Masters Running

Half Way There Wednesday (Read 419 times)

C-R

Must be late sleeping day for Jay and Drake to be the first one in here.

Got my first run in this morning. Little 5k but its cold. Well not really but it seems that way.

Glad you could get there Steve. EMTs do great things but it still takes time to get from place one to place two.

Another day full of adventure. Riddle me this. I have a soccer team managers meeting, DD's concert and niecs recital all between 6 and 7 tonight. And no not at the same place. How am I gonna make all of those? I need a clone like in that movie Multiplicity. Come to remmeber, maybe not those clones. Open to ideas.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

coastwalker

Mornin' C-R and everyone coming along later.

Glad you got a run in this morning, C-R. Good luck with your evening schedule!

Greta photo yesterday, Leslie!

I hope you next run goes well, Tall.

I'm also glad you were on the job yesterday, Steve, and that you are a lot more engaged than Beth's dad.

Knuckle lights look interesting, but I swing my arms too aggressively to imagine they'd do me much good. I have a headlamp, but rarely wear it. I probably should, more for protection than to improve my vision, but I'd rather just wear good reflective gear. The headlamp tends to flatten things out, especially when there is water/ice on the road, so I can't really see what is down there anyway.

It feels like I got hit in the head with a sledgehammer, as the cold I've been fighting for the past few days finally won out. So I stayed in instead of working out this morning, and may head back home after my 8:30 meeting to try to get on top of this. I hate being sick, and beside that, I just don't have the time for it.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Good luck C-R...I remember those days. 3 kids, 3 different directions all at the same time.

Jay...hope you are feeling better soon.

A 2nd run last night put me just over the 2000 mark by only 2 tenths.

2012 on 12/12/2012

My 5.65 this morning leaves with exactly 6.2 miles if I wanted to make 2012 miles on 12/12/2012...Mississippi and Tramps are also within striking distance.

What do you say guys? Are you going to go for it?

Mike E

MM #5615

Dang! I wish I had thought of that. 2012 on 12/12/2012 would be cool.

Saturday afternoon I went out for a training ride - wanting to get some good mileage in at a solid cruise speed.  I ended up riding 32.3 miles at 19 miles per hour.  Felt great afterward and I ran 10 miles on Monday morning and it went well.

But, I looked at the HR profile for this ride and it looks like I may have ridden that one pretty hard.  Maybe too hard.

17.53% Zones 1 to 3 (mostly 3)
            48.63% Zone 4
            33.84% Zone 5

That's a fairly high percentage of my time in Zones 4 and 5.  So today I tried to take it a little easier and see if I could keep the HR more to Zones 2 and 3.  So I rode for 21.1 miles this morning at 18 miles per hour.

19.13% Zone 1
            60.77% Zone 2
            19.51% Zone 3
            00.59% Zone 4

What a difference 1 mile per hour made!

Also, I think my Saturday ride shows I need to retest my biking Lactate Threshold since, by definition, Tempo should be the pace you can hold for an hour, and I was in Zones 4 and 5 for well over an hour.  Shouldn't be possible.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

2012 on 12/12/2012 would be cool, very cool, but I am about 30 miles away from 2000 mark. 

SteveP, your heart is big! How good that you were there for your niece.

Life is like a whirlwind right now for me. So much to do before we leave on Saturday. Well, in reality we leave on Friday to spend the night in Seattle before our long flight. I was looking at our flight schedule last night, boy we are going to be on travel mode for many hours. We will spend about 27 hours either flying or waiting in airports for our next flight. You would think we are going to Cambodia or something, but no, we are going to South America, but hey I am not complaining. I am anxious to see my family and to run a solo marathon Clown.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

delicate flower

'Morning, folks.  8.17 miles last night.  I set out to run a strong steady effort, and ended up setting an unofficial PR in the 10K (47:09, 7:35 pace).  It certainly wasn't a 10K PR effort, and was with no warmup and coming off a 10 mile run Monday.  This tells me I've gotten faster, and I really need to run another 10K race (my PR was set a year ago).  Last night's run also pushed me past 2140 for the year, officially doubling my total from last year.  So I'd say that was a great run all around.   

Anywho, 10 easy miles planned after work today.

Jay, I hope you feel better soon.

<3

Jeff F

Free Beer

Good morning everyone.

No run today, but I did a 6 miler on the Chicago lakefront last night.  I always love this run.  I start at my hotel, head over to Navy Pier and run south to the museum campus.  It is alwasy a great view coming back around the aquarium to see the lights of the city skyline.  I am not a city boy but that is always breathtaking.

Had to estimate the time as my 305 has finally died and my wife is sticking to her guns and will not allow me to use the 610 until after Christmas.

Later.

King of PhotoShop

Jeff, sometimes that lakefront run can fool you.  Head out one direction and think you're running super, only to turn around and face a headwind!

Tall, hope all works out okay.  Heart issues always get my attention.

Baboon, nice PR on an informal run; yes you are getting faster.

Steve, that story is a real head-shaker.  Hard to understand some people.

6.5 easy pace for me, so my legs are officially "back."  I have a colonoscopy on Friday so I'm going to take that day off, and likely won't hit 40 this week.   Spareribs

mornin' guys/////

...20's here,,,,,,,,,30min PoolRun,,,,,,,,,,30min BikeRide,,,,,,,Brisk

=======

since

they are Closing the Pool for resurfacing the rest of this year

I plan

on switching to an

ARC Trainer

,,,,,,,,,,,,,has anyone used this??

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,will I Critically Injure myself on it????

you know

how I get.

........lemme know................and Good Running to Ya.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

No run yesterday,I had a dentist appointment which screwed up my sleeping.

Today I had to go to the oral surgeon,so I'll have to see how I feel this evening,if OK,I'll run.

Thinking about a friend a lot lately. He's about 73, but a few years ago he competed in the Kona Ironman World Championships in Hawaii -- the Boston Marathon of triathlons and then some. He went in a week ago for a procedure to unblock an artery behind his heart and insert a stent, but went into cardiac arrest -- twice! -- and was kept in an induced coma for a few days. He's slowly coming out of it and is awake now, but he'll certainly have a big change in lifestyle coming up, as the original problem was not fixed either. Goes to show you how genetics can often trump fitness in these areas.

Had excellent conditions for a run this morning, about 30 but bright sunshine and no wind. Ran 6 miles with a friend and definitely felt the effects of not running for the last 6 days or so. I'm always stiffer at the start of a run in this cold weather, but today it took a good two miles before it wasn't an effort to keep myself going at any kind of pace. The good news is that the knee hasn't ached or twinged for a few days, including on the run, so at least that's behind me (until the next time).

I hope that your days are going well!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Dave59

Was planning on 6 miles.  Did not feel like running at all.  Ran 3 as a compromise with myself.

Jeff F

Free Beer

Jeff, sometimes that lakefront run can fool you.  Head out one direction and think you're running super, only to turn around and face a headwind!

Spareribs,  that is exactly why I ran south first last night.  Wind was out of the SW and I wanted to run with the wind at my back on the way back. Of course, once you head west into downtown all bets are off as the wind swirls between all of the tall buildings.

Bushrat Runner

We were supposed to head home yesterday, but the flight was cancelled due to freezing rain on glare ice in King Salmon...so hopefully we'll get out there today.