Masters Running

Wednesday Daily, 10.17.12 (Read 370 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' all.

Twocat must really be sleeping in today!

Congrats on the new grandbaby, Paavo - Jocelyn Rae is gorgeous!

Congrats on earning your half-fanatic stripes, Tammy! Nicely done.

Very tough night for DD #2, Steve. I also hope she doesn't second-guess herself. There's no time to think in those situations.

Starr, I'm sorry your mom is going through some tough times. I'm sure she's glad to know you are looking out for her.

Speaking of seasonal transitions, it was 20 degrees cooler here this morning than yesterday, with the temp at 36 and a breeze from the west. I did a .5 mile warm-up, ran for 2.5 miles, and then walked a mile + to complete my 4.2 mile workout. I'm always amazed at how much more quickly my body warms up when I run than when I racewalk. I feel like I'm working pretty hard (unless it's an easy day) when I racewalk, but it just takes longer to get the body's furnace cranking. Maybe it is the extra effort to get this ole' body off the ground with each stride when I run? I dunno.

Enjoy!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Jay, it takes a lot longer for me to warm up in the cold weather in general. No sure why so different between running and race walking.

Starr, sorry to hear what your mother's going through. And I'm sure you can get your 5K time down close to 30 minutes, but maybe not as soon as you'd like, especially with what you're dealing with lately.

Steve, a woman in this area was killed the other day when she got out of her car at an accident scene to try to help another driver. I know it seems like the right thing to do, but you just never know what might happen.

I had to decide today between biking and running, but with the wind scheduled to pick up as the day goes on, running looks like the better choice. So I'll head out to the park to meet up with a couple other guys and do a 6-mile lap of the lake. See you later!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Tramps

Congrats to Grandma Paavo.  Cute pics.

Jay—did you feel the earthquake yesterday?

Awesome autumn weather continues for an EZ5.

Be safe. Be kind.

5 miles with my running partner chasing me...Congrats on the grandbaby Paavo...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          Mariposai

Congrats to abuelita Paavo and Grandpa and Grandma Beers.

Another great run winder sparkling stars and crunchy autumn leaves. 5 easy miles plus some upper body XT.

Off to Wenatchee for the day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

GrandBabies are TheBest//...............enjoy GrannyPaavo.......

==========

..28min poolrun

followed by PT

...told  her about

my SartoriusMuscle Theory

http://dmmassage.com/?p=758

all the pains

including InnerThighCrampFromHell

seem

to fit this

so

we're adding wall-squats to the toe-raises

and she agreed cinching off the top and side before ''running'' was worth a shot.

I hope we're onto something here.

............................good running guys.................MindYerSartorius

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

Mike E Thanks for sharing your story.

An easy 5 this am. Maybe more this evening...don't know.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hi Peeps!

I dragged my getting bigger by the day ass out of bed this morning and did 3 miles with Brinkley.   It was pretty strange becuase it was lightly raining on us, but the sky was full of stars.    Quite windy too which gave it that spooky October fall feeling.     I didn't get to run at all last weekend because it rained constantly.    Life has been busy, work is getting a bit busier too, so I guess that is all good.    Sunday my new puppy arrives!!!!

I was going to post a picture, but I can't - anyone else experiencing that problem?

Congratulations Grandma Paavo!    ETA:  I just went back and saw her pictures and she is beautiful!!

Doug - I second the recommendation for the movie Argo!   I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.   

Starr - I am sorry your mom is having memory problems.   

I hope everyoneelse  is doing well.   I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Many of you will remember Mustang Sally and her mom -  both of whom are Triathletes.  I hope I'm not letting anything out of the bag that they're trying to keep quiet about.  But ...

They are both in Auckland, New Zealand where this weekend they will compete in the 2012 ITU Age Group World Triathlon Championships as AG Team members of Team Canada.

How kewl is that!  Smile

And on the heals of this athletic awesomeness, I post my measly 9 mile run this morning at a glacial 9:35 pace.  Joking

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

They are both in Auckland, New Zealand where this weekend they will compete in the 2012 ITU Age Group World Triathlon Championships as AG Team members of Team Canada.

How kewl is that!  Smile 

That's fantastic cool. no wonder we're missing mustang.

Being competitive in triathons nowadays requires a massive commitment, especially in Canada where Olympic champions are born and compete right there in Victoria.  My friend made it down there on the U.S. team once in the run/bike duathlon but, even then, triathons were way too prohibitively competitive. Please keep providing updates, photos, etc. to their enthralled admirers.  wow! 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

aka FlyingFinn

Good afternoon all.

Sorry to hear about your mom, Starr.

Thanks for all the comments about Jocelyn. Yes, she's pretty sweet. Smile

She's not being discharged until 6pm so I'm heading over to the hospital now for a visit. I may or may not have time to squeeze in a run before fencing class tonight. I know afterwards I won't have the energy.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

It turned out to be a gorgeous, warm day, especially with all the leaves in their full autumnal glory. Ran 6 miles with a couple friends and then went out for a late breakfast. The one thing that would cap off the day would be the Tigers completing a sweep tonight.

Where is everybody today?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!  Went to the grocery store after work and then cooked down the carcass from chicken dinner for a soup base.  Now cleaning up and getting ready to read for a few minutes.  How quickly the days goes.

6.5 miles this morning in a lovely 55 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

cooked down the carcass from chicken dinner for a soup base. 

It sounds like what Rhoonie woud be doing. 

What did you do with Erika up there?

Did you slaughter it yoursefl?

no wonder I love running so much.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody--

I just thought I'd drop in real quick.  I went for 6.3 miles tonight and 10.2 miles, last night.

Congratulations on the new granddaughter, Paavo.  That was a great picture!  Which reminded me...I never posted any pictures of my latest granddaughters.

This was taken when they were 3 days old...

I like this one...I think he'll be a pretty good dad.

Okay--that's it.  Gotta go.

Oh--hey--my friend, Joe, went through surgery and did great.  The doctors were amazed at healthy he is and how well the surgery went.  Just thought I'd pass that on.