Masters Running

Fall, 2015 What's a good marathon or 50k? (Read 36 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Preferably something that would involve a new state for me and an RA meet-up......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

and should have a 10K and half marathon the same week-end!

an amazing likeness

If a weekend in Maine is any interest....Pineland Farms Trail Festival offers 5K, 10K, 25K, 50K & 50mile in a beautiful, bucolic farm on a few miles outside of Portland, ME over the Memorial Day weekend.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Marathon Maniac #957

Milktruck - I'm looking for fall races, though, since I am already committed to Charlevoix Marathon in June and can really only do two out of town races per year.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

If a weekend in Maine is any interest....Pineland Farms Trail Festival offers 5K, 10K, 25K, 50K & 50mile in a beautiful, bucolic farm on a few miles outside of Portland, ME over the Memorial Day weekend.

Milk--I'm keeping the 25K in mind.  I think CNY is planning on the cano-cross.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

an amazing likeness

Milktruck - I'm looking for fall races, though, since I am already committed to Charlevoix Marathon in June and can really only do two out of town races per year.

Well, there goes my 'reading comprehension' and 'attention to detail' performance for today right down the drain....oops.

Marathon Maniac #957

#artbydmcbride

Long Beach marathon, October.  Long Beach California   

Runners run

wildchild

Carolyn

You still need Colorado, right?  The American Discovery Trail Marathon is in Colorado Springs, on Labor day, and they offer a marathon, half marathon, and 4-person marathon relay.  It's all gentle downhill on a bike path-type trail, so minimal rocks and roots, and minimal pavement.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Actually now that the Vermont City Marathon is the marathon for the 2015 USATF-NE Grand Prix (May 24) I am out for Pineland Farms racing and will be running VCM in VT instead.

Holly, do you have CT? How about the Hartford marathon in October? 5k, relay and half-marathon options too.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Not that this has anything to do with Holly's fall marathon, but that's a bummer.  I was looking forward to meeting Hudson.  Oh, and seeing you, too.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

That Pineland Farms trail race looks nice!  And I need Maine!    Hey, Mike, you don't have Maine yet, do you?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

That Pineland Farms trail race looks nice!  And I need Maine!    Hey, Mike, you don't have Maine yet, do you?

No, I do not have Main, yet...however...I have the National Senior Games in the first week of July...I just think that's too close.  I don't have CT yet, either...but I was going to try to get into the Marine Corps Marathon...hmmm...

Actually...I have plans for both Main and CT...hopefully in 2016.

an amazing likeness

I did the 25K a few years ago. It's a good event -- the paths are pretty good footing (they're the winter xc ski trails, 6+ ft wide, wood chips or forest floor), clover-leaf shaped course passing aid stations more than once mean you don't need to sherpa water or anything. 50K is 2 loops of the 25K course, and 50mi is 3 loops. There's a mix of everyone out there at once. Constant and relentless up/down through the woods and paths through the fields with cows staring at you.

Lots of on-site amenities for runners and spectators incl. farm-to-table market / restaurant, showers & bathrooms in on-campus YMCA, etc.

#artbydmcbride

"....relentless up/down through the woods and paths through the fields with cows staring at you."

<tempting>

Runners run