Masters Running

C'YA (Read 343 times)

The Jogger

I've really enjoyed my four years of running both on here and cool running. The characters, Spareribs, Mary, Irunslowly/RCG, Tom White, Tramps and all my friends here have been amazing, had me laughing & teary at times. Unfortunately, I think I've had one injury too many and have decided to call it a day.. I've been reallly busy lately work/union wise, I don't have time to post, run and read reports. This is not meant to be a drama queen shout 'I'm out of here', stomp stomp stomp. It would just be rude to leave without saying bye from me & my woody of course. So a big thank you to you all Roy & Woody PS: It was a cracker time, it really was!!!!!!!! PPS: Spareribs, I never did get the hang of facebook Embarrassed

Marathon Maniac #957

Roy - please don't feel like you can't pop in every now and then just to say "hi," though. We'll miss you.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Roy--you're still young and we'll be here for a quite a while yet. Feel free to jump back in anytime, running or not. We'll miss our British delegation. Since Max and Woody must be cousins somewhere along the line, we're almost related. Best to you , the Mrs, and Woody. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Roy and Woody, It was a cracker time, it really was!!!!!!!! I am already starting to miss you. Be back to us when you can... Keep running for life, my friend.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Roy, I hope you check in and post even if you're not running. You've become a valuable regular at RA. Who knows, you may very well decide to start back up sometime in the future and we'll be right here to encourage you. Of course, we'll encourage you in whatever you do even if you aren't running. TomS

#artbydmcbride

What will our mornings be like without Woody? Take care, friend, and check in once and a while. Smile

Runners run

umwb

Roy Sorry to see you go, and I'm sorry I never got to meet you, ( or anybody else on Masters running for that matter Sad ) Come back as often as you want, As they say " we'll leave the light on for ya" Give Woody a pat for me
                When I'm not running I'm on my Triumph Rocket 3 !
                  Good luck to you Roy! You and Woody have been a lot of fun. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

King of PhotoShop

Roy, many people disappear for a while, then come back at some future time. Put RA on the back shelf and get back to a different routine. Then one day when you decide it would be fun to pop back in, please do so. We'll all be here. Also, since you and I have each other's addresses we can always stay in touch. If we come over in '09 I will drop you a line of course. All the best, you have been a great contributor here. Spareribs
                      I hope our paths do cross again -- I quite enjoy your postings. Best of luck.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Roy, I agree with Ribs. Don't write us off entirely. I have taken very long breaks when running was not a number one priority, but have always come back (with Ribs' help, of course). Don't be surprised to hear from SR occasionally! I wish you the best. Meg

Once a runner . . .

TammyinGP

I echo Ilene's sentiments Cry . . . I'll miss you Roy, and I'll miss your Woody too . . .

Tammy

Good luck in whatever the future brings, Roy. Maybe running is down the road for you, maybe not, but please pop back in from time to time to at least say hi and let us know you and the Woodster are doing. Take your time going and hurry back. Smile

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Head Procrastinator

Best of luck Roy! Don't say goodbye, just say maybe we'll meet again. Barb
                              ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                              evanflein

I'll always be happy to hear about Roy taking his Woody for a run in the woods... Please don't ever feel it's "been too long" and think we wouldn't remember you. When the time is right, or if you just want to say hi, please stop in and give an update. I hope you can get a handle on those injuries and get back out there soon.