Masters Running

Daily closed thread (Read 867 times)

Trust me.........these closed threads are not planned. I post my daily start and then discover that someone else has posted. Since you cannot DELETE a thread, I quickly change the subject and erase the content of my posting, after "copy and pasting" it to the thread. Then, we have discovered that the "closed" thread becomes one of the fun places to hang out and post. Any subject you want to post here today will be fine. Yesterday's topic was just GREAT. I have even thought of making this a picture sharing thread one day.
    Vista

Marathon Maniac #3309

I could tell everyone that I have poison ivy on my "bottom" side....but I am sure no one would like to here the story on how that happened Confused Big grin Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I am not touching that one.....(for various reasons).
        Vista
          ...Carry an extra sock next time.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #3309

...Carry an extra sock next time.......
            I know what you were thinking...but that's not quite it Roll eyes...but it was during a run

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Bike, then what is it? Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

A random summer photo of Ranger, the Wonder Dog ("I wonder where he is?), and various children. Flagstaff Lake, Maine. MTA: Why do photos turn out HUGE sometimes, and TINY other times??

Marathon Maniac #3309

Lets just say, I guess I don't know what poison ivy really looks like. On a run last Monday night....I had to "go" real bad....I know we all have "been there, done that" I looked for the closest woods and proceeded into a very brushy area. I dropped my shorts and....you know.... Then the that night I woke up itching super bad and then remembered being in the woods. It spread from my bottom to my back, and still bothers me, but is getting better. My doc verified it was poison ivy, and since he is a runner too... he completely understood how I got this...but he did laugh at me Smile. And no...I didn't wipe with a poison ivy leaf, just came in contact with it. I always bring my own TP with me like most do. Watch out going potty in the woods in the summer time Shocked I admit to some of the craziest things sometimes Roll eyes Boy, these closed threads can be intereasting to say the least.

Marathon Maniac #957

Tim.... Big grin But I know what you mean, because I run in a wooded area and have had to find a secluded spot before and this is a big worry of mine when I do.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The Jogger

I do as well (run in the woods) and it's an area where you sometimes see an army helicopter ( was going to say chopper) flying over with an open door, as in troops doing exercises and I am always checking the area for camoflagued boys hidden in the bush. Blush
                        There is actually a website that provides pictures of what poison ivy looks like in different seasons of the year, although even if you know you aren't always careful about it. I got poison ivy last summer in a very urban location, so you can never be too careful I guess. Check out www.poison-ivy.org. This concludes my public service announcement for the day.
                          I am always checking the area for camoflagued boys hidden in the bush. Blush
                          Quite the quote! Wink I'm losing my first toe nail, thus almost completing my initiation into ultramarathon trail running. I've had diarrhea, overhydration, peed on myself, slid down a muddy embankment along with sloshing through the mud, rain, blisters, and now losing a toe nail! Now I just need to get severely under hydrated and my initiation will be complete! Big grin

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

The Jogger

HMMMMM, that quote doesn't look right, does it? Embarrassed

Marathon Maniac #3309

HMMMMM, that quote doesn't look right, does it? Embarrassed
                              OMG....That's funny Big grin Wow, 506 views on the closed thread....239 on the daily Confused People like the juicy stuff Big grin. It's like a bad car accident, you hate to look...but do anyways.

The Jogger

I'm going to disguise myself now Smile