Masters Running

It's Thurs Mar 13 Masters Runs (Read 537 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang Mary / Sue, I love this new 305 still only using it for the basics but the accuracy on the HR monitor is spot on. Doug today I ran 3.00000 miles Smile Spareribs, I'm feeling good, thanks, will get the checks done anyway but was reading an interesting article on getting dizzy on front of monitors, I spend too much time on this thing. I also need to get new specs. Bob, I've altered the speed sessions, as in not doing speed but will do distance. Also I will have a better taper over 2 weeks instead of 1 week. Oh, the run Smile Another 3m 29:53 @ 09:58 AHR 147 68% My HR percentages lately are beginning to improve and my running is feeling good Smile Good Runs All Roy
      Nice run, Roy. We'll make you a metrics junkie in no time. I suggest downloading sporttracks from http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/ as a secondary place to store your runs. You'll continue to need training center, at least if you want to set up any advanced workouts (e.g., interval training). Of course you should log them here as well (I download to TC and SportTracks, then file my run in my excel sheet, then file my run in the RA training log for good measure). After working late and getting to sleep too late, I got out of bed at 3:15 after waking up at 2:30, to prepare for my 12 miler to start at 4:15. After a bit, I decided for this one day only, I needed sleep more than I needed my run. I think that's ok. Have a great run everyone!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Life sort of got in the way of my planned 10-miler this morning as I had to spend some time making travel arrangements to fly back to Wisconsin tomorrow for a family funeral this weekend. My aunt was diagnosed with advanced bone cancer 2 weeks ago and passed away last night. My cousin and I were very best friends as kids and this aunt was like a second mom to me. It's been a tough two weeks for their family, and I'm glad that Lou and I will be able to make the trip. Anyhoo, i traded 10 easy miles for 7 hard ones in 1:02:47, 8:58 pace. I haven't been doing much speedwork lately, trying to be extra cautious about injury, so I was pleased with this workout. I probably got more out of it than another slow 10 miler. Looks like we'll be trying to find somewhere to run 20 miles in Racine Wisconsin on Sunday.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

The Jogger

Thanks for the tips Lou and I think you made the right decision. Good run PDR. Sorry to hear about your aunt, it's hard losing someone so close. My thoughts are with you all. Roy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh my Roy - at first glance I thought you were posting a 3 Thousand mile run!! Surprised Well, guess who went running with me this morning??? My were we ever speedy!! Mile 1 - Okay gotta go gotta stretch my legs mom - 9:09 m/m Shocked Mile 2 - Man this feel so good - oh wait - what it that in the middle of the road? A dead opposum?? Can I smell it, can I - can I?? Well - okay let's see if you can run sideways for a couple of minutes anyway. 9:27 m/m Mile 3 - I'll let you set the pace this time - well, wait - there is something on the path lets do a Fartlek - oh man, it is just a plastic bag. 9:48 m/m Mile .75 - Boy this has been fun mom - so happy you took me along - I'll slow down a little for you now. Oh wow - something just crossed the road into the woods - another Fartlek!! YeeHa!!!! 9:52 m/m Overall 3.75 miles - 9:33 average pace - 165 avg. HR - One Happy Brinkley!! Cheers! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Please forgive me for breaking the rules.... My run yesterday was anything but cracking...but it was a struggling slow 6 miler at 10:31 pace. However, taking Tall's advice...it still was a beautiful run. Maybe not cracking...but beautiful. About MaryAnn....I believe it was medicinal pot the professor had been cultivating for, well, medicinal purposes. Anyway, that's what I'm gonna believe. I was all about MaryAnn! Wink You Masters have got some great runs going on. And good luck to Tall and the others who are racing this weekend.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #3309

Morning all Smile Glad you are enjoying your 305 Roy....and most importantly, glad you are feeling well. WRFB...wow, getting up at 3:15 to prepare for a 12 miler Shocked Probably was best to pass on the run and wait till you are more rested....there is always the next day huh? Sorry about your aunt Predawn...be careful on your trip and hope you find a nice route for your 20 miler, which I don't feel will be hard in Wisconsin. Nice speedy 7 miler too, I imagine that speed work did do more for you than a slower longer run. Nice run Mary, and funny commentary...sounded like a really neat run...I still have a smile on my face Smile evryday...your not breaking any rules posting yesterdays run....I do it all the time because of how late I finish the night before and by the time I clean up and eat, it's really to late to post on the daily thread. Way to tough it out on your run!!! I preferred Mary Ann over Ginger also Big grin More of a pretty down to earth woman, compared to a high maintenance movie star type. I had a couple of roadie buddies call and ask me to ride with them last night, I figured my running legs needed a break anyways. I was curious how I would ride because it's been a couple of months since I have road....at least outside. The 2 friends just got back from Florida at a cycling boot camp where they road 1000 miles in 2 weeks, so they were ready to hammer this ride. We road 42 miles...all the day light would allow, and when I got home my computer showed a 22.3 mph ave for the ride which I thought was good this time of the year....yeah, we really really pushed it as my buds tried to drop me, but never did. I don't think they know how good of shape I'm in with all the miles I have been running Smile Have to admit I enjoyed the ride, but missed running. Have a wonderful day and runs all, Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

PDR - I am so sorry to read the news of your Aunt. That is nice that you and Lou will be ale to travel for the funeral - your cousin will appreciate your love and support. Lou - I agree, you needed the rest more than the run today. Nice bike ride last night Tim! I'm trying to figure out a way to ride my bike to work when the weather breaks more, but there really isn't a safe route here. Sad Evryday - as long as you enjoyed your run, that is all that matters!! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

SteveP

Our heat felt sympathy PDR. Times like this, being near family and freinds is healing.

SteveP

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Fun reading this morning, everyone seems so pumped! (except PDR's situation, so sorry to hear about your Aunt) Roy wrote...My HR percentages lately are beginning to improve and my running is feeling good That's great! Lou, Lou, Lou, suck it up man... (jk and running away fast Big grin ) Brinkley sure had a nice run, we'll call him "pacer dog" Much better night sleep last night with the cold getting better (again?). 6 Magical Healing Miles with Tory in 59:10 (9:52, AHR 141).. 35F this morning but rising to 70's today! Yahoo! Have great runs! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Good morning, all! Roy - so happy to hear you are enjoying your new 305. It's always good to see the heart rate parameters improving. That's one of the things that continues to amaze me as well. Mary - sounds like Brinkley had a fine run this morning and just took you along for the ride. {{{{{{{{{{{{PDR and family}}}}}}}}}}}} evryday - speaking of pot - did anyone see the article about salvia being the new "pot". Apparently it has mild hallucinogenic properties, and some states are already making the planting of it illegal. Do people go out in their gardens and say, hey I'll eat some ornamental plant and see what happens? No running again this morning. Had to have Jesse at the vet's office by 7:30 and didn't have time for a run. Yoga scheduled for noon. Jesse flunked her really reliable recall (RRR) race last night. We were doing paired heats, and Jesse, being a herder, decided to herd the dog in the next lane rather than come to me. I don't think she ever heard me call her after the other dog started running. She did excel in the trick competition. She falls "dead" when I point my finger at her and say "bang". Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

King of PhotoShop

PDR and Lou, very sorry for your loss. Travel safely. Getaway day for me. Thanks to Aamos I learned that dive works on the ferry I am taking back to Seattle. I have his contact info and will call him in advance next trip. Would be great to meet him. That ferry is humongous too. Hi Arf! I am just working the morning here so expect to be home by dinner time. Can't wait to run some tomorrow. Spareribs
                            Mary: I'm not sure who was taking who along for the run. Sounds like you were certainly not the pace-setter. Tim: A heck of a ride for this early in the season. I'm almost afraid to try my bike since I'm not sure if it will aggravate my injury. I've been figuring if I can't run I can always ride, but if I can't do either then I'll really be bummed. I was planning for a week-long cycle trip over on the west side of the state in July, but have to hold off on signing up until I'm sure I'll be OK. Roy: Actually, how come you run in miles and not km? Are you the last holdout over there for using what we still call the English system over here? PDR: Sorry for your loss. And have a safe trip. Supposed to have been a sleep-in day for me today, but I forgot to turn off the alarm and was up early with not much to do. So an early arrival at work and time to surf my favorite running forums. Big grin

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Smile
                                Sorry - figers moving too quickly this morning. 7.5 miles in 64:30 followed by 10 minutes of jumping rope. It felt good to have a little sproink in the legs, and it's always mahvelous to be running outside. Ahh...spring in Wisconsin. Passed a kid walking to school this morning wearing shorts (it's 33F here) and eating a sucker. That was topped by his crossing guard who was wearing a full body pink bunny suit! The only downside to the run was the idiot teenager who sped up to drive through a pile of slush (it snowed here last night) thoroughly soaking me in the process. If I wasn't such a lady, I might have had to use a gesture to tell him what I was thinking! Roy - glad you're getting good use out of your new Garmin. Mary - Brinkley must have been one happy dog! Did you see your killer squirrel on the run this morning? PDR, sorry to hear about your aunt. It's good you will get to be with your family. I'm anxious to hear if Holly's house is sold. Good runs, everyone. Jeanne