Masters Running

Wed's 3/25 Master Runs - Spring is in the Air! (Read 476 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning everyone... Short version this morning, although I have so much to talk about today...will have to wait till later. At work early this morning as I am waaaay behind, so in short... 7 more easy miles in the bank last night - 1:03:40 - 9:06 ave pace - little windy. but IRC - kewl, as my runs keep feeling easier. Winner or whiner....I choose to be a "winner" today.............you??? Hope everyone has an wonderful day...greta day to be alive Smile Be back later.... TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I choose to be a WINNER today too Tim!! Nice run last night in IDR!! Big grin In an effort to listen to my body, I took an unscheduled rest morning. Oh hell .... it was raining out and I decided to cuddle with Hailey on my lap. Smile I did do 300 various crunches and tonight I plan on driving over to my mom's, run a mile over to a hill and do some repeats on it. I feel better having a plan now .... Happy Hump Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I think I am going to go for whiner. Its cold out. Its going to rain tomorrow and the next day. We are out of blueberries at home . . . oh woe is me . . . Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Planned 4x but did 3x1200m, 2:00 intervals total workouts 2.25@6:44(173) 5:00(168) [0.75=6:40] 5:01(173) [0.75=6:42] 5:09(179) [0.75=6:52] - started slowing here and decided to call it quits. Should have run these a bit slower, maybe 6:55 pace or so. This all within a 10 miler 10.1 miles, 1:22:44, 8:10/mi, AHR 155 (79% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

WRFB may have been whining but I think that workout is still a winner! A winner day for me. 1250 meters swimming (that's 50 lengths). I had very little energy before the swim but I'm feeling terrific now. Tomorrow will be a tempo day and I'm looking forward to it. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm trying not to whine because I can't run today! Work, haircut, kids' conference at school, and college night at the high school will take up all my time today. Oh, well, I'm already scheduled to run with my friend in the morning. Enjoy your runs today!! PS - I really am NOT complaining. DH and I are more swamped with work than we have been in a couple of years. We have great clients who actually pay their bills and appreciate what we do! We're very thankful in this economy. Structural engineers shouldn't be this busy!
                Good morning, all! It's hump day, so that makes it a winning day already! Slept in which also makes it a winning day in my book. Core and weights scheduled for my lunch break. ((((((((Carolyn's Dad))))))))) - hope they find the source of the infection! Jesse had her annual exam yesterday and they found that she has a titer to Ehrlichia. This means a month of twice-a-day pilling with doxycycline - lucky dog! Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

I feel like a wiener today too. Big grin 5 miles on the eliptical, 4 miles on the bike, 1/2 hour of free weights. Stick a fork in me, I'm done! TwoCat - I just bought some fresh blueberries yesterday to put on my Cheerios. Come for breakfast. Tim - it's like you never stopped running for those months. Your runs seem so effortless (and fast) Nice workout for you this morning, Bill. I'd love to use swimming on one of my crosstraining days. Do you give lessons? Teresa - even though these busy days with your kids seem overwhelming some time, enjoy them. I miss those looking at college experiences. Great news that you've got lots of work these days. Hopefully that's a sign that the economy is on the rebound. While I was at the Y this morning, there were two men putting a group of young men and women through some serious, vigorous workouts. I stopped to ask one about his program and he said he was getting them ready for boot camp. Wow - I thought boot camp got you ready for boot camp. Pretty intense stuff, and the women were stride for stride with the men! ETA - just went back to read yesterday's posts. Carolyn - good luck and healing vibes to your father!

Hill Runner

Good morning all, Just putting the miles in.... 8.31 miles of hills @ 8:54 pace, started off sluggish but ended up energized.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Way to go, Peter. Always best to finish energized. Fizzy lifting, 20 minutes of stepper mania, and spin cycle. At least the music included Rammstein's "Du Hast." Yeah, I know what it means, but it's very motivating for spinning (the tune, not the lyrics).
                        "Nice workout for you this morning, Bill. I'd love to use swimming on one of my crosstraining days. Do you give lessons?"
                        JLynne, you really don't want lessons from me. I'm slow and outta shape, swimming-wise. I get it done but it ain't pretty. And no, I'm not whining. Wink Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Carolyn – here’s another {{{healing hug}}} for your dad. Nice string of 100-mile months, btw. 5.85 rather sproinky miles today in 56° with wind and steady rain (ave pace 10:05). I ran in a light rain shell and skirt, the rain cold on my bare legs for the first mile, but then perfect after that. I’ve not had a rainy marathon yet, but I suppose I’m due for one, and need to figure out what my clothing options would be. I’ve never worn this shell for longer runs, and I’m wondering if the high collar would bother me if I did. When you’re out there for 4 hours or more, a little irritant can become a big blister. Lots of rain the next few days, but I’m grateful for it – this is what will bring the flowers and greenery miraculously shooting up. In another week we will be in full bloom. I love the magic of watching spring unfold. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Thanks Tim......I'll drop my whine and go with WINNER Last night just 2 miles, Plan was to get 7 but because of factors outside of my control the log book only got a duece entered. But I'm a WINNER so 2 miles is plenty ! A little break in the weather today......thats 45 deg, breezy and overcast. Good enough to pedal myself to work. May be the only chance I get all week. Wishing everyone happy runs !
                            dg.

Confused I think I'll try to win at whining. more healing vibes for your dad, Carolyn. ((((()))))

Renee the dog

Two recovery miles uphill on the treadmill this morning. Peek at my log and you'll say, "Recovery from what?" So as not to whine, the quick answer is: A day with my Mom yesterday at the DMV and getting paperwork notarized and medallionized. How I got out of the PA DMV with a new license for a woman who couldn't read the monitor to answer the questions and also couldn't sign the signature box is still Confused me.* The 5 hours in the car with a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old was the good part of the day. Wink Renee and I are scheduled to run a 3 more later before dinner -- she had a running date with my husband this morning. Can't wait. Race day is SUNDAY, and it looks like it might not rain now. Whoo hoo! *She had a camera card already, and I needed for her to have a non-expired photo ID toute suite, hence the "real" license v. the identity card. Didn't want to try to switch it up midstream...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!