Masters Running

FEBRUARY Planks! 2/21-2/28 (Read 16 times)

TammyinGP

Almost done folks! One more week so let's make it count!

for this last week do prone and side planks for 1:30 and :45 respectively (1:30 prone plank and :45 seconds on each side).

Then let's throw some crunches in there too. If you don't normally do crunches, just do about 25-30 crunches. If you are Mike and do several hundred each day anyways, well, you already have a core of steel, so not sure how to challenge you. Maybe strap a 20 lb weight on your stomach and do your crunches like that. . . . Joking

I know we are all getting burned out on planks, but let's stick with it for 7 more days and then I'm sure JeffDonahue will have something new, exciting and motivating for us starting in March  Cool

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Dang!  I already did 1:00 prone and :30 each side and 2 x 10 each side GBM...and 200 crunches....hold on....okay...I did another 1:30 prone and :45 each side...and another 100 crunches.  I hope you're happy.

Actually...after thinking about this in the shower...I don't really do "crunches".  I do a kind of sit-up where I curl up part way without coming all the way off the floor.  Tomorrow, I'll start adding 30 actual crunches to my routine.  I do them lying on my back with my legs on a bench and my hands behind my head then bring my elbows up to my knees.  Ooh...they burn.  I haven't done those for a long time.  Thanks, Tammy!  Yeah...thanks a lot!

Marathon Maniac #957

Dang!  I already did 1:00 prone and :30 each side and 2 x 10 each side GBM...and 200 crunches

Me. too!  Okay, I actually only did 100 crunches, but it was close, right?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I finally resumed the planks this morning, so can I come back here? Taking it very easy and conservative, so I don't risk messing up my back again. Only 4 minutes total, just prone and side, nothing fancy.

Mike E

MM #5615

1:30 prone

:45 right

:45 left

30 crunches

TammyinGP

30 crunches

you are kidding me right?  Joking

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

you are kidding me right?  Joking

Didn't you say to do 25-30 crunches?  I did my regular 200 sit-ups, too.  Geeze...isn't that enough?

TammyinGP

okay, just making sure you did your normal couple hundred too Wink. I didn't want you to decrease what you were doing.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Whew!

Mike E

MM #5615

So...my core workout for today...

100 bicycle crunches

30 bench crunches

(Then I ran)

100 sit ups

Before every run, I go through a series of warm up exercise that include 100 bicycle crunches, then after every run, I cool down with stretches and 100 sit ups.  Since that is what I always do, I never included those in my "challenge report"...those were just extra...and I like them.

TammyinGP

i like that you included those in your core workout, even if they aren't part of the challenge. It's motivating Mike!

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

2 x 100 bicycle crunches

30 bench crunches

(Run 24.2 miles)

2 x 50 sit ups

30 more bench crunches just to show off...

TammyinGP

25 crunches.

I was a coreslacker this wknd Roll eyes

so will repeat the above this evening and do around 50 crunches.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey, me too!

today, anyway....

60 second prone

30 sec on each side

20 on each leg of whatever those things from last week were called.

Darn, should have read this week's challenge first.

I am so last week.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

2 x 100 bicycle crunches

30 bench crunches

(run 4.1 miles)

2 x 50 sit ups

30 bench crunches

tax appointment!