Masters Running

Favorite Travel Pictures (Read 1985 times)

We all seem to be going somewhere at some time, and not everything we do is relate running, right?  How about a thread where people show off some of their wonderful pictures from their travels?

We went to Prague in 2008, and these ended up being two of my all time favorites of the over 400 photos we took:

In a little town outside of Prague called Cesky Krumlov.  The houses reflecting off the water was perfect:

My second favorite is section of Prague, itself, at night.  I caught the light just right for this picture:

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Great idea, Leslie, and great pics!  For those of us who so rarely travel, looking at our more worldly friends' photos is wonderful!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The pics don't  have to be from far away adventures.  Some of you guys have beautiful photos from your camping trips, trips to visit family.  It would be fun to see what we do in our "non-running" lives.

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

I'll have to look... most of my far away travel was done before we had a digital camera. We were a little late to that move.

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, I'll bite.  Here's a shot looking down from the CN Tower in Toronto.  DD must have been about 3 here.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, my sister used to work in that pinkish sky scraper office building in the background, 42nd floor.  Scotiabank centre.  I used to live a few blocks to the left in an apartment building, 19th floor.  Great views all around and I could see across Lake Ontario to Rochester from the rooftop pool of my building on a clear day.

ETA - Leslie, those are absolutely awesome!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Holly - So basically your DD has been adorable since Day 1. 

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

A little off the road town that we stumbled upon while in Australia in 2009.  It looked like something out of a Mother Goose book or something.  This was my favorite place:

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Off the beaten path...one of my most memorable marathon course...in my own country. A race course that was set up just for me...this bridge is so memorable to me for so many reasons...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I love that picture, Nancy, and that marathon you ran! Awesome.

Very cool picture-book house, Leslie!

SteveP

I love it Nancy!!!!

SteveP

From Sedona in February.

And having fun (?) in the desert in Phoenix

Sedona is gorgeous, isn't it, Cranium? We were there at Christmas time a few years ago, and luminaries were everywhere at night.  It was quite a sight.

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Currently up in Squaw Valley for Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run.  Lots of snow still, which has required a change in the route.  We took the tram up to the top for a pre-run ceremony.  It's gorgeous!

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

A year ago today we were heading out to the great state of Alaska for our dream trip.   Too many wonderful pictures to post here, but here are a couple of favorites:

Some of our best memories are the boating trips in Northern Michigan and Canada, but those were before digita cameras.   Beautiul territory though!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com