 2nd qtr as that's the only quarter they played their starters in. After his squad went in, they were up on the opposing team by so much that they played the secondary squad the remainder of the game and still won by about 20 pts. David scored a couple 3 pointers and got his free throws and his D was stellar last night.

I hope Opie has a great time and race in Tucson!

Tammy

dg.

Norm, thanks for your report!    ... best best wishes & healing vibes to your DW!

Taggy...    (shhhh)   your dad still thinks you aren't coming to Bayshore....   Our plan should work out just fine.  Keep training with those logs, good idea, but don't over do...   Remember, you are bringing the pancakes.   You can have my bacon.  All for now... any changes in plans on this end, I'll let you know..

Steve,  nice!  : )

Burger.    Want me to tell her?

Hi Jeanne.  Nice run!

Jay, your cat reminded me that yesterday morning I saw something out of the corner of my eye just flying at me.  (at ground level).   I turned, prepared to face this little dog but it was a cat!    I kept going because I was in a hurry but it insisted on running with me.   Finally I petted it for a while, what a sweetie.   It joined me for a bit then turned around.  It was funny.

No run today but I had another prolotherapy appt. this morning.   I like the doctor a lot, but it's a little over an hour drive.   I have so much trouble staying awake.   So, at 7:30 I was munching away on celery & cucumbers.    Better than m&ms ; ).