Masters Running

Saturday 10.10 (Read 34 times)

mrrun

Just starting the daily!

Good luck long w/e racers - lots going on and 2 are probably en route right now

haven't run yet, but went out at jay o'clock to look at moon, mars, venus & jupiter

marj

Hello, anybody in here?  Man just 6 posts yesterday!?  I went off for a short run this morning.  I am not sure it went as well as I needed it to.  I sure hope I do not need more time off.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

..I think we're the only 6-posters left twocat///////

The Zombies have Eaten Everyone Else's Brains

============

except the California Zombies who are Probably Vegan

.....45-min PoolRun...................IT WAS WONDERFUL

'til I tried to put on my Sock.............imagine your foot about a mile away from where you have your sock

You get the picture

.....Luckily I have come back from a few early runs with only One Sock

.................good running RA Zombie Survivors..................try to have Blank Expressions

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Just a 5k around the lake for me. No zombies that I noticed.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

New skirt in town

10 miles this morning at marathon pace. I sure hope that pace feels easier after my taper!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Henrun

Went out for a short bike ride with Marj to Fenway Park where the're mounting lights for tonigh's Illuminus light show which we'll try to catch. Not sure if I'll run today-I've been overdoing it and felt a slight twitch in my L knee yesterday. Perhaps another rest day is called for.

Note o Ribs: Rangers are playing good baseball and the Jays' pitching isn't that great especially since the've been depending on the long ball, which they're not getting.

King of PhotoShop

Henry, the Jays aren't getting the long ball because the Rangers are pitching their ground ball guys.  Derek Holland, who would normally start game three, gets his outs on fly balls. They'll start Martin Perez in Game 3, as most of his outs are ground balls.

4+ easy miles just to get my 35 in for the week. I think 8 tomorrow at the lake, then watching football and baseball all day.  Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanx and a tip o' the hat, marj.

Happy marathoning today

Is wildchild's 8.5 triple really a mathematical 25.5 miler?

. . . 10/10 evanflein - Freedom's Run Marathon, WV
                  . . . 10/10 Holly S - Freedom's Run Marathon, WV
                  . . . 10/10 wildchild - Colo. Masters Triple Cross 8.5 mile trail run, Lakewood CO

Broke a 28-year old vow made during the Ironman Japan in 1987 in a steady monsoon never to cycle in the rain again.  However, realizing the weight-control benefits of cycling from a couple training rides for this year’s annual triathlon in August and secretly admiring all the inveterate year-round bicycle commuting even in the most inclement winter weather of the PNW, I donned rain gear for a five-mile out-and-back.  Unfortunately, the cloud cover broke up on the way back.  oh well.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I've been AWOL since Monday as I've been in Ludington visiting my mother, sister, and brother in law.  I did get in a couple of 5 mile runs.

tet, nice marathoning.  Aamos, sorry to hear about the fall.  I hope you're recovered.  enke, fast healing wishes for BE.  Holly, sorry about Dexter.  I hope his surgery goes well.  I remember you writing about him when your family first got him.  I recall your daughter putting him and the cat in a basket together to teach them to get along.  fatozzig, I hope you and your husband have a good time in Zimbabwe.  I'll be anxious to hear about your experiences.  Mike, sorry to hear about Eric's car accident.  I hope things turned out ok.

Nice long runs for ribs, Mike, and DrRobin.

This morning, ii was about 40° and it was almost calm.  I got in 6 miles at an 11:01 pace.  I thought I was poking along and expected a pace of 11:30+.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Just checking in to let y'all know that I have a small amount of brain material left, which I will happily share to get the post totals over 6 for today!

Good luck to Holly and Erika - I suspect they're done by now and enjoying a post-race (fill in the blank here) beer/wine/lunch.

Hope Leslie made it okay and still has her money tucked someplace safe.

How's the Saint feeling Ribs?

Glad you're back to some of your old activities Tom. Keep it up!

Only 3 miles early this morning. And yes Marj - that was a spectacular sky at Jay O'clock! Then off to farmer's market for squash, Brussels sprouts, corn, beans, cauliflower, broccoli and pumpkins. We always have a family dinner some time close to Halloween that involves a pumpkin carving contest. Grandma also had to find some little ones for the kids to decorate. All totaled, I ended up spending almost $20 on pumpkins!  Now I'm on my way to GS#1's birthday party at a local bowling alley. Will turns 6 next week. Last night, I went back and looked at our pictures taken right after he was born, before his open heart surgery. You could hardly see him because his body was completely surrounded by IV's, monitors, tubes and other assorted NICU supplies. We are so blessed he is a healthy, happy (for the most part ) little boy.

The weather here is beyond perfect today, and the colors are peaking right now. After the party, I'm going to head out on one of our local trails to take some pictures.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well!

moebo

Hello and happy weekend! I made the 3+-hour trek to NH again this morning, so no running today. The gorgeous weather we are having makes me wish I were out doing something but my BF has a sore knee so I am keeping him company at home today, doing odd jobs around the house.

I have not seen any zombies lately, but I did see The Martian last night. I enjoyed it (even if, as BF put it, "They play a little fast and loose with the laws of physics.")! As DD put it, that Matt Damon sure is easy on the eyes...

It's too late to wish the racers good luck, so I will just say I am looking forward to hearing how it went.

Later!

pfriese

Afternoon all.

Week 3 marathon training with a beautiful morning for a 15 mile run with the running club.

Have a great weekend.

Paul

Found a nice hilly 2-mile loop to run in my new neighborhood.  As I have verrrry little brain material left, I ran even though my ankle muscle was out of whack, making my foot slap the pavement loudly with each step.  :/

wildchild

Carolyn

I had a good race this morning, and won my AG (out of 2!)  The triple cross in the race name refers to crossing Bear Creek 3 times - actually that's just on the outbound trail, and you cross 3 more times on the way back to the finish!  A fun race on a pretty trail.  The water wasn't as deep as last year, only mid shin to knee deep.  Last year it came up to the bottom of my shorts!

Hope Holly and Erika did well at the marathon today!  Also, CNYrunner and Heme ran the Chicago Marathon today - hope they check in!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Henrun

I have not seen any zombies lately, but I did see The Martian last night. I enjoyed it (even if, as BF put it, "They play a little fast and loose with the laws of physics.")! As DD put it, that Matt Damon sure is easy on the eyes...

It's too late to wish the racers good luck, so I will just say I am looking forward to hearing how it went.

Later!

Several years ago we ran a local Turkey Trot with Matt Damon and his father. He beat both of us.