Masters Running

Hartford Thread (Read 773 times)

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

In an extreme and unusual example of website cooperation and bipartisanship I am starting another Hartford thread for all things related to the Hartford marathon, half-marathon, and 5k. http://www.hartfordmarathon.com/marathonnew.htm The date is Saturday, Oct 11th. Who's in? There will be a Friday evening meet up for dinner with lively debate over whether a beer is proper day before carbo loading (place TBD). Who's in? Saturday post race there will be a meet up at City Steam Brewery, 942 Main St, just a few blocks from race central. 1PM seemed to work well in the past. Who's in? http://www.citysteambrewerycafe.com/ The "other" thread. http://www.kickrunners.com/forum//showthread.php?t=36010 Craig

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Hey Pro! I'm planning on running it too. We're driving down Friday evening, but haven't booked a room yet (any suggestions?). Craig
      -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
      also on Twitter
        Way to go Pro....from Colorado to Minnesota and on to Hartford! Wink Count me in. I am planning to run the 5k with my son and cheer for some of my training partners and all Kickster--Master---Boomer---AHeaders who can bear it. I can't make dinner the night beforehand, but will be there for lunch. I am also happy to help along the course if there is a group aid station in the works. The YMCA in the Civic Center has fabulous facilities if anyone needs a place for changing, showering, pre and post-race ablutions etc. Last year I was one of three people in there after the marathon and they can handle quite a crowd. Spread the word. Thanks Pro! CNYrunner
          Count me in. I am planning to run the 5k with my son and cheer for some of my training partners and all Kickster--Master---Boomer---AHeaders who can bear it. I can't make dinner the night beforehand, but will be there for lunch. I am also happy to help along the course if there is a group aid station in the works.
          Very cool. CNY is coming to CT! I will be manning the aid station on the marathon course at the out/back on Main St, South Windsor (until I meet up with y'all at CitySteam for drinks and stories of great feats of strength and great pain/suffering...ha) probably around mile 8.5/14.5-Chapel Street. I'll take orders from the various attendees once it gets closer. Hally and the Pro usually are downtown around mile 20 for the final 10K, but with the course changes, I think the 20 mile mark is on the bridge back to Hartford.. http://www.hartfordmarathon.com/marathonnew/race_information/marathon/coursemap.htm So, who's manning the 20-21 mile aid station??
            The YMCA in the Civic Center has fabulous facilities if anyone needs a place for changing, showering, pre and post-race ablutions etc. Last year I was one of three people in there after the marathon and they can handle quite a crowd. Spread the word.
            I have no plans to run at Hartford but count me in for a shower with CNY. Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
              YMCA! not the Baths of Caracalla! I know you are loving this Latin class and all... They are really nice facilities she says while wiping the coffee off her computer screen Blush
                So Karin, will you be tellin' us who the other 2 were in there with you last year?
                Masters 2000 miles
                  Nope, Nada, Zilch Evil grin Back to business.....I'll be happy to help at the 9/13 mark dtoce or at the 20/21 mile mark. I remember the spot well!
                    Nope, Nada, Zilch Evil grin Back to business.....I'll be happy to help at the 9/13 mark dtoce or at the 20/21 mile mark. I remember the spot well!
                    Either would be greta! But, it's probably easier to stay downtown since the 5K is a loop downtown...(I ran it last year) and then you can easily get down to the 20/21 mile aid station for encouragements. I will plan to wrap up the 9/13 station and head downtown after the last peeps pass me. You may want to wear earplugs...hally/barb says I'm 'loud'...
                      Cool....sounds like a plan dtoce! This will be exciting. No worries on the ear plugs. I am a hockey mom (chapstick--not lipstick). I get too enthusiastic sometimes though, Just ask the runners in the 2007 Boston marathon who came by me at the mile 12 water stop. I kept dousing them with water as I clapped---forgetting the BAA instructions about balancing the water cup on my fingertips at the end of my outstretched hand. Until soon! Karin
                        The date is Saturday, Oct 11th. Who's in?
                        Must you remind me at ever turn that we're not going to Hartford??? Sad Tongue

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

LOOOUUU! PDRRRRR! Sorry to hear you won't make it this year. I'm gonna run - very slowly. But I'll be pacing two marathon rookies - can I introduce them to my imaginary friends?
                          wildchild

Carolyn

PBJ, Yes, you can introduce them if they're over 40! This is a masters forum, you know. Wink

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Head Procrastinator

Either would be greta! But, it's probably easier to stay downtown since the 5K is a loop downtown...(I ran it last year) and then you can easily get down to the 20/21 mile aid station for encouragements. I will plan to wrap up the 9/13 station and head downtown after the last peeps pass me. You may want to wear earplugs...hally/barb says I'm 'loud'...
                              Eh? Can't hear anymore out of my right ear. <snork> </snork>
                              ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

Head Procrastinator

PBJ, Yes, you can introduce them if they're over 40! This is a masters forum, you know. Wink
                                Hey PBJ, are the PBJster's gonna come too? Would love to see them and Long Suffering! And you of course.
                                ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats