Masters Running

New Month Monday Daily, 12.1.14 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Great photos of two gorgeous women (in the same dress!) yesterday, Starr.

Ribs, i sure hope you find the answer to the fatigue issue. Good for you for trying to stay on top of it.

Mike's right, TW - good choir work!

I'm having a tough time relating to Erika's tales of folks on the beaches... Have a safe trip home!

SRD (Scheduled Rest Day or "So, it's Really December?") today, so I slept in a little and then got up to read more of Saturday's WSJ, that usually takes me a few days to get through. Where else can one read about Britain's planned ground defense against Hitler's attack by sea that ultimately never came; easier/less expensive ways to neuter dogs; the history of lending libraries, and how some of today's e-books services mimic the earliest 'libraries;' and the power/influence of the Alsop brothers (Stewart & Joseph) and friends at their peak in the late 50s and early 60s?

It's a full work week this week - I hope I can deal...

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and all to follow. I just ordered a subscription to the WSJ for my DH for one of his Christmas gifts. Hope you enjoyed your SRD.

Beautiful pictures of Starr and her mother in the same dress.

Good luck with the transition from Hawaii to Alaska, Erika. It sounds like you had a really nice vacation with your family.

Ribs - you're the healthiest person I know as far as exercise and eating habits go. Sure hope you find out what's causing your fatigue problems. Do you take any vitamins or supplements?

It would have been real easy to do more miles than degrees this morning. It was a balmy 6° with a good 15 mph wind out of the north at 5:00 AM this morning. I went to the Y to run indoors. All of the treadmills were full and there were about 30 people on the track. Didn't feel like weaving and bobbing and saying "on your left" every minute so I went on an elliptical for 45 minutes, then 10 minutes on the rowing machine and 30 minutes of weights and core stuff.

Yes Tet, I grew up with Vince Lombardi. The Packers have had some really good years and some really bad ones. I've been through all of them. We gave our tickets to my DS and his friend who is a huge Tom Brady fan (yes, he lives in Green Bay). They froze their little tushes off but really had fun. That was a great game yesterday, even if you don't like the Packers. Classic "Frozen Tundra"

Enjoy Cyber Monday everyone!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning Jay and Jlynne and all to follow!

No run for me today, just 25 minutes or thereabouts of weights and core.

Happy Monday!  (If I keep saying it, maybe I will feel it.)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Good morning early posters and those to follow,

triiathlon for me already - biked to yoga then on the way home saw Henry running, so changed into running shoes and joined him for a couple of miles in 50 degrees

Ribs - while you're finding out what's happening (((Saint)))

I guess it it the beginning of a work week for some, isn't it.

happy december

marj

Henrun

Yes Tet, I grew up with Vince Lombardi. The Packers have had some really good years and some really bad ones. I've been through all of them.

In 1961 I was living in Chicago (one block from Wrigley field) and saw Lombardi's Packers beat the Bears 31-28. (Bart Starr and Paul Hornung carrying the load).

Yes, Marj sighted me. After a somewhat longish run yesterday I wasn't going to run today, but who can resist a shorts day in this temperate weather?

Mariposai

Good Monday my friends!

Marj, you are my hero. I love how you are so spontaneous with your fitness activities!

Spareribs, I hope you are Ok. Butterfly hugs to you ohh wiseone!

Tetsujin, I heard that two people from Seattle were the winners at the Seattle marathon. That is cool.

Did anyone else stepped on the scale this morning ?. Two miles on t he TM for me this morning, I wish I could do more, but that is all the time I have. We have a group of  MPH students and a professor from UW coming to spend three days with us starting today (they are working on a research project). Anyway, let the fun cooking for people continue. Tonight I am serving turkey mole, I made it last night and it is yummie.

Happy Running my friends!!

Ohh, btw, I just noticed today that yesterday's run made me pass my 2000 miles per year goal. I like it!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

I don't need to step on the scale mariposai...I ate and drank my way thru the Thanksgiving holiday.

Opted for the warm covers this morning...hoping for enough discipline for a RAW.

Hello, Everyone ~ I'm behind as usual . . .

Starr - Beautiful photos of you and your mom.

Ribs - {{Hugs!}}} Hope the docs can figure out what the heck is going on with you.

We had a very quiet Thanksgiving, as usual, and I managed to be somewhat mindful of what I was eating. . . .  except for Shorty's peanut butter cookies.  Dang him!!

Instead of running the Turkey Trot, I worked with The Hub for a couple of hours Thursday morning so he wouldn't be gone half the day.  I wrangled a mower up and down and over and under for 1.5 hrs before the boots I was wearing ended up rubbing a couple of blisters on the backs of my heels.  That's the end of those boots!  After that it was racking and blowing areas clear of debris.  I probably burned just many calories working as I would have running.

I did some core/ST Friday and a 45 min stat bike ride and ran 6 miles on Saturday.  Egads!  I could tell that that's the longest run I've had in well over a month.  Today was 1.25 hrs of core/ST.

I just about have my schedule figured out for next year.  One of the things I'm excited about is my friend, Karen, and the brother of the RD for Western States will be taking over the Rucky Chucky Aid Station next year and I get to work s a volunteer.  Woo hoo!!  It'll be a lot of work, but it'll be a blast, too.

Okay - I need to get some work done.  Have a great week, friends ~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

King of PhotoShop

Thanks jlynne.  I gave up vitamins last year but you make an interesting point. Since I'm on that VB6 diet, maybe I should make sure I'm getting vitamins. I will buy a bottle of multi and see how that goes.  As to that Packer-Pats game, no matter whose side you are on, you have to admit you saw two greats battle it out yesterday.

Jay, my son Prime Rib gave me Lapham's Quarterly Journal last year for Christmas. Comes out 4 times a year, each issue with some theme, such as "The Sea" and then there are famous essays or short stories by noted authors on some topic related to the sea. Fascinating reading.

Today is mid-30's and windy, which here in TX means HORRIBLE weather to everyone else, but a normal day in the park for us.  3.5 miles at easy pace this morning with the Saint.

Off to Cincinnati later this week but home another couple of days.  Spareribs

TammyinGP

good morning and happy December to all!

We are getting an early start to our December by getting our tree up already. Usually we wait a bit longer, but weather was dry this weekend so decided for a change to get it when it's not raining. I haven't decorated it yet though but all decor boxes are down from the garage attic so I'll get a start on that tonight.

I actually got in not one but TWO runs this weekend. That's pretty much a record for me given my lack of running the last several months. 5.2 miles on Saturday, which sadly left me with sore quads. And another 2.3 of hills and trails yesterday to offset some of the soreness. . .or add to it maybe.

Tammy

Mike, great picture of your daughter and family.  starr, nice pictures of you and your mother in the same dress.

Nice long runs for Mike, shadow, Tramps, mari, and Holly.

This morning, I woke up not wanting to go for a run.  I went out anyway and it was tough.  The weather wasn't terrible, temps in the mid to high 20s and some wind.  I bailed after 3 miles at an 11:34 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

janie b good

Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving weekend.  I took 4 days off from running to spend time with family.  we ate a lot, drank a lot, and baked a lot of Christmas cookies!  I have much to be thankful for (and I'm not just talking about all the cookies).

oh, and Happy December!

3.28 t'mill miles at the gym.  and I have a spinning class at 7:30pm with a good friend that I can't get to run with me.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

evanflein

Love the pictures of Starr and her mom. Also loving the photos posted on FB of Enke and her kids with Mariposai!

Got in my last Kauai run this morning, 7.4 miles up here and over there, stopped to watch for whales (didn't see any) and checked out a couple of fliers posted about houses for sale. There's a "cottage" down the road for $3,675,000 and another larger home for $4.9 million. Holy carp....

Kids all got home ok, although DS2 and his GF were delayed a couple of hours. Really sucks to sit around in an airport for over 2 hours waiting for a 30 minute flight.... MIL leaves this afternoon, then DH and I will get a couple more hours on the beach before getting ready for our flight home around midnight. Still have stuff in the refrigerator to clean up so leftovers for dinner! You can't take it with you, and anything left gets tossed....

Darn!!  I just posted on yesterday's thread instead of today and I can't cut and copy to here!!  Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

i still can't do pictures and now paragraphs all all jumbled up again but maybe your post will find its way to aamos. However, you don't have to get sick to have body aches, chills, and just miserable. Just run any of the several marathons in Seattle in November, . . . or any other month or that matter. ................................................

Darn!!  I just posted on yesterday's thread instead of today and I can't cut and copy to here!!  Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

................................................

Hi all!!  Still not much in the way of running or working out for me since the marathon --- been a long time since I took a much needed break!

I did manage 3.2 easy miles on the treadmill Sat followed by upper body weights and core.  Then yesterday halfway thru the day at work I started feeling flu-ish --- all over body aches, chills and just miserable - no fever.   I went home and slept about 3 hours in the afternoon then over 9 hours at night and feel fine today!!  Still didn't go to work as I had already called out when I was miserable last night and didn't run even tho it was in the high 50's here -- figured my body needed another rest day!!

Starr - you look beautiful!!  I tried to right click a pic on FB but when I try to paste it here it doesn't go through.  Wish it was that simple for me.

Aamos -- any word yet?

Erika - glad you had a wonderful time in Hawaii!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)