Masters Running

Weds 3/18 Daily Runs and Fun Stuff (Read 544 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning everyone... LOL, I will keep this shorter than yesterday. Thanks to everyone for the Birthday wishes yesterday, really meant a lot to me....more than ya know actually. I don't have much of a family so to speak of, so it was really nice coming from my good RA Friends Smile Last night I rode my bike easy for 20 miles to work the soreness out of my legs, and yes they were stiff and sore...wonder why Roll eyes. Then I ran 8 easy miles - 1:10:02 - 8:46 ave pace - really felt this run, but was good in IRC. It was kewl last night to hear from my daughter who is in the Air Force...who I haven't heard from or seen in many years... long story, but my bitter X doesn't help matters what so ever. I Never understand bitterness, as it seems like wasted energy to me. Here is a couple of pictures of my very Dear Daughter....kewl I can post pics now Smile KATIE PROFILE PIC KATIE PIC She's a real sweetie, and a adorable / beautiful young lady....looks just like me, huh Big grin OK, as a proud Dad, one more picture...boy, do kiddoes grow up fast. Just seemed like yesterday I was changing her diapers, now she is 21 years old Shocked KATIE 3 Hope you all have a greta Hump Day, TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Attractive DD Tim. It is great you heard from her. Bitterness is awful. I did not run this morning, in fact I considered not even cross-training, as I was pretty tired all day yesterday. But I woke up feeling okay so I got up and drove to the gym. 35 minutes of rowing followed by 25 minutes of leg and core machines. CNYRunner will be in Key Largo tonight and part of tomorrow, but I'm unable to get down there midweek. Bummer. I love meeting RA and KR people "in real life" after sorta getting to know them online. Next time. It's been extremely dry down here for the last several months - we're 13 inches below normal for rain since October. She may be bringing a bit of percipitation with her as the next few days are expecting some quick showers. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

Good Morning Gents Very attractive young lady Tim. I got an easy 7.65 in last night and followed up with a swim this morning. I'm very jealous of Tim getting some biking in.......Maybe next week. Tough day at work yesterday......My weekend project blew up.......literally. A 150hp electric motor up on the roof. At least the crane was still on site. I guess it'll make my extended weekend all the more worth it ! I am so ready to kick back. If I ever figure out how to post pics Tim I'll share photo's of my kids too.......I got a good one of the three of them playing Rock Band.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning! Beautiful daughter Tim! Nice workout last night. I want a new bike so bad ..... It is too bad you can't meet Karin down there Byll. I heard that it was kind of rainy in Florida for all the Spring Breaker's. Slo - sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Nice run last night and swim this morning. It was interval day, so I got my Garmin all set up last night for six .25 mile intervals with .15 mile rests along with a warm up and cool down. So, I'm tooling down the road with Brinkley for our mile warm up and "think" I hit the lap button to start my first interval. I get past the point of 1/4 mile and realize that the beeps are not coming and when I look at my Garmin see that I hit the stop button instead of the lap button - CRAP! So, I am totally guessing at the time of my first one, but it is usually the fastest one: Time Pace HR Interval 1 0.25 Mi 2:02 8:08 Interval 2 0.25 Mi 2:02 8:08 164 Interval 3 0.25 Mi 2:03 8:12 171 Interval 4 0.25 Mi 2:05 8:20 173 Interval 5 0.25 Mi 2:02 8:08 175 Interval 6 0.25 Mi 2:03 8:12 173 One mile warm up - 11 m/m One mile cool down - 10:58 m/m Overall 4.25 miles Next time I'll get it right ..... Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Very consistent intervals, Mary. Fizzy lifting, followed by 15 minutes of stepperfication, then 60 sweaty spin cycle minutes. There are usually 20 + spinners in the class - I thought attendance would drop off by now. You know, the resolution folks who give up after a few weeks. It's cool that there are so many still going. I like my gym.
              Good morning, all! Tim - beautiful daughter - thanks for sharing! Mary - nice intervals - I hate it when I push the wrong button on the Garmin ;-). Amy - great news about Crissy - continuing to send thoughts and prayers for a full recovery. PJH - thanks for the medical information. I'll have to do some reading, but I suspect that I have experienced a similar problem. It took months and months to resolve, but it finally did go away on its own. I slept in this morning, so no run (a beautiful running morning wasted, but there will be more to come ;-). Core and weights on the lunch menu. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Slow--Wow, I've never let the smoke out of anything THAT big!! Shocked Hope it doesn't take too long to replace. Tim--I think she going to make a few pilots fly off course. Wink Happy for you that she's back in touch. In another few days, I get to start walking again and it looks like running should be just around the corner. No flutters at all so far (knocking repeatedly on wood), so it appears that I had some good guys working on me. Looking forward to getting started and getting rid of the 10 lbs that sort of snuck up on me during the enforced layoff. i should have been using the time to really figure out the Garmin, but I guess I'll practice more on the walks. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Slow--Wow, I've never let the smoke out of anything THAT big!! Shocked Hope it doesn't take too long to replace.
                  LOL.......Most people don't realize that your electronics and Electrical devices work on smoke. It's true, once you let the smoke out they no longer work ! Roll eyes We've got a great Maintainence crew here. Motor blew at 2:00........hot lined a replacement in From Chicago. Back up and running by 7:00pm.

Hill Runner

Good morning everyone! Foggy morning here but IRC. 10.52 miles of hills @ 9:08 pace. Boston numbers are posted.....17925 for me! Good running today to all.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Great pix Timbo - maybe now you can teach me how to post pictures! She is gorgeous. Mary, I have enough trouble just figuring out my latest routes on the RA interactive map. I don't think I could handle a Garmin! Stumpy, do we ever use our time off wisely? Congrats on getting back into walking and soon running! Today I did 5.5 which was a struggle. Am going to try for 12+ on Saturday as I have another (gasp) 1/2 in April, so I may take tomorrow and Friday off. It's YARD day today !Big grinBig grin

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Timbo – she really is lovely. So glad you are getting to renew your relationship. Nice intervals, Mary. Stumpy/Kevin – good news. Fussyrunner – have you tried the picture posting advice I gave you on your race report? 5.3 recovery-paced miles for me today (ave 10:31).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Yes, I am quite disappointed that I won't get to run with Bill, but I am on a client's dime and clock and we just couldn't make it work. I am sitting in the Charlotte airport now in fact and hoping to get to Sarasota on time for an appointment and then make the trek to Key Largo. Very foggy indeed. I grew up in Central NY, so I do seem to bring along precipitation wherever I go! Hmmmm, perhaps a new marketing strategy for clients in drought areas----bring me to campus and I'll help! My Boston marathon number is 10484....off of my 3:26 time last year. I never submitted my 3:22 since I am deferring Boston until next year. Oh well. I'll be there volunteering and cheering. It's all good. Today's exercise will consist of concourse walking and then maybe some miles on the treadmill at the hotel tonight. Happy Wednesday to all!
                          Mariposai

hi CYrunner, it is so good to have you here. I know that the Boston folks will be blessed with your cheerleading. Holly, how on earth can you run your intervals yesterday and then keep on running to get to 11 miles. My legs are normally shot by the time I finish the sets...you are one strong gal. Aamos, thanks for the update on your friends. I pray for them daily. timbo, are you awake after your party last night? Your daughter is one gorgeous girl... Speedy day (well, sort-of) for my posie wings... up at 4:45 and ran to the track with my headlamp placed on my forehead (my first EVER in-the-dark track w/o) So...2 slow w/u miles, some stretching and then I started my goal workout: 6x 1000m with one minute rest. Target time: 5:05. This is what the splits looked like: 1x1000m@ 5:08, running in the dark track is spooky...owls playing 1x1000m@ 5:05, getting used to the darkness..I feel powerful to be alone in this place where just last night they had a track meet...oh the energy of youth 1x1000m@ 5:00, a bit fast...I know I am going to pay for this later... 1x1000m@ 5:02, the sky was still full of stars, venus was bright 1x1000m@ 5:03, dawn finally came and my legs feel like lead 1x1000m@ 5:00, I am so glad this is over. Ran a few laps to c/d and then ran back home. 9 miles total. I am tired right now, but no muscle pain or aches. I am glad I am getting a massage this afternoon. One hour of blizz...hahhhhhhh and deep breathing.. Cool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

Mariposai (Nice running there)...and I am a real party animal....my party was my cycling and run last night Roll eyes. But, I had a great day regardless...and hearing from my DD was enough for me. Funny story...the first time I saw my Daughters pictures on facebook, I didn't know THAT was MY DD. I was like...WOW, look at that Hawt Girl. Felt really Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed when I realized who it was. I told her about that, and she thought that was hilarious. And boy, some of the provocative pictures she has at facebook... Shocked as a Dad thinking of his little Girl, still being a kiddoe. Slo, hope you can get back to training like you want to soon. Nice intervals Mary Good job and nice pace on the hills, Peter Hi Karin...always nice to see ya here at RA Smile "--I think she going to make a few pilots fly off course" Stumpy...I hate to admit it, but your prolly right Smile fussyrunner, I don't know if I could teach someone how to post pictures...took me like forever to figure it out. I will try when I have more time, OK. Holly helped me, but it was still hard for me to figure out. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I Can Go The Distance

Good morning runners, Tim: Thanks for sharing the pictures of your daughter. She is a very beautiful young woman. I forgot to ask you yesterday; did you know that you share your birthday with Nat King Cole? Pretty cool! Mary: Great job on the intervals. The mistake I usually make with the Garmin is when I want to do a reset. I push the stop button instead of laps and of course the watch starts again. I hate it when that happens. Angry Stumpy: Glad to hear that your recovery is going well and that you will soon be back running. CNYRunner: Could you come to California we need the rain! Hope all goes well with business traveling. I did a medium long run today of 11 miles. My time was 1:53:30-10:20/mi. My next two races are not until June 20th and July 4th, so I am starting a new endurance phase right now. I should get in about 6 weeks of endurance, 4 weeks of stamina (tempo runs and hills) and 6 weeks of speed (intervals). Have a great day everyone, Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano