Masters Running

Monday, 11.2.15 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Congrats to Tet and Robin and Runnerclay on successful races! Did anyone hear from/about Orange Mat? Thanks for tracking Robin, Aamos.

I also don't see the point of DLST anymore.

Congrats, Lamerunner, on another successful Manchester Marathon & Half. I know what you mean about those 'for-profit' races. I've also heard that, overall, the number of people entering races was down in 2014, and is expected to be down again this year. More races + fewer racers = headaches for race directors.

Great photos, Mikltruck & Mike.

No workout. Busy day. Gotta go.

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Sayhey! MM#130

Mornin'

Had a fire drill already.  Way to start Monday.

Well, my condolences to Jlynne and to all who bleed orange and blue this morning.  As for the former, I want whatever Peyton is eating/drinking these days.  As for the latter, I'd have to say the best team won, and there's some justice in that.

Got a side stitch at the end of the race Saturday.  It returned at the end of my run yesterday, well it started creeping in so I ended the run at 12 miles instead of the planned 14, then just did the last 2 in a very slow jog.  Kept it slow this am and managed 7.    Annoying; anyone else ever have this?

I don't like for RDs to have headaches.  Y'all are some of my favorite people!!

And yes indeed, congrats everyone who raced!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

I managed some time on the elliptical today. I have not been able to do any speed work since I went on the DL in September. At this point I think I am healed up enough to give fartleks a shot. So, tomorrow my plan is to turn on the zombie chases in the Zombies Run! app and see what happens.

Yesterday, I managed to get down all of the Halloween decorations that had to come down. A bit sad to see all of the wraiths, bats and skulls back in the basement.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

...mornin' guys........

==============

......got out my Nike Vomero's for the first time,

as a Famous Runner

(Jackie Gleason)

once said...........oooooooooo, How Sweet It Is//////

.50s and drizzle

,,,,,,,,,45-min HH with No Cane, at city park

,,,,,,,,,,going up to Knoxville by myself (my first long drive) Thurs-Fri-Sat

if this works,

gonna hit my
          Favorite Greenway, McFee Park

pick Claire up at school,

and take her to a Horse Riding Lesson (very cool when you're 8-yrsold)

and then

a couple more trips look up Ol' Piejones>>>>>>>>>>YOWZA, Bail Money Appreciated

..............good running guys.........have a Wonderful Week

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Sorry that the Packers and the Mets both lost- back to cheering on the Boston teams.

Way to go TW.

Enjoying our late summer weather. Out for a short run with a few hills and now off to yoga.

Lamerunner's marathon is getting a lot of local coverage about the 50 stater.

Mike E

MM #5615

Yesterday, I managed to get down all of the Halloween decorations that had to come down. A bit sad to see all of the wraiths, bats and skulls back in the basement.

You put everything in your basement?  I just figured you'd have some skeletons in your closet.

Mike E  you and SteveP should get together to write a humor book!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike - 

Still no running for me.  25 minutes on the bike trainer this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

How on EARTH did Claire get to be 8 years old, TW?  =:-o

congrats to Tetsujin!!

3 gentle miles on the track with The Administrators this morning.  Then a gentle 3-mile walk to campus.

I met the univ president on Friday.  Before he came in to the conference room, his assistant offered us sodas and Bubble Yum (he likes that).  Then when he had to delay the meeting a bit longer, the assistant brought out gourmet chocolate malt balls.  So I stuck my gum (discretely) in the wrapper and ate some malt balls...here is a univ president with worse food habits than mine!

Congrats to all the racers this weekend!!

OrangeMat pulled out of NYC awhile back - she is on the injured list

No running for me either Holly - I am giving myself at least 2 weeks after Dublin!! I hit the gym for a 5:30am spin and muscle class then added on a little more strength work after the class - felt good to get in a strong workout and realize how much I need to work on my weak spots (aka my whole body at this point)

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks amy, mike’n all for the NYC updates that seemed to need all sorts of sign-ups, etc. to find out from the NYC web page this year and I’m a non-FB’er too. However, sorry about the stitches/sideaches. It won’t work for you but not running so fast seems to have worked for me for the last 39 years.
                        What has not happened for the first time since 2008 when I completed the 7,000 feet of climbing up the White River 50's two 3,000'+ mountains in the shadow of Mt. Rainier is quads still too sore from the same 7,000 of elevation and descent in Saturday’s Carkeek 12-hour Fun Run to sit down, let alone stand up when I do sit down.  So sore, in fact, I opted to walk this morning’s 5-mile commute instead of having to deal with the extra high stairs up into the bus where I’d have to grab the back rest of any empty seat before collapsing into the seat and then have to do it all over again in reverse.  The walk took about a half hour longer than usual.
                        ps - nice no. 1 pic milkster and very fulfilling account of amy’s no. 1 in the First Leading Ladies Marathon, . . AG no. 1 too but that’s all the time. Congratulations.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Happy no cane work outs for Tom White!!!!

I got out of work in time for a short run!! The flashlight on the phone came in handy as the dog and I bounced down the trails. The darker it got, the closer the dog would get.  Every time we came to a short stretch where there were no leaves, Tag turned to make sure I was still there.

DD#1 sent a picture of Noah headed towards the finish line.

SteveP

moebo

Never made it here yesterday, but I wanted to stop in before I head out to run to the polling station to say congratulations to Robin. I hope you will tell us the whole story!

Aamos, it was a sad day in our house yesterday. BF is from Queens...

Econo, I love malt balls.

Just 3.3 easy miles for me on Monday, hoping to have time for more today. Later!