Masters Running

It's too cold, don't go outside! (Read 280 times)

I actually heard them say that on the local evening news today. The statement said medical authorities advise don't go outside unless you need to. The temp. is only going to 15F tonight and 7F tomorrow night. Cold but not dangerous for active people dressed properly. people hear that crap and it's not surprising they think we're crazy! Shocked Since we are runners.......We need to be outside Big grin Makes me want to scream.........

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

bap

Call the news desk and tell them you're going for a run and they can film you if they want. I had friends in Los Angeles who would not take their baby out when it was below 60 degrees.

Certified Running Coach
      Crocked since 2013

evanflein

Oh good grief. Roll eyes
        sillybear

Chief Donut Hunter

I had a friend that used to ride his bike in the snow (had spiked tires for traction on the ice) and folks used to always stop and offer him a ride, convinced nobody would be out if they weren't desperate. It's 37 here and I was returning from a run today and my next-door neighbor saw me and said "Wait, you mean you're out here and you don't HAVE to be?" Surprised
          SteveP

What ever happen to global warming???

SteveP

I think I will pass on this mornings race. Windchill for race time -2, 4 actual temp. Going to FL tonight I will makeup for it down there. See you all end of week.
                What ever happen to global warming???
                .........I love it........ ................heck even I'm running outside,,,,,, can't be that bad.......... now, '' Plague of Frogs'',,,,,,,,Different Story,,,,,,,,

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

DD and I went skiing yesterday, and the high temp was maybe 5 degrees F. I guess somehow people think skiing in the winter is OK, but running or bike riding aren't.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.