Masters Running

The marathon where I hit my head on a bridge (Read 385 times)

xor

Here is my report for the Tri-Cities Marathon on 10/26. I hit my head on a bridge and little cartoon birds flew around it for a few seconds. The Tri-Cities are three little cities (or big towns) in eastern Washington State: Richland, Pasco, and Kennewick. Alright then.

Mariposai

Inspirational as always. I listened to this on my run yesterday and I thought of you and many others who run for "life". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgiwrvEX8wY&feature=related Thanks for sharing your experience with us all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

#artbydmcbride

{{{srlopez}}} Skinned knees are sexy. Smile You even made your estimated finish time, hitting your head and fighting a stiff wind, great job!

Runners run

I liked the pretty bridges. But ARE YOU OK??? Guess so. So after your 50th state, what then?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

That was some real gnarly running girl racing! Well done!
            Masters 2000 miles
              I liked the pretty bridges. But ARE YOU OK??? Guess so. So after your 50th state, what then?
              Wanna do the provinces with me? Cool
              Masters 2000 miles
              xor

I dunno. With luck, #50 will be on April 11th. I'll get to 200 total (maybe 220ish) before I land my 50th state. I liked the pretty bridges too. Which is good because I stared at them for a looooong time.

xor

{{{srlopez}}} Skinned knees are sexy. Smile You even made your estimated finish time, hitting your head and fighting a stiff wind, great job!
                  Thanks. I didn't skin my knee this time. I did make my time, so woohoo for that. On this day. Didn't go so well in my next race in beautiful new hampshire. LIVE FREE OR DIE!

wildchild

Carolyn

I visited a friend in Richland once and thought it was bleak, ugly country. I can' t imagine that running a marathon there would be fun or scenic, especially on a windy day. So you get extra points for gettin-er-done! Sorry to hear about the head bump - what was with the two women who stopped to "help" and didn't even turn down their music? Glad you're OK.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

For falling, smacking your head on a bridge, and dealing with wind, you sure did well, sr. Congrats on a fine race meeting your goal. TomS
                      Tramps

Ouch. As a general rule, it is never good to "ricochet" off your head. Glad you weren't seriously hurt. Good job finishing well. I look forward to hearing about Manchester; I know the town well.

Be safe. Be kind.

Nice racing sr. Very entertaining RR....I, too, liked the bridges. Sorry about your close encounter with one.
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          xor

Thanks, folks. As for Richland not being especially beautiful, it has its own charm kind of like the area around Yakima. I spent many years of my life in Lubbock, Texas (go Tech!). Richland is lush in comparison. Same wind, though. Tramps: my Manchester report won't be one of my more creative entries. It was a fairly good race, and lots of fast people showed up. An 81 year old guy beat me. Pretty cool. But no great stories.

Bravo, Pink Guy! Fun to read, as always...glad to hear that the test results are good. 49th state; Cool!!! I mean, 50-staters are pretty geeky as a rule (I should talk), but accomplishing that feat will be very cool.
                                50-staters are pretty geeky as a rule (I should talk)
                                Econo, you are a geek, but a cute geek. srlopez, way to use your head. Dark Horse
                                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.