Masters Running

Friday Feb. 6 Take-it-Easy Runs (or not) (Read 437 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Just thought I’d start the thread while I wait for DH to get ready. I won’t be running while he’s at the surgery center because he asked me not to…That’s okay, though, I have several good books to peruse while I wait. Enke – that you for sharing the details of your doctor visit. The two things that sounded best to me are 1) you can still run (yay!), and 2) 3 glasses of wine (yay!). Did he say anything about coffee and chocolate, though? I’ll check back in later, but good runs to all.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hope everything goes well with your DH Holly. I'm just sneaking a peek before heading out the door and it looks like another day where I won't get much of an opportunity to post. Of course that could always change...one can wish right? Last night's run - 11.02 miles - 1:27:45 - 7:58 (Wave Run) 8:44 - 8:45 - 7:34 - 8:17 - 7:29 - 8:17 - 6:52 - 8:16 - 6:30 - 8:18 - 8:34 - :09 Brrrr....another cold one today but then we are supposed to warm up to the mid 30's on Saturday and even 40 on Sunday...woo hoo!! Great to see CNY and Amy posting. Ribs - running in a red dress...boy I'm not too sure about that one, but can't wait to see the photos, if anyone can pull it off it's you! Wink Have a great day everyone.

Renee the dog

Holly, Good luck to your husband today -- thinking good thoughts for him. I'm hydrating and heading out with Renee. It's 17 wind chill!!!! (Way better than 5 which kept me inside yesterday :rollSmile.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Hey everyone! (Sitting in an airport rightnow) Flying back to Virginia today...got in a great 10.5 yesterday and plan on 5/6 recovery today. Yesterday I pumped out 5.5 miles at MP of 7:50 in the middle of a warm up/cool down. three months ago I was hoping just to finish the Shamrock, but there is a faint glimmer of hope to run a BQ time. Well the are calling us up Take care and good luck on your Friday runs!! Karl

Hill Runner

Good morning all, Holly, I haven't been reading the threads but I hope everything goes well for your DH. I've been sick most of the week, the last time I ran was Tuesday AM, hopefully I can shake this by the weekend. Good running to everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Holly- Good Luck to your DH,hope all goes well... The PNW drizzle is back...
              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                Friday greetings all! Sending good vibes to you and your husband Holly. I hope it all goes well. When I see you next week we can run and catch-up in real time. Feel better Peter. Thanks for the shout-outs yesterday. I appreciate it and all of you. Perch's comment yesterday made me chuckle. Apparently I thought I was indestructible as well and got carried away with a back to back marathon plan. I am making my way back though and my current Masters PR will be in jeopardy again. For now---it's the rehab plan---walked 4 miles at 6:30 8º and less wind today. Here's hoping the day ahead is a good one wherever you are.

Renee the dog

Dern -- that 17 ° sure still felt really cold. Seemed like it took close to 3 miles for me to get comfy but WHOO HOO! No WIND! What a blessing! Renee and I did 7 miles and did catch the sunrise. I took a pic to share here but can't find my cable right now. We did some fartlek running once I got warmed up and the old hip seemed not to mind much. I'm figuring for this upcoming half that I'll have to run about 7 miles at an 8 min pace interspersed with traffic jams in between which will slow me down. So I'm working on liking an 8 min/mi pace. In short spurts. Wink If this works out right, I might just have a Wave-ish Race at that Princess Half Marathon in Disney World.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Holly, good luck to your DH today Peter Feel better soon, Flu season is almost over Roll eyes No running for me yet. I did the Chris Chelios Hour of Power at the gym today. Only managed 45 minutes though. Skipped the jump roping due to the shin but everything else felt good. Did ab work in place of the jump roping.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning! Good luck to your DH today Holly. I know my husband would feel the same way, but I'd be tempted as you were! As promised - I was out for 6 miles last night. It was kind of a race against daylight - but I knew that the daylight was going to win. 10:57 avg. pace - 169 avg. hr. I was kind of sick the rest of the night though. I'm pretty sure the run had nothing to do with it. Maybe a touch of the flu. Regardless, no running this a.m. TGIF!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

good morning! Karl, have a good flight. nice run yesterday. Exciting about your possible BQ. Peter get well soon. Karin's running Smile. If I had time i'd find the dancing bananas. Posting them in spirit. Hope it goes well Holly. SRL food on the telly. As we used to say, snork. Penguin too obscure for me. Continued good wished for your dad. Enke... so far so good, for the most part, at least. I hope this resolves to where you don't have to worry about it Any More. hi AAmos Big grin 5:45 miles this morning, 9:12 average pace, 7;30 max. 155 ahr, 180 max. It's sad that when I see a number like 155 for average, i have to wonder if my Polar is malfunctioning. I'll have to see if it happens again. It said 127 & 137 for the first couple of miles. unheard of! Miles were 10:55, 9:00, 8:49, 8;48, 8:42, last at 8:35. Then 2 sets of lower body weight machines & side planks, 1.5 min. on each side. happy Friday!
                        Slo

Great Morning All ! Holly......Best wishes for today. Another very easy run in the bank for last night. 3.85 mi at 8:56. I took our dog Sadie, a mixed breed, Shepard / Collie mix out for the 2nd time. She was good for about 2 miles the day before. Last night we made it to 3 miles before she had had enough. Poor girl, she's my 16yr old son's dog but ever since he took a job she hasn't been getting the activity she needs. I noticed she was getting a little thick, not to mention her claws were getting long enough to the point she would avoid walking on the hard wood floors. I'm not used to a running partner......especially one that decides to just stop at the drop of a hat, or feels the need to explore the other side of the sidewalk.......but she certainly seemed to enjoy it so I'll try to get her out for at least a couple of runs a week. This morning was a lazy swim......did alot wall hugging and B. S.'ing with the other wall huggers.
                            Good vibes to all who are hacking or otherwise unhealthy. Hope all goes well with your DH's surgery, Holly. Just a little recovery run this morning. 18° and no wind. I overdressed, but just a bit. Oh, and I did core afterwards -- I'm doing the RW core exercises 3x week after recovery runs -- it seems to be working out ok, but of course I can't tell if I'm benefiting from these. 3.1 miles, 29: 53, 9:32/mi AHR 129 (65% mhr)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Smile OK, I am slammed at work so I have about 30 seconds to check in, for now. At the Y last night: 5 miles - 45 minutes - 9:00 pace - foot feels greta - no wimmin problems Big grin If all goes well, I may have a 30 mile week Cool....but being careful and cautious too. Check in again later. Luv Y All TimBo GGTK

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Good Friday morning, all! Whew I'm glad that this week is over - I'm ready for the weekend and the cold to end. ((((Peter and Mary)))) - feel better! Holly - best wishes to your DH. SLO - nice of you to take Sadie out for a run - I'm sure she appreciates it! Easy 6 miles on the TM this AM. Looking forward to Sunday - long run in shorts if the track is clear. If not, I'm not sure where I'm going to do the long run. I doubt that the trail is passable right now. Everybody have a great weekend - good luck to any folks lucky enough to be racing this weekend! Hugs to our injured comrades.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous