Masters Running

Wed Mar 5 Runs and Workouts (Read 564 times)

munchkn883

Talked to nurse today and my markers are up to 57. Cry Went out and did a nice 3 mile walk at less than 15 mi. pace.
    wildchild

Carolyn

Evanflein has posted her "person of the day" info over at kickrunners. Here's a link: http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23491 Munch, sorry to hear your markers are up again. Hang in there. Glad you got out for a walk - probably helps ease the mental strain and worry. I got out for a 4.8 mile run in the snow at lunch, and it was nice! A bit chilly, and I kept taking my hat and gloves off then putting them back on about every other mile. Glad I HTFU'd and went outside!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

seemomgo

This is probably something everyone has already seen, but I hadn't and just cracked up! http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-walt-babyboomers-blurb,0,1036393.blurb
        PJH

Forced rest day today. Heavy snow fall last night ... just let up a while ago ...shoveled twice already today. Decided to use my treadmill for the first time this winter ... went to turn it on only to find out it's completely dead ...not sure why, but arranged for a service call in a week. Guess I'll just take it easy ...or shovel some more snow. Enjoy your runs and cross-training. PJ
            7 medium long miles today at about 9:18 pace. Sunny and 38 so it was a very nice run overall. We dodged the 10 inches that Detroit area got last night (whoo whoo) so the sides of the road where pretty clear for a change. good runs everyone

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Two years today since I started running (well, walking for the first several weeks), and I'm celebrating by . . . . . . . NOT RUNNING! Angry This time last year, I was having severe PF issues, so it's almost as if I start fresh every March. Today I'm still sick with the crud. At this rate, I'll manage a marathon . . . oh, maybe when I'm 75! Better time with the orthotics today, though, so I am going to enjoy the last bit of daylight with a leisurely walk. roch - it takes until the early 20s for kids' frontal lobes - the center of reasoning - to fully develop. A bunch of teacher friends and I use the term "NFL" for "no frontal lobe" to describe stuff like your son doing all of that driving to get to the hockey game. Now we don't even have to say "NFL;" we just tap our foreheads. wild - yep, I guess I'm a wimp, too, because I schedule rest days somewhat according to the weather, too. Probably because I did lots of kayaking before I started running and got used to scheduling paddles according to the tides. seemon- loved the video! Relay Racers - you are AWESOME, both in your running and your race reports. Thanks for sharing your wonderful accomplishment with us. Sorry so many of you are still dealing with that dreadful 4-letter word, snow. Spring has to come eventually, right? Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I was scheduled for 9 did 6.
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                pfriese

Evening all, When I got home from work the wind was howling out of the North and even though it wasn't all that cold (45 degrees), I ran inside on the treadmill. 8 miles @ 9:52/mile avg pace. Paul
                  spacityrunner

3.5 in avg 12:30 m/m. Nice run, now lets hope the foot thinks so. The morning should tell. Good night and good runs all.

Trails Rock!

Mariposai

I just went out for one mile to shake out the cold and enjoy the warm sun...anyhow...the next mile saw me crossing Highway 97 into the Colville Indian Territory; the next mile found me gazing at the most spectacular sunset over the North Cascades Mountain; the next one found me running over a cattle guard and up a rocky hill which led me to drink more on the sunset and then back down homeward. Glorious 9.2 miles wearing capri running pants, long tech shirt, a red bandana and my faithful garmina to keep me company. Life is good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I just went out for one mile to shake out the cold ...anyhow...Glorious 9.2 miles
                        I think you did it. Enjoy the GIFT! Big grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)