Masters Running

Weightloss Post Holiday Challenge - Week 2 (Read 278 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, folks, where are we at with this? As for me, I weigh exactly what I weighed last week, which is 1 lb up from the week before. I'm not exactly heading in the right direction here. Drat! BTW, did you know that Hershey's Kisses come in several new flavors, including Candy Cane, Hot Cocoa, and New York Cheesecake? Blush Perhaps there's the problem...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I hate to do this to you Holly, but I am down 3 more to 208, 9 pounds away from my 5 week goal.

Marathon Maniac #957

Great job! Don't worry - even if I am not having success at the moment, I still enjoy your success! Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Well Holly - I'm going in the wrong direction too and I blame in on the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I made last weekend. I simply cannot stop eating them!! Angry Plus we had a pizza lunch at work yesterday and pizza is just one of those foods that I can't only have one slice ..... argh!! Anyway, the scale was up 1.8 pounds this morning. Focus, Focus, Focus .......

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i had a shock when i got on the scale this morning.......i was actually down 2lbs .... so i am now where i was when we started the challenge ..........all that holiday/post-holiday gain is gone!! let it be gone forever please!! i was shocked because i've done virtually nothing since my surgery friday and have indulged in a few goodies, but i guess overall my appetite is down so i'm eating less than normal (and sleeping more) ..... just hope it continues!!

denise

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry Up 2 pounds - back to 125. I've given up my glass of wine while I'm fixing dinner, all the sweets have left the building, I ran 5 miles this morning, did inclined lunges and weights for 45 minutes - have worked out every day this week, either running or the eliptical. I don't know what to do any more. It's not my eating habits, honest! Can anybody offer me some ideas on how to get this weight off?
              TammyinGP

I'm up a pound from last week, but will weigh again tomorrow a.m. to see if it's consistent. I had carne asada tacos last night with chips and guacamole, so a bit high in salt content. The pound could be from that.

Tammy

I'm back down 1 lb to 117 so I guess last week's gain was hormonal. This puts me down 2 from the start, but I think to get down any more I will have to make some conscious diet changes. No more bagels!

Once a runner . . .

TammyinGP

oooo hormonal! I forgot that excuse. That's why I'm a pound up this week and why I was craving those salty chips last night.

Tammy

evanflein

JLynne and Mary, I'm with you...! We had pizza earlier and even though we get the Papa Murphy's DeLite kinds and add extra spinach (and take off the bacon and add sundried tomatoes), it's still hard to stop at two little slices and I know it's high sodium! Then dinner with a vendor on Tuesday night... oy. I was 141 on Monday, 143 today but I think it's all ok. I'll settle down here soon. Still pretty much holding steady, which is way better than gaining!

Renee the dog

HOLY CRAP, it's Thursday! Blush I didn't make it into the pantry closet to weigh in 'cause I guess I'm lost in space. I can tell you I'm even or not down though. I am back to drinking -- one beer a few nights a week v. the gobs of other snacks I was inhaling seems to be a decent trade off. Maybe. Time will tell. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and post my progress/no progress.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

<quote">HOLY CRAP, it's Thursday! Blush My sentiments exactly. However, I am so uplifted by others' woes in the battle of the buldge. And I'm a counselorEvil grin I wasn't even going to post because I am up yet another pound from last week, where I was up 2 lbs. So, I'm now up to 138, which is an all time high in several weeks! And I'm too old for any hormonal excusesUndecided Since eating less is not an option, I'm not sure what to do, except continue to try and maybe soon, if I add more brocolli and green peppers to my diet, I'll drop a bunch Dead Tomorrow I have the school BL weigh in. I think it's the pressure of all these weigh ins that are causing me to eat more. That's my excuse Clowning around</quote">
                            Helen - I'm not going to mention your age here, but you're pretty close to me. Are you done with menopause already? I'd like to know how much (if any) weight you gained going through that ordeal. To quote a line from my DH: "I'm not too heavy, I'm just not tall enough for my weight."Big grin
                              Up 2 pounds back to 155. Running has taken a back seat to layin' around and eating. Confused
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                                JLynne - If you're going through menopause, that could definitely be the problem, as well as weight gain through muscle if you've been consistent with your strength training. My weight fluctuates so much, it's ridiculous. When I weighed Saturday (or Sunday??), I was at 140. I weighed this a.m., and I'm at 145. Makes no sense since my eating did change a whole lot over 5 days. Oh well. I'm still keeping my eye on the 140 goal. It's strange, because just a year or so ago, I was at 140 for probably 2-3 years. Now . . . Confused

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance