Masters Running

Best of 2014 (Read 39 times)

So what is your BEST of 2014?  A race?  A vacation?  A purchase?

My BEST is the Avenue of the Giants Marathon weekend and getting to meet a number of folks for the first time with whom I've been conversing with here in RA for years.  I didn't run in the race, but I had a blast cheering for everyone and having the opportunity to give real instead of virtual hugs for once.  My hope is that I get to meet many more of you in the coming years.

'Til then, know that you are all special to me, and your support and friendship mean the world to me.

Here's to a Safe, Blessed, Wonderful, Happy New Year ~~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Slo

My best for 2014 is the seeing the fruition of the Human Powered League.

We started in September. We built or improved over 1.5 miles of wooded trail.

17 different volunteers, 117 man hours.

Lot's more to do!

Mike E

MM #5615

I suppose, for me, the best of 2014 was having Mikey and his girls home and having everybody together...luckily for just a short time...

Slo

Great group shot!

My BEST came on the very last day of the year --- hearing the final pathology report showed NO Malignancy after a week of thinking he had lymphoma!!  Don't think I have ever been so relieved or thankful in my entire life!!

denise

Yay, Deez!!!!!!

Beautiful family, Mike.

Slo - Will be looking forward the trail progress.

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

The best thing for me in 2014 was losing 46 pounds, getting healthy and running 3 races in September, getting faster with each race too! I know I posted pics of us before but thought I could be an encouragement to others making goals this time of year. No need to comment, just post your best of 2014.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

SteveP

best day? days? Too many to count. Two new grandkids. Playing Easter Bunny and Santa. Making new friends. Digging deep. Hearing DW laughing. Teaching Noah how to stick a plunger on his stomach and chase people around. It's been great.

SteveP

Very nice, Starr and Steve.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

I wanted to add the Vermont 50 RA meetup as another  highlight of 2014!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Best was a 1st at US National Masters XC Ski championships in March but best experience was coaching at the high schoolers at meet on Kodiak Island. Great weekend.

Best running was probably Equinox Marathon, although the conditions were near horrific at low 40s and raining.

Sayhey! MM#130

Another year of being among the privileged to hear from Tag, the Averger Doggie, before he publishes his memoirs and becomes a superstar Rock Doggie. 

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Another year of being among the privileged to hear from Tag, the Averger Doggie, before he publishes his memoirs and becomes a superstar Rock Doggie. 

+++++A1 !!!!! 

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance