Masters Running

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon 2016 (Read 51 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey folks, I am looking at house rentals for the marathon weekend.  Who is interested in staying there?  I know Aamos is coming up, and I am bringing my friend Carissa.  Carissa and I will likely arrive Saturday afternoon, stay Sat. and Sun. night and leave Monday, but I am waiting on confirmation from her.  I would rather come up Friday, but I don't think Carissa can get the extra day off.

Anyway, let me know if anyone else is interested in crashing at the party pad going in on a rental.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

We might but we don't know for sure when we'll get there. We do have to leave right after the marathon to drive to Minneapolis for DH's conference that starts later that afternoon/evening.

Dave59

Be glad I'm not coming. It was 140° the 2 times I tried to run that race. I'm a Green Bay weather jinx.

Sayhey! MM#130

Sounds as if someone needs some arm twisting!  C'mon Dave!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Be glad I'm not coming. It was 140° the 2 times I tried to run that race. I'm a Green Bay weather jinx.

Nah - it wasn't 140°  It was only 100, but the humidity was really high  Come on Dave! You know you want to give this race one more shot!

Can't tell you how excited I am to have all of you coming to Green Bay. I wish I had a bigger house so y'all could sleep here. I CAN plan a nice meetup/party at my house before the race though. And if I can offer any help or suggestions on things to do, places to go etc. let me know. And Holly? There are a string of homes across the street from Lambeau Field that they rent out during Packer season. This is also like you walk out the door to these places and you're at the race start. I'm not sure how much they get but it would be a convenient place to stay.

Sayhey! MM#130

Jlynne, come stay with us!

Slo

Hey

I'm going to be in Green Bay this weekend !

Great choice on the Marathon Holly. It's small but has a big time feel. Logistics are very easy and the town really comes out to support this event.

And meeting Jlynne and family is a must!

Hey

I'm going to be in Green Bay this weekend !

Are you going to the Packer game?!! Bring your rainsuit/snowsuit. The forecast does not look like good "sitting outside in December watching a football game" kind of weather

On a happier note, when do you get to town - and can we meet you somewhere for a beer?

Slo

Well, when I bought the tickets back in September I wasn't expecting the best of weather but rain wasn't even a consideration. I suppose it's all part of the Lambeau experience.

I'll drop you my number in a PM. We will arrive Mid Afternoon on Saturday. 3 couples...You already met my Brother and Sister In Law from the Hotter Than Hell Cellcom marathon...lol. (We'll keep blaming it on Dave)

Are you going to the game? We plan on crashing tailgates.

Marathon Maniac #957

Slo - are you coming up for the Marathon?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

I'm not sure just yet.

I missed it two years running now.

Given the attendance list though I'd be stupid not too!

Sayhey! MM#130

Given the attendance list though I'd be stupid not too!

That's a YES!

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, well, FIGUREIT OUT!  I need to reserve a place to stay pretty soon if we want to have a good rate, and I need a head count.  If there are only a couple of us (Amy and I), I can look at hotel rooms, but if there are more, I love to get a kitchen.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jeanne - if we stay a couple miles from Lambeau Field (where there are more reasonable rates), is there parking near the race start/finish?  I will have my car....

Slo

I am 99 and 53/100 % sure I am in. I'll be far from marathon ready so the half it will be. Let me know what you find for a house. I'll join if you need people.