Masters Running

Please....Make it stop ! (Read 221 times)

Slo

Actually I'm the last person that should complain........ I just went into the Kitchenette here at work and guess what ? There are more goodies !! Nuts, Choco covered nuts, Choco covered cherries, Breads, Cakes.......geesh. It's been a constant flow of goodies for the last three weeks. And that is just here at work......there is still all the holiday parties and family gatherings. I've been blessed with a good strong metabolism. But even I have managed to add a few pounds over the last few weeks. Most people think I need to add more....LOL When you think about it......coming off a couple of 40 mile weeks, 6-7 hrs of training each week....probably say 10,000 + calories burnt.......I feel like laughing at 'em when they ask......"What do you have to worry about, your so thin?" Sometimes I just want to say......."What do I have to worry about ?.......Looking like you!" I mean if I can put in hours like that and still gain weight what would I look like if I didn't do all this running? <mmmpph,> Aw, anyway.....I just ate a handful of chocolate covered almonds. I have some leftover Upside Down Pineapple Cake in my lunch today......And why not? I'm looking at another 40 miler this week ! Happy Holidays Everyone and looking forward to joining in your group here. </mmmpph,>

#artbydmcbride

You had me at chocolate covered almonds! Big grin I mean Angry yes it is awful the way the goodies won't stop tempting me!! Cry

Runners run

Marathon Maniac #957

I worked up my courage and threw out the chocolate cream pie I had made for my DH (he got the flu and did not eat any), and today I will throw out what's left of the pumpkin pie, but we still have a New Year's Day dinner planned with relatives, for which I will make even more goodies.... Undecided

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Sometimes I just want to say......."What do I have to worry about ?.......Looking like you!" Happy Holidays Everyone and looking forward to joining in your group here.
          I'm afraid I might just blurt out something like that one day... Tight lipped Welcome to the group, Steve!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I feel like laughing at 'em when they ask......"What do you have to worry about, your so thin?" Sometimes I just want to say......."What do I have to worry about ?.......Looking like you!" I mean if I can put in hours like that and still gain weight what would I look like if I didn't do all this running? <mmmpph,> </mmmpph,>
            Ah, yes. I understand very well. "You're so thin! How do you do it?" "I don't shove food down my pie whole, and I get off my as, uh, rear end and work off what I do eat." Good luck with your 40-mile week, and welcome to RA!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Know just how it is. Our workplace is covered with goodies and the worlds largest hickory farms gift box ever. And there are only 5 of us who work there. We cant give the stuff away fast enough. Keep running. Its the only solution. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.