Masters Running

Sunny Saturday (Read 34 times)

Mariposai

Good Saturday gang. The Easy Pacer and I are getting ready to go to  the Gold Rush Run, 5k,10k race to a town about 1:30 away from us. Since I have not been feeling well for a couple of day I may just walk run the 5k or just be a cheerleader to my DH (funny to see him being the one racing today and not me)

Enjoy your day today no matter what you are doing.

ohhhh and don't forget to smile to estrangers

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning and good luck posie!  I've had some of my best races when I was feeling sick...

Speaking of feeling sick...after work, yesterday, I had to watch another dance recital (2 different grandkid's than last weekend)...didn't get home until 11:30.  Now, I'm getting in a run before we travel to Wisconsin Dels for ANOTHER dance recital.  Yeah...I don't feel so good...

SubDood

Good morning and good luck posie!  I've had some of my best races when I was feeling sick...

Speaking of feeling sick...after work, yesterday, I had to watch another dance recital (2 different grandkid's than last weekend)...didn't get home until 11:30.  Now, I'm getting in a run before we travel to Wisconsin Dels for ANOTHER dance recital.  Yeah...I don't feel so good...

Ouch. That should count as some form of training ... it's endurance, right? I'd log it as a Fartlek.

My 7-yr-old son ran his first ever race last night, an "Adventure 1K" with obstacles!  I am so dang proud of him! He seems really psyched to do more events. I followed his event with a 5K that I hadn't really trained for. Ran a 19:24 and out-kicked a guy that has been somewhat of a nemesis of mine. What a fun night!

King of PhotoShop

Subdood, that is a wonderful feeling to see your son or daughter run a first race.  Hope he keeps this new bug.

And speaking of bugs, hope you feel better today Mariposai.

Ran just 3 today as I was tired and also because I'd like to try for a little more distance tomorrow.  Still, I have 30 miles in for the week and most of it was running, so that makes me feel good.

Spareribs

C-R

Hey everyone. Been a bit tardy lately. Too much work and stuff.

Subdood - that's awesome.

Patrick and I ran the Tool Run 5k this morning. It was both an individual and team effort. Patrick ran an 18:59 and got that sub 19 off his back. I ran 19:19. Racing three days in a row is tough when you're getting older. Had a blast. Patrick was 4OA and 1AG. I got 5OA and 1AG. We won the father son team competition. What a great way to start Fathers Day weekend.

Now to watch some soccer, pull some weeds, trim some trees and enjoy a warm sunny Saturday.

Have a great Fathers Day tomorrow!

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Now, I'm getting in a run before we travel to Wisconsin Dels for ANOTHER dance recital.  Yeah...I don't feel so good...

...know the feeling, got dragged to 'em for 16-years with DD2..........at least it'll help your Racing.....

=========

pool was closed this morning.....meh......

all dressed up

and nowhere to go

................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Great start to Father's Day weekend for Subdood and C-R!!

MikeE - I feel for ya!!  I see more of those in my future when my little Maria is of dancing school age!!

so thankful to be feeling better!!  The rain stopped somewhere during the night and I woke up to quiet -- ahhh - so nice!!  Rode 11 miles with a friend from the campground then went out for another 10 alone - followed that with a 4.2 mile run!!  Awesome day!!  Also spent some time with campground friends sitting in the adult hot tub and pool.

Miss having my dh and some of the boys here, but have to admit it's nice being able to run/bike when I want, cook vegetarian and listen to my Christian radio station -- sadly my dh doesnt share in any of those interests with me so we tend to do our own thing a lot.  It still works tho!!

Happy Saturday night friends!!

denise

SubDood

My 7-yr-old son ran his first ever race last night, an "Adventure 1K" with obstacles!  

I can't help myself ... must ... post ... cute pictures ...

Pre-race warm-up:

warmup

Obligatory yelling by drill sargent:

crawl

Hitting the wall:

wall

Balance:

balance

Strong finish:

finish

Mariposal - Good luck on your run today, hope you feel better!

Mike- With all those dance recitals, I wonder if they can be counted as cross training?

SubDood - Those pics are awesome! Nice time on the 5k also..

C-R - That's a good way to start the weekend, great time!

deez4boyz - Seems like you had good day today, that's great! Have been thinking of getting a bike..son just picked up a nice one on Craigs List..

9.3 slow miles this morning in Liberty State Park across form the Statue of Liberty, nice place to run just have to watch for the tourists..Portugal Day 5 Mile Run tomorrow morning in Central Park..

Mike E

MM #5615

Excellent picture, SubDood.  I think you're going to have fun with that guy.

Nice racing, C-R!

Oh...I was corrected...this is not a "recital"...it is "nationals"...and they're winning "platinum"...I guess gold is good enough.

Okay...it's time to drink...

Oh--posie--how did your race go?  How are feeling?

Subdood - very cute picture indeed!

Nice race for you and C-R.  Speedy guys.

I went up to the mountain and ran 12.2 mostly single track miles.  My gosh, the last mile was all uphill, very steep.  I walked that last mile, and felt so lightheaded and exhausted by then.  I was hoping for 13.1 miles, but once I got to the parking lot, that extra mile seemed silly.  My knee was peachy....so weird, it felt sore the first 1/4 mile and I had to keep stopping to walk, then nothing after that.  Just goes to show you, not to turn around and go home so quickly....which I might have done if I hadn't given it time to warm up.

Those 12.2 miles - took me over 3 hours!!!  I hear some people around here run marathons in less time than that.

And Remi set a distance PR.  I am pretty sure he won't be waking me up tonight to go outside.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mariposai

Enkie, great job on your long distance run today. REMI dog can have rest day tomorrow. It sounds like both of you had a great time out in the woods together. BTW, after  today's run you will be ready for your HM!!!

MikeE  and Irishguy, thanks for asking about the race. The Easy Pacer and I had a great time at the race. I will write up about it tomorrow. This has been a long day for me and my wings are tired and still recovering.

Subdood, that kid of yours is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!! Please also give him a hug from the butterfly lady!! I am so proud of him!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Subdood - love the pics!

C-R and Patrick - great racing!

Mike - bring a good book....

Leslie - a friend of mine is running her first 50 miler on 7/12.  She wants to do a tough local trail 50k as her last LR on 7/28. I am worried that 2 weeks is not enough taper after a tough 50k before a 50 miler. My friend is in her mid-30's, but still.  What is your opinion?

Busy day for me on Saturday - up at 6am to take DS to take his ACT one more time in hopes of bettering his score, colored my roots and then gardened while waiting, then off with grandma and the family to a Fried Green Tomato festival in town, then all of us golfed all afternoon, then a softball game for DD in the evening.  I was pooped!

4 easy-paced miles for me on Saturday and core work.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."