Masters Running

Happy May Day Runs Daily (Read 501 times)

The Jogger

Morning gang, just went out for a 5 miler, felt a bit tough with the hip but a slight improvement (fingers crossed) 5m 54:47 @ 10:57 pace AHR 154 73% Good Runs All Roy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Rabbit Rabbit! Roy and I started the thread at the same time - well almost -he beat me by one minute so let's use this one! Tongue Nice run Roy - my fingers are crossed for you!! Out for 4.5 miles this morning with Brinkley and my neighbor. Looked over her way and didn't see any lights on, so I thought she was skipping out on me, but she made it. Another sluggish run. Probably a combination of training winding down and cutting calories. Avg. pace 9:55, ahr 167. A little warmer today - 45 degrees compared to yesterday's 28 degrees, so I took my jacket and gloves off at the 1.5 mile mark. Tied it around my waste in honor of Ribs! Smile Wakey wakey everyone!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Morning Roy and Mary! 5 Magical Healing Miles with Tory at 9:53 pace, AHR 140. Nice and cool (42F) again! Have great runs. Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #3309

Yawn.....thanks for the wake up call Mary Smile Work has been off the charts with 12 13 hour days...but have kept my running up. Last night 7 fairly easy miles, but need a break after 5 days running in a row and around 50 miles...will cycle with some roadie buds tonight to rest my running legs. Nice run Roy, and it's great to hear of improvement of your hip....fingers crossed here too Smile Nice run to you too Mary...you sure have a higher AHR girl Smile Glad your neighbor made it to run with you, along with Brinkley. Well, need to get started here at work...super busy again today. Have a wonderful day all. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! {{{Roy’s hip}}} Mary – cutting calories always makes my runs sluggish. Good thing I don’t do it that often… Wink Tim - now that's dedication, to be able to keep up your running when you are working that much. 6.7 easy-paced miles for me today (ave pace 9:49) in 51 degrees. Legs felt good, slightly twingy, but that’s normal. Gotta run now - Happy May Day!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

5 rcv mls. 10:01. HR 124. B.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Good morning, all! Roy - thanks for the kick off - hope the hip continues to improve. Tim - wow! Hope your workload declines to give you a little more breathing room. You're doing great with the running mileage in spite of the job. Twocat - sorry, the frigid weather did reach CT - setting record lows. It was 28 at my house this morning and 26 at the bank down the road. I did my easy 6.75 miles on the toasty treadmill. Even the spring peepers were subdued this morning. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Hill Runner

Happy May Day! Roy, I like your new avatar. 8.05 miles of hills @ 9:04 pace on another picture perfect spring morning. I'll be opening up the pool either this weekend or next depending on the weather so swimming will be back on the schedule in the mornings again.. Enjoy the weather today...

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                  Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                  Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Roy - hope the hip issue just disappears soon. Poof. Nice job keeping up with the miles, Tim. I know that can be tough when it feels like you're always working. Just checked Erika's weather forecast for the rest of the week. Highs in the 50's, low's in the 30's (but above freezing). Wish we could send some sunshine her way - it looks kinda gloomy. A little cold at our place this morning; upper 30's. 6.0 miles at 9:26 pace - we'll call it on-the-speedy-side of GA. That felt good.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

King of PhotoShop

Low 70's here today and I'm on my way out for a short run. Forgot to mention that Twocat had an encouraging run the other day. Hope that calf heals up nicely, and Roy you be careful too with that hip. Breger is really enjoying this coached application of posting tapering isn't he? He is definitely teachable! Forgot to welcome annied the other day. Welcome! Mary, you didn't have to post that. I saw you running with your jacket tied around your waist. Remember, when in doubt, Spareribs sees all, knows all.
                        Sue you must be in the Canadian part of Connecticut! Smile It is a relatively balmy 46 here in the south-west. Alas, no running for me today. I had a cyst taken out of my back yesterday (or the rest of one that was supposedly removed a couple of years ago). The surgeon said no running until Saturday. But starting then I plan to get back my membership in the 40/40 thread! I am pretty psyched about that. I hope everybody else has a good set of runs today.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Bill-Good Luck!!! You've been running very well!!! 5 mile progression run...7:32 avg...AHR 174...Max 199 Shocked
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

GreenMan

Happy Beltane Wrap that maypole tightly. Wow Shocked Gordon, I'll say...199 MaxHR! I would have puked. I've done me stretch and core work, will walk later. Quads almost better. jjj
                            Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                            Mariposai

Happy May Day to ALL. Back to Basics day five...REST (even though I may want to go out and run for freedom because of this: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1314481,00.html?f=rss

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I got boggler's entry--recovery runs! Looks like my pretty red tulip that just poked it way up yesterday will be bidding all adieu and I'll be lucky to fight my way to the gym....here's our forecast: Winter Storm Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 6 PM MDT Friday... Rest of Today Very windy. Rain...snow early in the morning... then snow and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of 2 to 3 inches. Highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 30 to 40 mph. Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue A. The Sox won again, and again in the bottom of the 9th! grins, A
                                Masters 2000 miles