Masters Running

Monday, 11 January and Planet Earth is Blue and there's nothing I can do. (Read 40 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Ch ch ch changes...

Ground control to Major Tom

Check ignition and may God's love be with you...

Young Americans, Rebel Rebel....

34F

3.25 miles

Tricia, Jane, Ralph and I ran this morning. Tricia and Jane went in to swim. Ralph and I went in for stretch and core. And then shower and coffee.

When the radio told me that David Bowie died... I am mourning the loss of part of my adolescence.

And the stars look very different today

Astronaut Chris Hadfield

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

''When the radio told me that David Bowie died... I am mourning the loss of part of my adolescence.''

yeah,

it's getting weird,,,,I still can't watch a Robin Williams Movie

================

Whine-ing Alert-

also

I have about as much chance RaceWalking with jay as I do Pacing mikeE in his next race

always

get kinda Bummed Out this time of Year,

since I can't Run anymore,

am sort of Slapping Around to find Something To Replace It

The New Normal

Whine-ing Alert Off-

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

am sort of Slapping Around to find Something To Replace It

And that's what makes you so dang special...you never give up.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

RIP, indeed.  And I am still sad over the loss of Natalie Cole.

twocat, that's what I had after the Philly marathon in 2014.  It DOES heal......

mari, they were not speedy miles!

I'm sad for VIkings fans, but I'm also sad for that poor kicker.

Positively brisk this am.  Just 6.  I wanted Eddie Redmayne to win last night.  And Cate.  I like relationship movies

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

TammyinGP

I'm actually sad for the guy that holds the ball for the kicker (what is he called?). He held the ball wrong. I think the kicker would have made the FG but for the laces facing the wrong way.

Monday Monday - just a working day for me. Need to get alot done as I have a 3 day wknd coming up and will be out of the office about 3 hrs on Thursday as I'm giving a presentation to two business classes at a middle school.

Tammy

I promise not to overpost today... but... I just have to add this because Starr is waiting for a new grandbaby on this day.

28 years ago today. In Cincinnati. The Christ Hospital. Lilmissrosie was born!  Yes, indeed. Life sure got interesting and FABULOUS 28 years ago today. At 4:08 p.m.

The rocket scientist remembers it well because, up in Cleveland, the Browns and Bernie Kosar beat the Indianapolis Colts. It was 16F in Cleveland and about the same in Cincinnati.

Rosie, would you believe that I was born at that same hospital? Of course, that was just about 70 years ago so I guess we weren't there at the same time. 

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Rosie, would you believe that I was born at that same hospital? Of course, that was just about 70 years ago so I guess we weren't there at the same time. 

Small world, indeed.

I wasn't around much this weekend, but Congratulations to MikeE on another stellar race!  And with a wrong turn, to boot!

I feel sorry for the Vikings kicker, too.  Talk about over analyzing - that - and El Chapo - seem to be all the news networks have to talk about this morning.

And I agree with Mike's comment about TomWhite - our never give up guy

I had an extra long core/ST this a.m.  1.5 hrs of core/ST, then 15 min of the Foundation training.  The FT training, I'm still trying to get a handle on.  It seems to be very easy to overdue it.

Went through more paperwork of my dad's yesterday.  I tell ya, "rummaging" through the past can be wonderful and heartbreaking all at the same time.  My mom contracted rheumatoid arthritis when she was about 21.  She died from complications of the disease, plus at least 2 other rare types of arthritis, 26 years ago at the age of 45.  In those 24 years, she suffered - A LOT.  Not just from the disease, but from other health issues that came about because of the disease and the treatments she was on trying to give her some kind of quality of life.  Also part of it all were monstrous medical bills.

Yesterday I came across a piece of paper where my dad had written down 7 different surgeries my mom had between the 1987 and 1989 (foot, hand, heel, back to the foot, the heel, etc.), plus his own neck fusion in 1988.  At one point, my parents $6.99 in their bank account, and the only reason I know is I found correspondence my dad had with the bank about a check in the amount of $27.49 that was returned NSF.  My dad had a good job with PG&E, but money only stretches so far.  On top of that, I got married in 1987, and even though I did things as inexpensively as possible, there were still expenses.

I knew my parents had money issues because of all the medical bills,  and one point both my parents were on disability due to medical issues, but I never really understood until I started going through all his paperwork.

I apologize for going on and on, but I don't know - it's just really hitting me hard for some reason and it just feels crushing sometimes.  Shorty keeps telling me all that's in the past and now their together and neither is suffering anymore and I get that, but it's still so hard.  My parents were incredibly strong people and my admiration for them just continues to grow, even though they're both gone.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

King of PhotoShop

Tammy, that guy who holds the ball for the kicker? He's called the "holder."

2 recovery miles.   Spareribs

Sayhey! MM#130

Nah, Ribs and Tammy, he's the "Lucy."

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Tammy, that guy who holds the ball for the kicker? He's called the "holder."

You're the best, Tom White.

Sad indeed about David Bowie. My favorite was "Pressure" with Queen. He must have kept his illness very private. I didn't know anything about it - and he just released a new album last week, right?

(((Leslie)))

-4° here this morning with an even lower wind chill, so I did 6 on the treadmill at the Y and 45 minutes of free weights and core stuff.  If, by some unbelievable miracle, the Packers could beat the Cardinals this weekend and Seattle wins, the next playoff game would be at Lambeau, probably at night. Just thinking about it makes me cold!  Excited for that excellent game to be played tonight...

moebo

I was terribly sad as well to hear the news about David Bowie. I saw him in concert twice and can say without any hesitation that he had the most charismatic stage presence of anyone I have ever seen perform.

4.5 windy miles,

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Leslie}}}

No run for me today, but about 35 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

((Leslie)) Life can be so hard at times. Every morning I wake up and every step I run I try to remember to be thankful and to cherish it as a precious gift.

1 hour computraining with a tribute to David Bowie - as we did killer intervals! Then braved the cold and wind (not Erika cold) and ran 5.5 miles to get in a solid brick. There were times during the run I felt the wind was bringing me to a standstill, but I pushed forward and ended with a decent pace - hard to call it easy pace tho when the effort was anything but easy!!

DH has been working like crazy still in the basement and the studs are now up for the walls. I told Maria Papa was building her a room just for her and she pouted and walked away!! LOL I think she likes sharing her Mommy and Daddy's room and bed!!  Oh little one how your life is about to change when baby #2 arrives!!

Off to bed early -- on call at 3am for another potential 16 hour shift.

denise

fatozzig I find it pretty remarkable that you can run the way you do with your genes. Your mother's joint ailments sound just awful.

AamosY well I sure hope it heals fast!

Holly S. wow I could have written that for my post today! Think I will!

No running. Just some gym work, about 40 minutes of various things that seemed unlikely to stress out ankle tendons.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

{{{Leslie}}} It is not easy to through all the boxes of stuff like you are doing. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have some bosses of my mom's to go through but just haven't found the right time.

I decided not to go to the Y this morning wit MrStarr after all. I needed to be back home to put food in the oven for my luncheon. The ladies raved about the hot dish and it was good, a baked chicken soufflé, served with yummy cinnamon pickles that I canned several years ago. I came home and sewed for a bit then went to the Y for another 2 mile trek around the track. I finally hit the weights again and tried to figure out a good starting point. On Thursday there is an instructor that has a women's weight class. I plan to start going regularly to that.  It was still pretty busy there but I didn't have trouble finding the bike I wanted for a six mile spin.

That's for now. See ya in the morning.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich