Masters Running

Sliding into the Thursday Daily, 12.6.12 (Read 341 times)

So, at 7:30 I was munching away on celery & cucumbers.    Better than m&ms ; ).

Since when?

Bill 

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

..HEY DG//..........how's the Therapy doing for you???????

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

SteveP - the pink nose disturbs me slightly - what is it?

I assumed it was a wad of used bubble gum.  No?

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

Since when?

Bill 

sigh.   I had myself all convinced.  Now I want pancakes with m&m freckles.....

(my thighs think celery is better)

hi tw!    It's doing for me just fine!    thanks for asking!    oh,   I should have told you about it so you could try it!   & sent you links, & things!   Big grin

I admit I wondered a little about the nose too.     marzipan? 

What ever the nose is, it looks like Noah is going to eat it first!

Noah sure is a luck little guy, Steve, to have you as his Grampy

C-R, glad to hear the surgery went well.  Hoping for the best.

No run today, shoot, slept crappy crappy, but it turns out the wind was a blowin' something fierce today so I probably would have skipped it anyway.

Going to a running store tonight.....need another pair of winter tights, and hopefully I'll find some shoes I like.  Retail therapy.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

PBJ, congrats on marathon #20.  henrun, I certainly didn't expect to see a camel picture on RA.  It was neat, though, and appropriate for a Wed. post.  steve, love the pancakes.  C-R, I'm glad to hear your wife is improving.  Tammy, it sounds like your son and his team did well.

Nice long runs for Mike, bike, and baboon (with speedwork).  Good job on the speedwork for evan.

This morning, it was in the mid 20s and there was a little wind.  I got in 8 miles at a 10:49 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

SteveP

SteveP - the pink nose disturbs me slightly - what is it?

snork..Taffy. I didn't know he was coming over in time to get cherries for the nose. 

I think we're going to Disney in Feb. I'll have to check the dates. A half huh?

SteveP

Jlynne,I had cataract surgery last year. What a difference! I hope it goes well for your husband.

Life is too busy today to run outside. 2 of the kids need to be at games at the same time,so I got only 1.5 in on the TM.

Did I ever mention I hate the TM? At this rate I'll probably have my lowest weekly distance,but that's life. It's not like I'm doing it out of being lazy.

Today's adventure was my interview with, I guess, border patrol.  The program's real name is "Global Entry."  If you get approved you can get through passport control via a kiosk.  Nice, but better it puts you into the TSA Pre program.  That lets you get through security (at a few airports with a few airlines) with a lot less hassle:  shoes on, laptop in its bag, belt and sweater on.  Being that I am I fly out of the NYC area the airports and airlines I use around here are covered.

Now about that interview.  It is really painless.  You bring your passport and a driver's license.  They ask you a few questions and that is that.  (I suspect following tetsujin209's advice would likely freak them out and lead to one very long afternoon!  I am pretty sure doing as wildchild suggested would not turn out well either!) For the record I did cop to my trip to England and the agent just updated my application!  Honesty, if it did not pay, was costless!  Smile  Who would have thunk?  Spareribs if they had to use the visa stamps in my passport to figure out where I had been they would have been out of luck!  I tried that, and I missed my London trip.  There are seemingly zillions of these stamps (so many that I had to pay the passport agency to staple in more visa pages; can you believe $82 for this mandatory service) and many of the stamps are illegible.

Tomorrow it is a train trip to the city for an all day conference and then conference dinner.  Oh joy!

rhoon phast small hotel room with five other people!?  Shocked  All right I must be missing something.  How does that come about?

wildchild this time of year I want my global warming!  Heck, send Florida up here!  Of course, where you are I want global snowing!  So far so good from what I hear.

Drake welcome to the "I hate the TM club!"  Pretty big group around here.  I think the only real question is how extreme an TM hater any one person is.  Me?  I will run in nearly anything but rain or evanflein cold.

tselbs nice run.  Brrr. . .

enkephalin I hope the stuff is on sale or the therapy is going to be pricy!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

No run today but I had another prolotherapy appt. this morning.   I like the doctor a lot, but it's a little over an hour drive.   I have so much trouble staying awake.   So, at 7:30 I was munching away on celery & cucumbers.    Better than m&ms ; ).

What do hypnotherapist do?

Only chocolate is better than m&ms as far as I am concerned!. 

I think Spareribs totally missed his calling, he should have been a model!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Bushrat Runner

The hotel room adventure comes about because it costs us $550 each round trip just to get the kids here and hotel rooms are $100/night in the winter in Anchorage (double that in summer) and any extra we spend means some kid doesn't get to make a trip for a swim meet...we're not rich folk...we usually couch surf but we can't ask our friends to put up with us + random team strangers...so we're hotel crammin'...

5 miles tonight on the treadmill...

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I ran 4 miles with DH  who was kind enough to slow for me. It was nice. There is though a discrepancy in our garmin paces with his saying we were 30 seconds per mile faster. but his is set for auto pause where mine isn't and we did get stopped by traffic. However, I like his data better.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**