Masters Running

I ran, I fell, I conquered (Read 55 times)

New skirt in town

An errant Fuel Belt bottle at Mile 17 felled me with a sprained ankle, but I hobbled into Boston after icing and a skillful taping in the med tent. To finish this race, on this day, in this city, was like nothing else. My sprain will heal, just as this city has, and there will be other, faster races for me.

A friend wrote me this poem:

. . .And say 'Yester-morrow was the Boston Marathon'

Then will she strip her shoes and show her scars.

And say 'These wounds I had on Patriot's day. . . '

And runners in Boston now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not there,

And hold their runner-hoods cheap whilst any speaks

That ran with her upon Patriot's day.

My ankle swelling and bruising is subsiding.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

TammyinGP

I'm sorry for your fall and sprain Robin! But like the strong, 'nothing will defeat me' attitude you have, you persevered and finished that race!

I hope you are enjoying your vacation now and not having to hobble around too much . . . oh wait - does your injury bump you to first in line for rides?? that'd be sweet!!

Tammy

Congrats on your finish Robin.    I know you really trained well for this race

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

So sorry, Robin.  Photo-documentation noted.  It was a great day.

FO, one who "ran with her upon Patriot's day."

Mike E

MM #5615

You are one tough cookie!

C-R

A true mind-over-matter effort.

Nice!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

SteveP

Love your determination.

SteveP

Ouch!  You got guts and grit, girlfriend ~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

((Robin))   Heal swiftly and well!

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Persevering on-and-on for almost ten miles over adversity that would DNF almost any other time is a powerful definition of the "Boston Strong" that arose out of last year's events and the tradition of the Boston Marathon means.  Your toughening it out and deez's doing it for the last half are the images I'll have of Boston period, not just the marathon, from now on.

ps - that reddish bruising is even worse than the red lines I get sometimes from wearing thongs that are too tight. I'd like to say do like I do in not wearing thongs for a while but I guess I can't recommend you don't wear shoes.

--Robin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

DrRobin, what a bummer about the sprained ankle.  You are one tough runner to finish well after that.  Congratulations.

TomS

Bushrat Runner

Ouch! Hope that gets better soon.

...rt//.........there are some things worth Taking The Hit..............I'm glad you got to Finish.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....