Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 3.18.14 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

I haven't had a chance to catch up with yesterday's daily - my day yesterday started with a 7:30 meeting, and ended with a 7pm meeting, so the day was a bit longish. But it was also a productive day, so I didn't mind putting in the time.

6.01 RW miles this morning at 4:15. The moon was still pretty full (and pretty too!), so I had good light to work out in. It was cool at 14F, but the forecast was for it to have been about 10 degrees cooler, so I lucked out with the milder temps. My half in a week and a half has some hills in it, so I'm trying to find all the hills around here (there aren't many) to clamber up in my workouts. I managed to find a couple of slight hills this morning, so I made a little progress.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

We're in Ohio with my daughter for a few days. Some errands this morning and will run this afternoon in warmer temps. Possible meet up with Holly this evening who lives nearby.

...See??...you spell the Day right, and people post on your thread................

===============

but I digress.........

...............45mprnb

ws

.................good running guys....................Happy Twosdey......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

Good Morning,

In keeping with yesterday's theme, I didn't run yesterday either.  We spent some time on the tarmac in Asheville loading on extra fuel.  There was a storm around Punta GOrda, where we were landing (it's about 45 minutes north of Ft. Myers; Allegiant flies out of there) and so we were adding on extra fuel in case we had to divert to the east coast and land in Ft. Lauderdale.  Fortunately, we didn't, DH was at the airport and we had a lovely evening after the marathon at home with the cats (Coco and Caroline) and SImon, the bird, all of whom seemed to have missed me. 

I'm loving the image of Deez and Karin handing off cupcakes and greetings as they pass each other in Boston training runs.  And Yay, Deez, on increasing your speed--it's not all about speed, but it's awfully nice when it happens that you get faster, isn't it?  Congrats on the weight loss, as well.

Holly's pink pj story is keeping me grinning this morning, and I'm glad to hear Stumpy (Kevin) is being prudent about his hamstring AND guilt.  Safe trip.

Hi tet!!

After running in  the rain and cold in Asheville,and the day off yesterday,  I was really looking to running this am.  Until I got up and found it was raining, yig.  I delayed a bit and got out to do nine recovery miles (worked late before leaving for the marathon last week so got to go in later today).  Hope to find the running club after work for a few peppier miles.  Good Tuesday to you all!

Modified to add;  Henry, Marj, and Holly, just saw henrun's note.  Hope you all find one another and have a splendid visit!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Modified to add;  Henry, Marj, and Holly, just saw henrun's note.  Hope you all find one another and have a splendid visit!

Thanks Amy - we're just working out the details now...

Dental cleaning this morning at 10 means I am going in to work a bit late, so I used the opportunity to run outside a little longer.  Surprisingly peppy run in 31 degrees under the full moon - sproinkiest run I have had in a while, and no pain!  Very happy.

8 miles total

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Nothing new for me to add here, except glad to read about the Holly-Hen meet-up.

6.01 Jay?  You Garmin people you.

Ran solo this morning, 3.4 and felt okay.  Spareribs

dg.

Hi Smile

This has to be a brief catchup because my hands have been going numb lately, and prudence is my middle name...

tw, I'm so sorry about your dad!!!   (started reading Sunday, & had read something earlier...)   Loved the stories.   so sweet.

Love the Henry Holly Marj (alphabetical) meet up!

& Holly's sproinky run.

behave, Kevin.

Jo... nice to 'meet' you!

Well, here's my question.    I haven't been able to do much with my right leg since 2/16.   I was almost recovered from the peroneal brevis tendonisits last fall, (left foot), was only up to 6 miles but it almost never bothered me.   So yippee.   Then on the 16th I fractured my right tibia.. it's a plateau fracture.  Non weight bearing for a while,  25%, or foot touch down for the last week, & for the next 2.  I'm still restricted for the most part to isometrics, but have to be careful with those.     (am getting to the question part).    I'm sure my aerobic fitness has disappeared, even though I keep trying to move, as we all do in these situations.     Someone suggested to me that I could ask the dr. if I could use an exercise bike just with my left leg.  prop the right one somehow.    It might be weird on my back, not sure about that.   But it could be aerobic.    I wonder in part because my left leg is the one doing all the work anyway,   (& I'm bothering the injury because of all the balancing & hopping).   I'll already have a significant  leg strength discrepancy.   Do I want to add to that?    Any other thoughts?

thanks!

How are things in Ohio Henry?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ohio gozaimasu hen/holly/marj

After yesterday’s unplanned training run under the full moon and vowing it wouldn’t happen again, lovely luna enticed me into another early morning four miles, . . . then promptly slipped behind the coastal fog to leave me on my own. Maybe I can give all my lost taper days to someone who probably shouldn't be running for a while. <<<(dg/dg)>>>.
                  Someone noticed that his hooded sweatshirt from a local cycle shop was exactly the same with mesh hood liner, reflective wrist bands, etc. as my precious 2013 Pigtails 100 one I had just been able to retrieve from the lost and found from the Redmond Spring-Run-for-Fun Marathon two weeks ago.. When I said mine cost $100 (the registration fee), he said his was $95+tax at the store.  No wonder Pigtails changed to, of all things, a robe for this year. What’s that all about? Maybe I can give it to Leslie for her solo runs in the redwood forests. If it’s pink, maybe Holly’s DD.  Not that she’s not hot enough anyway already but probably too hot for my goddess hero who got me into the MM’s aamos, in her new environs.  
                  ps mikeE - maybe Brooklyn Park and Maple Grove are like Istanbul and Constantinople or New Amsterdam/New York, Harrisburg and Juneau, etc.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

it's a full moon and Tet's training. I always knew those full moon's affected people oddly.   Tet, I saw on the news about the helicopter crash. Sounds like it happened right where my office used to be when I lived up there. I was on the corner of 5th & John.

I've been away from Mpls for so long now, that I can't even remember how far apart Brooklyn Park, Maple Grove, Lino Lakes, etc. is?

Will probably get out for a few miles when I get home tonight. Should be low 60's today.

Belated Congrats to Aamos on her AG win!

Tammy

New skirt in town

It was 11F when I got up this morning, so I logged 8.8 miles indoors on my treadmill.  I had some good speedy intervals, but I cut them short when I started to get some painful tension in my left rhomboids...all of this ballroom dancing I've been doing with DH is making my upper back and arms do things they aren't used to doing! And the backward arm swing irritated it.  So, I finished it off at a decent pace and called it a day.  I have some foam rolling to do on my shoulder, of all things, it seems.

--RT

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sounds like it happened right where my office used to be when I lived up there. I was on the corner of 5th & John.

I'm at the other end of town but you'd be looking out the window at it right now as it's all pretty horrible, especially for the news teams who are still seeing it unfold out their windows too and still on the air after two of the friends went up to the rooftop helipad for the last time. The same street was crowded with runners on the way to the St.  Pat's Dash on Sunday and I'll be a block away too for a breakfast meeting tomorrow.   Divechief is nearby too but I think he faces Elliott Bay instead. It's almost overwhelming all the never ending tragedy everywhere nowadays.  No wonder I love running so much..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Tet, I've seen a few newer photos that have been released and the building that I was in (that is now being constructed into condo's) is right behind that McD's on 5th Street. In fact, a few of the pics almost look like they could have been taken from the bldg. I was once in. How sad and tragic. It's nothing short of a miracle that there weren't more injuries given the time of the day it was, with morning commuters and all.

Tammy

THANKS DG//...........sorry to hear you're hurting.......

would PoolRunning be an Option???

.............it's about

as Exciting as Watching Paint Dry,

but zero-impact and great aerobic

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Debbie - I agree with TomWhite.  Poolrunning may be the best thing.  I would not want to do anything to imbalance the legs too much, because that can lead to injury later.  {{{hugs}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Maniac 505

My Condo is about 3 blocks away, it is a miracle more people weren't hurt.

Divechief is nearby too but I think he faces Elliott Bay instead. It's almost overwhelming all the never ending tragedy everywhere nowadays.  No wonder I love running so much..