Masters Running

Friday Friday (Read 34 times)

Good morning Friends!! Sneaking in to start the daily

5.3 easy miles after sleeping in a tad this morning (ok a lot!)  Now getting to head to the Cape and visit the in-laws.

Have a great Friday - Fitness Friday, Forgiveness Friday, Friendship Friday - take your pick or choose them all!!

denise

Have a great Friday - Fitness Friday, Forgiveness Friday, Friendship Friday - take your pick or choose them all!!

I'll pick them all. 

Holly - It seems your DD has always been good at basketball.  What was up with the coach last year??  Screwy.  Happy she's getting LOTS more time on the court this year.

I've been reading a book called "Anatomy for Runners" by Jay Dicharry, MPT, SCS.  Very interesting.  Even though I'm only about halfway through, I did most of the self-assessment tests this morning to ascertain where my body's weaknesses are, and just as I suspected, my hips and glutes are my weaknesses points.  I also have a problem of my right leg/knee collapsing inward (which I've known about but haven't known how to fix it), and I'm fairly tight through the hip flexor and continue to have hamstring issues on the left. Anyway, I started doing the exercises and will be diligently marking my progress to see how things go.  One of the things I'm going to have to really concentrate on is engaging the glutes and not my back when doing bridge work.  Didn't realize until this morning how much I'm NOT doing that.

There is also a new PT in the area who is an ultra runner.  I am considering going to see him for an assessment, see what he says.  I'm tired of getting injured.

So an hour of self-assessment and the beginning of "Putting Humpty Dumpty Back Together Again." (That's the title of the chapter. )

Have a great weekend, friends ~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Good luck with the IL's, deezie.

I'll take Freezin' Friday, . . . and pass it on to aamos.

Except many Novembers ago when there was about two inches of wet snow on top of a two mile frozen lake that needed some mountain bike tire tracks on it from one-side-to-the-other-and-back, cycling commute this morning at 30-degrees was a first in the winter cold for what-I’ve-always-considered-to-be a summer-time activity.  I wonder if Doug and Opie ride in the winter. Reminded me of my first and only sub-30 run at Econo’s PR Christmas marathon in those days.

ps amy - whatever happens, try to keep your hands and feet warm.

The Japanese Joyfuls drape a small cotton "tenugui" hand towel down the small of the back from the back-of-the-neck to keep from getting too damp/wet back there when it's cold but I don't think it would work for fast runners. . 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...I'll go with Friendship Friday, two of my former employees are taking me out to lunch

=============

40's this morning,

60-min HH walk in city park, no cane required

.......going to use the CC Course more,

actually some Creepy People hanging out in the park in the morning (around the back of it NATURALLY)

offset

by the ADORABLE 3 and 4-year olds who came to look at the Giant Christmas Tree the city put up

.ok,

I'll go walking later,

those Kiddos were just Too Cute to miss out on....

..........good running guys.................always let Adorable trump Creepy

.............but carry a heavy cane

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

.............always let Adorable trump Creepy

.............but carry a heavy cane

Words to live by ~ 

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Hello. long time no talkie.

I should probably pick up that book also, Leslie. I'm tired of getting injured also.

nothing running related to post - hence the reason i've been absent so long. oh, a few little jogs here and there, maybe about a total average of 30 mpm (miles per month, not week!), a few slow 5K's to basically force me out there, but that's about it.

hope everyone is well and finding your groove with soon-to-be winter running!

Tammy

Tammy! Hi! You've been missed. And always remember that famous quote by someone here  "you don't need to have a run to post on the daily". Hope everything is good in your world and that son of yours is still running like a champion.

Cute always trumps creepy Tom.

Nice to see Deez post today.

My whole body is my weakness Leslie. Things hurt way more than they used to but after watching a lot of 60+ people implode with bad knees, hips and backs I'm just happy to be out there a few times a week.

Speaking of which, 5 miles this morning in the first really winter run I've had this season. 25° at 5:00 AM but the wind was blowing 15 mph. Had to haul out the whole clothing ensemble today - tights, hat, gloves and a heavier jacket.  When the wind was behind me, it was awesome.  It felt like someone pushing me down the road.

DH got the results of some tests his cardiologist did earlier in the week. He's been having some issues with tightness in his chest and tingling in his arms. While nothing major turned up, they want to do a heart cath in a couple of weeks just to make sure everything is okay. This getting old thing really stinks some days...

TammyinGP

thanks Jlynne ... yes, i've said that very quote a number of times. lol.

in regards to my son - he's not running anymore  . after summer training, he said he just didn't enjoy it any longer and wanted to focus on other things. he still has several school involvements, but none are athletics, which I think is the first time since he was in kinder-soccer!   It's odd not going to meets, etc. but he's so busy academically and still pulling a 4.0, even with honors and AP classes. He's heavily involved in a non-profit called Josephine County Foundation (treasurer), on the debate team and plans to run for state and then national office with the Future Business Leaders of America. whew! I don't even know how he could fit in an athletic schedule on top of all this, but I do miss seeing him run and his teammates.

Tammy

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  And hiya Tamster, gladdaseeya!  tell us about your son, how is he doing?  ANd don't you have a new furry friend, speaking of friendly Friday?

aw shucks, I waited to post as I was hit by a bit of melancholia out of the blue today.....sometimes just happens around the holidays as they approach, thinking of people I miss or who are struggling w/ issues of various sorts.    DH is looking forward to Nashville and should pump up my spirits if I can't get 'em up a little higher before heading home.

I did pack socks and gloves, tet, thanks for thinking of me .  I think right now I just need of the joy of the Japanese Joyfuls!

Leslie, are you doing clamshells and donkey kicks?  I am, as my leaning thing is definitely a gluteus medius issue.

Hey deez, less than 6 months to Somerville.  (Get better so you can start training there, stumps.)

happy weekends, everyone!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Good to see Tammy and Deez posting.  As a matter of fact, it's just good to see all of you posting.....

This morning I did 50 minutes of P90X Core Synergistics and then ran a slow 4 miles in 33 degrees.

Then I worked for a few hours, then did laundry, shampooed the downstairs living room carpet, ran to the library, and now am heading out to have appetizers with DH, DD and her friend.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...Give him time tammy//...he'll start Running again when he's ready

.............meanwhile,

Did you get Injured??..........I'm actually more concerned about you not Running

....ps......Good Thinking aamos//

..........here's what

it's going to be Colder Than

in Nashville this weekend-

Doodley-Squat

........they've already

issued warnings

that if you have a BrassMonkey

out in the yard

you should bring him in

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TomW -

Tammy - David has a lot on his plate and a good head on his shoulders.

Amy - I'm doing clam shells and donkey kicks and a whole bunch of other things, including loosening up my hip flexors and hamstrings.  I did the wall stretch tonight for my hamstrings and couldn't believe how tight they are, especially the left, which is the one giving me the most trouble.  Also working on foot stability and plain ole balance.  We'll see how it goes.

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance