Masters Running

BOSTON RUNNERS (Read 136 times)

TammyinGP

is louise out there with Ribs? anyone know how to reach her via phone/text? Ribs, Ilene and Denise were fairly close to finishing when this happened. They were rerouted obviously, but would like to know they are all okay and hopefully together somewhere?

Tammy

Mariposai

Tammy, I have to go back to work where I will be away from the computer. Do you mind copying my list and updating it for us as information comes in?

Are you guys are shaking all over as I am? What a devastating tragedy.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

This is exactly where the PBJ family watches the race.  Fate intervened with my lung infection, and we didn't go this year.  Very scary stuff.

Hope everyone else is okay... Ribs?

I haven't been on RA in, like, forever. Just started running again and just peeked back in on the forum last night.

Just wanted to drop by and share my prayers for everyone in Boston this afternoon. Just thinking about this wonderful race has always made me cry, although for very different reasons before today.

Will be dedicating my 2-ish miles tonight to everyone's safety and healing and to peace.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

C-R

Horrible. Just horrible. Prayers for all in Boston.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Maniac 505

this is unbelievably horrible.  anxiously waiting for all to check in.

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Thinking of everyone at Boston: spectators, runners, frens, strangers.

Marathon Maniac #957

My DH just called and I pulled up the news - how awful!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Oh My Gosh..

SteveP

Mariposai

According to Hally, The Saint thinks that the explosion happened before he got to the finish line, but no official word yet.

I texted deez4boys, no words yet.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

FYI, TriBee and I are back at the hotel, safe.  Don't know any more than they're covering on the news.

I do know that the race is cancelled; totally shut down

Be safe. Be kind.

aka FlyingFinn

This is horrifying. My heart aches for Boston and my prayers go out for those injured.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

TammyinGP

According to Hally, The Saint thinks that the explosion happened before he got to the finish line, but no official word yet.

I texted deez4boys, no words yet.

when I pulled up Ribs tracking, he looked like he, denise and ilene were maybe 2K-5K from the finish yet? I'm hoping that's accurate because that would have put them far enough away that they would have just been re-routed and perhaps not even heard what was happening.

Tammy

TammyinGP

updating:

bhearn -

WaltRB : checked in here.

Winejunky: checked in on FB

Tramps : checked in.okay.

TwoCat: checked in on FaceBook

Mainerunnah

willrunforbeer: checked in

jjchaney: 

Rtravers  reported being OK on FB

PeterNC:  he checked in on FB.

predawnrunner: checked in

Tammy

OMG!!!!  This is terrible.  Both Robin and my other friend Donna both crossed the finish just under 4 hours.

Hoping for the best......

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!