Masters Running

March Masters Miles Awards (Read 56 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy Easter!  Time to post your March mileage, and any PRs and AG wins!  Also feel free to post biking and swimming miles, and anything else you'd like to share about highlights for the month.  It's so much fun reading the summaries every month from this amazing group of runners!

Awards given, as usual, for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and prime numbers, and anything else I feel like.

I took this picture yesterday on the Gorge Waterfalls course.  Amazing scenery!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I love waterfalls.  200 miles for me in March, a PR monthly mileage.  Not likely to be repeated any time soon.

New skirt in town

Gorgeous waterfall!

249.4 miles this month, and ready to start tapering!  I feel I should have gotten out and ran those extra 0.6 miles...

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

207 miles for March, 602 YTD.

PR at Rock 'n Roll USA Half-Marathon: 1:52:43

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

72.4 running miles in March

I only run 3 days a week and missed 2 runs because of being a race director.

Feeling good though and what's it all about Smile

Thanks Wildchild, nice pic!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I'm betting if you didn't stop to take that beautiful photo Carolyn, you would've gotten 2nd AG in that 50k, at least! Wink

March = 246.58 miles (monthly PR)

YTD = 645.95 miles

PR at the Sleepy Hollow Half Marathon with 1:55:11, and 3rd AG.

FINALLY getting back on track......82 miles this month, as opposed to 24 last month (when I received the fewest miles award Embarrassed)

65 miles, more than the previous 5 months.  Would like to get over 100 again soon.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Woo hoo!! I actually have miles to report for March Big grin

8.7 count 'em, 8.7 glorious miles

165.8 YTD (I had a pretty good start to the year until that stoopid fall in mid January)

Last place award? Bring it on - at least I'm running again!

Oh - and awesome picture Carolyn. Congrats on finishing your first 50k!

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

68 miles  for march

Hope to do do 90-100 in april

I have dropped 6 pounds at least.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

You take the best pictures, Carolyn!

March: 215.0

YTD: 644

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

106 miles for March

298 miles year to date

Thanks, wild

TomS

Savoir c'est pouvoir

Awesome waterfall! Must have been a beautiful course.

155.9 miles for the month. 346 YTD. Training for Flying Pig Marathon.

Raced twice and finished 1st AG in both. Had the pleasure of having my teenager race the 1st one with me (trail race). We basically stuck together the whole race and he finished 1 second ahead of me (we were 7th and 8th overall)...priceless!

C-R

Awesome pic Wild.

You too Cincy.

222.5 and one sub 1:30 HM. No PR's, drips or errors (what commercial was that?).

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

evanflein

180.6 miles for me for March. Most miles since September!